• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Great post. I do think however that we need to look past the results because we very easily could be 5 points worse off than we currently are and if we keep performing at this level I can't see the results lasting much longer. You have to factor in the quality of the players and considering that the performances have not really been adequate even if the results are coming.

The quality of our current players is pathetic, and we left the summer transfer window weaker than we came into. Selling Monreal was a dumbass move, Luiz is a downgrade from even past it Kos, Pepe hasn't been an upgrade from anyone....... so what's your point?

Jae

The quality of our current players is pathetic, and we left the summer transfer window weaker than we came into. Selling Monreal was a dumbass move, Luiz is a downgrade from even past it Kos, Pepe hasn't been an upgrade from anyone....... so what's your point?

Come on mate that simply isn't true.

KT looks like a world beater, Luiz is clearly an upgrade on Kos (and Sokratis) and by all accounts he's had an great influence on the squad. Weve got an amazing young CB in Saliba ready for next year.

Pepe hasn't hit the ground yet but we've all seen what he can do. Tell me you weren't pleased when we signed him?

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I think if we get into the top four, and the board supports him, then the fans should support him.

We will get nowhere if we are hopelessly divided. I know this is not a popular viewpoint.
Fans will never be united in this day and age if we keep playing the way we are right now. But I'm more interested in how the board reacts at the end of the season. They seem to have become tunnel visioned into securing CL football. How much trust would they have on Emery to keep us there?

Ewarwoowar

Seems that fan frustrations have them teetering on the brink, I am not sure he will survive in to the New year if we suffer our usual winter fall out, need to put some day light between us and the chasing pack tout de suite as a buffer, if that is even possible.

scytheavatar

Established Member

KT looks like a world beater, Luiz is clearly an upgrade on Kos (and Sokratis) and by all accounts he's had an great influence on the squad. Weve got an amazing young CB in Saliba ready for next year.

Pepe hasn't hit the ground yet but we've all seen what he can do. Tell me you weren't pleased when we signed him?

KT hasn't been able to be played so far due to injuries...... and there's no guarantee his injury problems are done with. Luiz we all know is guaranteed to make mistakes and cost us points, so he has always been a desperate better than nothing signing. And we signed Saiba for next season when we needed a good center back this season.

Doesn't matter if I was pleased when we signed Pepe........ I was not that pleased because it is not clear to me why we are spending 70 mil on a winger instead of midfield and defense. And I would rather we have spent that money getting a top class center mid to replace Ramsey.

A lot of fans are vastly overestimating our current squad...... we have spent a sizable amount of money and yet we still need to spend a lot more to get us into having a squad good enough to secure top 4 reliably, let alone challenge for the league.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
A lot of fans are vastly overestimating our current squad...... we have spent a sizable amount of money and yet we still need to spend a lot more to get us into having a squad good enough to secure top 4 reliably, let alone challenge for the league.

Challenging for the league is light years away... Maybe not in our lifetimes.

Top four is easily achievable with this group... Multiple teams in the race are **** & even with the collapse last season just 1 point off. Alot of emphasis put on finishing top four but reality is its not that hard. In recent years all we needed to do was win an away game here & there.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Challenging for the league is light years away... Maybe not in our lifetimes.

Top four is easily achievable with this group... Multiple teams in the race are **** & even with the collapse last season just 1 point off. Alot of emphasis put on finishing top four but reality is its not that hard. In recent years all we needed to do was win an away game here & there.

That's the problem...... top four is "easily achievable with this group" because Sp**s and Utd are ****. If they weren't then it wouldn't be easily achievable. If we finish top 4 then we are going to need to spend some money in the next summer transfer window or else we are going to find ourselves falling out of the top 4 very soon. You can't always count on your rivals messing up.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
That's the problem...... top four is "easily achievable with this group" because Sp**s and Utd are ****. If they weren't then it wouldn't be easily achievable. If we finish top 4 then we are going to need to spend some money in the next summer transfer window or else we are going to find ourselves falling out of the top 4 very soon. You can't always count on your rivals messing up.
I cant really think of a good or even solid team missing out on Champions League due to competition. Even the 4th placed team in recent years is dropping points in 15+ games.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
KT hasn't been able to be played so far due to injuries...... and there's no guarantee his injury problems are done with. Luiz we all know is guaranteed to make mistakes and cost us points, so he has always been a desperate better than nothing signing. And we signed Saiba for next season when we needed a good center back this season.

Doesn't matter if I was pleased when we signed Pepe........ I was not that pleased because it is not clear to me why we are spending 70 mil on a winger instead of midfield and defense. And I would rather we have spent that money getting a top class center mid to replace Ramsey.

Pepe, Saliba, Kieran Tierney, Luiz, Martinelli.
Elite window on paper.

Are you really trashing our transfer window 8 PL games into the season?

Kieran Tierny, Martinelly looks elite so far.
Tierny have played: 33, 40, 55, 40 games each season, first being his outbreak season and not injury. Not really that injury prone?

Saliba is getting alot of praise from the games he has played so far. Great centerback most likely gonna get alot of games for st.etienne.

Luiz done some howlers. He could be argued bad, but he is also new and have not really been able to form a partnership.

Pepe obviously not good enough, so far. Could argue he needs to mold with the team though.

So for forwards: Martinelli looking good, saka looking good, Auba elite, Lacazette(under elite, but a great backup IMO), Pepe is early to judge but could very well be elite for us by the end of the season. Nketiah out on loan, could grow alot this season.
Forwards Looking great imo, assuming pepe gets a few goals and confidence plus settles into the squad a bit more.

Midfield. Willock looking great, Guendouzi growing by the minute. Smith-rowe looks a talent, Ceballos bit hit and miss so far imo. Xhaka(not a fan), Torreira(bit hit and miss). Young talents looking great imo, could need better imo.

Defenders:
Tierny looking beast so far(bit early), Kola decent backup. Bellerin coming back and has to compete chambers who has looked good so far.
Sokratis, Mustafi, Holding, Luiz, Mavropanos coming back.
Saliba out on loan getting good minutes. Saliba is very highly rated and will most likely be even better next year.
Decent. Saliba and Tierny looks to be the best best imo. Rest is replaceable.

Goalkeepers: Leno, Martinez.

Both looking good, looks to be good competition imo. Looking very good going forward.

I don't think it is as weak as you say.

Jae

Gonna sound like a broken record but you this goes to show you just can't please some people :lol:

boyinneedofhumor

Players in = players out.

Can't be splashing the cash indiscriminately.

And evaluate the players we have at our disposal first, to mitigate any risk of letting them go casually.

Squillaci

To summarize, nobody thinks we are playing pretty on the eye football, although there are fans who think we play good/effective football.
To be honest we looked really good at times past season, but I believe the reason behind that is that players still had Arsène's mentality in them.
Cannot shake of the feeling it's getting worse as time goes.

We still don't know what kind of football Emery wants to play.
Trying to adapt to every team without any sense of identity.
Got to say, only time I felt like we dominated an opponent this season, was second half against Sp**s.

The fact that we are third doesn't play any major role,as one loss and we could drop 4-5 positions down.
And Man Utd, Sp**s and Chelsea will step up their game as season goes on and especially next season.

I'm fuming every time I see Xhaka in the squad and when I see substitutes Emery is making and at what times he is making them.

I'm afraid this approach will drive away some quality players we have in the team and also players that would like to join.
I'm hoping things will look better with Tierney/Holding/Chambers/Bellerin in the defense, but we all know that team has got to work better as a unit.

Also, I am pessimistic about Monday's game. I hope he will prove me wrong and that we will control the game and we won't let the opponent have as many opportunities.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
We still don't know what kind of football Emery wants to play.
Trying to adapt to every team without any sense of identity.

Is the issue that fans are used to wenger’s philosophy of sticking to our style of play regardless of the opposition?

I think it’s clear that Emery wants to play on the flanks (which will be helped with the return of KY and Bellerin). He wants hard workers. He wants fast counter attacking. He wants to be more solid defensively and able to sit back if the game calls for it. He wants to press the ball high.

Emery has a style, but it isn’t like we are used to. We are used to having a lot of technical play makers and dominating possession. Emery’s style hasn’t gelled how it could on paper, like playing Torreira at CAM or trying to sit deep and counter against Liverpool. This will either work itself out with time, he’ll change his approach, or he’ll be sacked.

Kav

Established Member

Tierney looks like a world beater? looooool. I suggest we slow down on hyping up our own players. He looks promising but he's not shown anything as of yet to suggest that he's even better than Mendy/chillwell,/digne/shaw/ rose/robertson or a number of other prominent left backs. In fact he hasn't shown enough to displace Kola as yet.

Give him time to build himself up before putting so much expectation on the boy. World beater...no. Good potential yes.

Jae

Tierney looks like a world beater? looooool. I suggest we slow down on hyping up our own players. He looks promising but he's not shown anything as of yet to suggest that he's even better than Mendy/chillwell,/digne/shaw/ rose/robertson or a number of other prominent left backs. In fact he hasn't shown enough to displace Kola as yet.

Give him time to build himself up before putting so much expectation on the boy. World beater...no. Good potential yes.

More bollocks from you I see mate. :lol:

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

More bollocks from you I see mate. :lol:

Gotta remember this. Tierney = "Good potential". :lol:

It's a very small sample at Arsenal, but that is a huge understatement.

Only thing keeping him not reaching heights would be injuries in my opinion.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Are you saying he's better than the aforementioned players?

If so in what way?

I know i'm not wrong so let me here your reply.

If you say Tierney is only "Good potential", getting one of biggest transfer fees from a player at Scottish league as a LB, that makes your whole point look very funny.

This guy has been compared to Robertson by many. Has been a captain for Scotland and Celtic at that age.

"Good potential", that's a great joke man!

What was Jenkinson when he signed his big contract? I would say he was "good potential" at most.

Kav

Established Member
We are not discussing his potential here. The statement by jae was that he looks like a world beater. I named a few players in the league that he's not even better than. Just for good measure i even said he has not shown enough to displace kola AS YET.

Nothing i said is inaccurate yet you want to make a point about how i see his potential. That is a subjective analysis. No two persons will have the same perspective. In any case he looks like he has good potential.

He doesn't look any better than clichy was. Was he a good LB, yes. Was he a great one, No.

You are just arguing because you have nothing to say. Thanks for the laugh though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom