• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Lost to Chelsea (league and EL), City (twice), Liverpool (and now again this year), Sp**s and Utd in the cups...

It's not horrible but it's hardly worth praising.

It isn't amazing I know, but compare the way we played against Sp**s a few games away. Where we still looked shaky at the back when they countered but by and large we were in control, creating chances and looked dangerous every time we went forward. Only our final ball was letting us down. We had similar or better games against Liverpool and Chelsea at home. Now compare that to how we play against most of the bottom half teams. Where a lot of the times we seem to be worse than a pub team. I'm genuinely more confident playing Liverpool at home than Aston Vila.

Last edited:

Pepes blue pill

Reading this forum you would think he’s come here and turned into Klopp in big games.

Yesterday you had someone saying they had more faith in Emery because Wenger lost to Sp**s before the game even started in his latter years, this despite Wenger losing just one of his last seven against Sp**s.

Only thing Emery has improved is I dont see them ****s from aftv posted everywhere I look atm, tho I cant see that lasting long

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
When I first heard this I thought for sure he was misquoted or something :facepalm:, yes he really blamed the weather....:rofl:
Hahahaha the Spanish player who is from somewhere with hotter weather that England it’s subbed off because of the hot, not the tactics. I guess Xhaka must lived in Africa before, that guys deals better with hot than the Spaniard

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
...Has he even played for Juve yet? He's made out of glass.

During the recent international break I was looking at the Welsh line up. I was surprised that Ramsey wasn't included. Later on I saw a pre match report that said he still hadn't sufficiently recovered from the hamstring injury he pick up while with us. That was 5 months ago! Injuries have/will destroy the lad's career.

I keep seeing this stuff about Wenger's no involvement vs Emery's tactical approach. I have to say I disagree with that POV as it is superficial.

I'm not Arsène sympathiser but he had a style and he wanted his team to oppose it on others. Lets look at the rest of the top 6 from last season

Pep - exactly the same
Klopp - exactly the same
Poch - Same
Sarri - the same to a painful level
Ole - he's just a fraud. Not even a manager. No one knows why but Mourinho before him was exactly the same

Sure, these guys study the opposition and understand what they are up against. But their style is their's. They may tweak to player selection or maybe their formation a bit but over a season we know what they are. Wenger was a big club manager. A world class big club manager once and then eventually not. But big club nontheless.

Emery on the other hand is a serial tinkerer. Small clubs made him and now he is the type of guy that believes his own hype. Every game is a new system, formation, instructions etc etc as if his team is inferior and the opposition is Barcelona. When I hear the PSG example of players saying no thanks, 433 plz, I kind of understand. This is PSG. It's the French league. Give me a break! Just turn up to work, submit a team sheet and go to the touch out and boom you are champions. But oh no not our leader. Wants to tinker in the most pointless league that has a big team in it.

I doubt he will get sacked but hopefully he goes the same way as he did at PSG.

yorch44

get the Norwich manager.
Against freaking ManCity one of the best teams pressing up high... the way they pass between players with quick balls and one touch balls it’s something you need to work and practice a lot. And we are talking about average players.

That’s what a manager does... maximize the output of your players supporting them with a system which suits them. Football is teamwork, if you play like that, quick and simple you can even defeat teams with better players.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
..Yesterday you had someone saying they had more faith in Emery because Wenger lost to Sp**s before the game even started in his latter years, this despite Wenger losing just one of his last seven against Sp**s.

They were right. The last 8 PL games wenger played against Sp**s he only won once. Losing 3 times.

yorch44

Come on, Torreira isn’t much better and Willock is still unproven. Compared to a lot of teams in the league our midfield is inexperienced and full of mistakes. We are going nowhere with Xhaka at its heart.
So Norwich can play that kind of football with 500K players but we don’t with ours.... sure! The manager is nothing to blame! PSG players and funds were not enough for Emery to make them play well... it doesn’t care what player you bring here ... he will be ruined by Emery’s ways

blaze_of_glory

I don't even think Emery was a bad appointment, made sense at the time.

Just getting ever clearer that we're not gonna see the Arsenal that we want with him in charge.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Honestly seems like a real lack of decent options out there. We missed the window where Pep and Klopp were looking for new teams for no reason at all. There isn't really anyone I can fully get behind appointing. It's going to be a punt isn't it really

Manberg

Predator
Honestly seems like a real lack of decent options out there. We missed the window where Pep and Klopp were looking for new teams for no reason at all. There isn't really anyone I can fully get behind appointing. It's going to be a punt isn't it really

There’s many options. Freddie, Allegri, Arteta, Mourinho, Rodgers... the Norwich manager etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom