• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I'm just saying we part ways with Emery at the end of the season. Don't fire him midway through the campaign.
What possible reason do we have to keep him. We are not even at the halfway point and it is clear as day the atmosphere is worsening each day he is still in charge. Cut the loss now, allow the new man time to adapt and carry on with our lives. What possible reason do we have for this pointless nostalgia for a man who has been here 18 months.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Let me further rephrase that @GoonerJay24 .. If we keep him we stand absolutely nothing to gain.. only more damage, less morale and further damaged confidence of players.
If we get rid we can use what is left of this season to rebuild in such a way that we are ready for the next season and can earnestly persue our goals.

How is this not the most obvious plan of action at this stage???
Even if we have a caretaker/steward for the interim period. We can still rebuild a philosophy, work with players and build a foundation for the next season. Right now we are tearing away every positive aspect we have by keeping this guy.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
6th now and clearly going downhill from last year. We're on a cliff edge too, only 3 points between us and 15th place. Drop down much further we won't even be Europa league.

We were 2nd in 2016 and in the CL regularly and winning FA cups. But the fans kept telling us few Arsène supporters how sh!t that was, and made it impossible for Wenger, the club or the team to operate any further with all their protests.

Any manager could do better than Arsène, right?

Well done lads, hope you're enjoying your football now.

Last edited:

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Actually technically you are simply not renewing if it is at the end of the season..
Not really since he has one more season to go, specially if Ornstein is right about there being no clause in the contract. But even if the reports of the clause in the contract are correct, it's a break clause so we would in essence still be firing him.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Not really since he has one more season to go, specially if Ornstein is right about there being no clause in the contract. But even if the reports of the clause in the contract are correct, it's a break clause so we would in essence still be firing him.
Sorry, was under the impression it was a two year with possibility of extension. Either way, get rid now. As you say, doesn't matter when he is fired. Sooner the better.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Sorry, was under the impression it was a two year with possibility of extension. Either way, get rid now. As you say, doesn't matter when he is fired. Sooner the better.
The weird thing is if Ornstein is right and there is no break clause in his contract then it makes even less sense why the board hasn't already fired him since they would still have to pay him compensation if they let him go. Are they risking a midtable finish just to save on paying compensation for an extra 6 month? It just doesn't make sense.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
6th now and clearly going downhill from last year. We're on a cliff edge too, only 3 points between us and 15th place. Drop down much further we won't even be Europa league.

We were 2nd in 2016 and in the CL regularly and winning FA cups. But the fans kept telling us few Arsène supporters how sh!t that was, and made it impossible for Wenger, the club or the team to operate any further with all their protests.

Just wait until we get the "I hope we drop further because no Europa League will be better! Just for one season, it'll be better for the club" crowd that will eventually show up.

(He still had to go tho)

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Just wait until we get the "I hope we drop further because no Europa League will be better! Just for one season, it'll be better for the club" crowd that will eventually show up.

(He still had to go tho)
Rather not be in Europa League next season so the next bum manager Raul appoints off his contact list doesn't prioritise it over the league like Emery did.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Rather not be in Europa League next season so the next bum manager Raul appoints off his contact list doesn't prioritise it over the league like Emery did.

Nah, the money is still better than not playing it. It's the same with UCL. Remember when we had people saying being in the EL would be better because we could actually go far in the competition?

Fun times.

GoonerJay24

So fire him after finishing mid table & making every good player unhappy?

If the players work hard enough, we should finish nowhere near mid-table.

Fans and football people nowadays tend to blame coaches for bad spells; what about the players? I have seen numerous instances throughout the years where players in a team stepped up even when the coaches quality was insufficient.

Of course if our form continues to drop through Christmas that sees and issues off the pitch remain then the board need to make the right decision.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Of course if our form continues to drop through Christmas that sees and issues off the pitch remain then the board need to make the right decision.
Or they could use their brains and see what is happening right in front of their eyes right now on the pitch every time we play and anyone with any sense and any understanding of this sport can see that PEA, Pepe, Özil and even Xhaka are MUCH better than this and the system is categorically failing the team. FFS

GoonerJay24

What possible reason do we have to keep him. We are not even at the halfway point and it is clear as day the atmosphere is worsening each day he is still in charge. Cut the loss now, allow the new man time to adapt and carry on with our lives. What possible reason do we have for this pointless nostalgia for a man who has been here 18 months.

True, and I hate seeing it mate.

But just like during Wengers last few seasons, supporters, particularly at home matches, are not helping to improve the current atmosphere which obviously affects the players.

We are 6th not 16th, multiple things can change in football within a matter of weeks. I want to support a club who gets behind its employees during the difficult periods in a season. Rather than Chelsea's approach for example.

That's just my personal view, I understand the frustration towards Emery at present completely.

GoonerJay24

Or they could use their brains and see what is happening right in front of their eyes right now on the pitch every time we play and anyone with any sense and any understanding of this sport can see that PEA, Pepe, Özil and even Xhaka are MUCH better than this and the system is categorically failing the team. FFS

So who would you bring in right now to replace Emery?

Is that manager capable of joining the biggest club in the world's greatest city midway through a season to coach key principles, communicate his philosophy and maintain club values like giving young players game experience?

We're having problems right now but with Wenger as coach for 20 - 21 years, the club are still in transition. Times are tough but let's not lose perspective, we are 5th in the table during transitional stage not 15th.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
@GoonerJay24 let's look at it the other way. What possible benefit is there from keeping Emery at the moment?
Does he have a clear style we can see?
You claim the players are the problem yet PEA was the golden boot winner last season and we currently have a -1GD. Are you seriously pointing fingers at our strikers for our current GD?
We've conceded more opportunities to opposition attackers than any other team in the top half. Are you suggesting our players have forgotten how to play and this is all their fault? And if you have answered yes to either of the above why on earth don't you believe it is the manager's job to fix it?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

That's not actually true. Fans turned against Wenger because of the performances. You make it sound like all was hunky dory and suddenly the fans turned against him. Don't forget the strange subs he made as well, the fans were right to want a change, the fact we ended up with Emery is a different story!

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
True, and I hate seeing it mate.

But just like during Wengers last few seasons, supporters, particularly at home matches, are not helping to improve the current atmosphere which obviously affects the players.

We are 6th not 16th, multiple things can change in football within a matter of weeks. I want to support a club who gets behind its employees during the difficult periods in a season. Rather than Chelsea's approach for example.

That's just my personal view, I understand the frustration towards Emery at present completely.
We're 3 points above 15th place ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom