• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
We're 3 points above 15th place ffs
41d1db7bce1b9487e2aac82fa5f51a47.gif

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
That's not actually true. Fans turned against Wenger because of the performances. You make it sound like all was hunky dory and suddenly the fans turned against him. Don't forget the strange subs he made as well, the fans were right to want a change, the fact we ended up with Emery is a different story!
For me the real difference in the quality of these two men can be felt after a down period. With Wenger's teams I always felt like we would bounce back after a bad period. With Emery I have absolutely no faith that will happen. I expect the worst with each game. While I doubted Wenger towards the end I never doubted his team's coming back and playing good football at some stage. Emery has made me accept the fact that we will not see good football from Arsenal as long as he is there.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
****, Ornstein dropping more clangers in his Q&A.

Q: Hi David,
Do you think that even though Arsenal have come out in defence of Emery that they have reached out to potential other managers and maybe they are just biding their time? Also how active do you think Arsenal will be in the January window?

A: Hi Danny, Arsenal completely reject suggestions they are looking at potential replacements for Emery. Whether or not that's true, they can't say anything else. All clubs are constantly looking at players and players and managers in preparation for needing to make a move at some point - this is standard - so internal conversations are possible (I'm not saying I know they're happening, I don't) and there's a good chance this wouldn't come out. But if Arsenal were actively talking to potential replacements or their people/intermediaries, I do think this would come out because people talk and nothing has come out yet apart from the Mourinho reports, which I suspect were driven from his end to alert clubs to his availability. As for January, it's probably still a bit early to say and a lot can change before then. I know the plan was not to use January unless absolutely necessary - Raul Sanllehi has publicly stated he much prefers the summer window - and so far I haven't heard of a shift in that approach, but hopefully we'll know more in the coming weeks.

Q: Reading in this morning papers about Emery's month to save his job. Feels more like papers making stories to sell rather than anything coming from the club. Any word on this?
A: I would never doubt their sourcing, Tom, but personally I don't know of there being a set time or number of games. To many of us, that period might look logical because of the opponents and possibility of picking up win, but it can't be that simplistic. We know the club are behind Emery but we don't know what it would take to change that. Anything other than victory over Southampton would feel grim, but there are so many factors to these situations (dressing room, circumstances, contracts, project etc etc) that it's impossible for us to know for certain what will happen.

We're stuck with him until summer

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
That's not actually true. Fans turned against Wenger because of the performances. You make it sound like all was hunky dory and suddenly the fans turned against him. Don't forget the strange subs he made as well, the fans were right to want a change, the fact we ended up with Emery is a different story!
Yeah, all part of narrative for the gullible. ;)

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
****, Ornstein dropping more clangers in his Q&A.

Q: Hi David,
Do you think that even though Arsenal have come out in defence of Emery that they have reached out to potential other managers and maybe they are just biding their time? Also how active do you think Arsenal will be in the January window?

A: Hi Danny, Arsenal completely reject suggestions they are looking at potential replacements for Emery. Whether or not that's true, they can't say anything else. All clubs are constantly looking at players and players and managers in preparation for needing to make a move at some point - this is standard - so internal conversations are possible (I'm not saying I know they're happening, I don't) and there's a good chance this wouldn't come out. But if Arsenal were actively talking to potential replacements or their people/intermediaries, I do think this would come out because people talk and nothing has come out yet apart from the Mourinho reports, which I suspect were driven from his end to alert clubs to his availability. As for January, it's probably still a bit early to say and a lot can change before then. I know the plan was not to use January unless absolutely necessary - Raul Sanllehi has publicly stated he much prefers the summer window - and so far I haven't heard of a shift in that approach, but hopefully we'll know more in the coming weeks.

Q: Reading in this morning papers about Emery's month to save his job. Feels more like papers making stories to sell rather than anything coming from the club. Any word on this?
A: I would never doubt their sourcing, Tom, but personally I don't know of there being a set time or number of games. To many of us, that period might look logical because of the opponents and possibility of picking up win, but it can't be that simplistic. We know the club are behind Emery but we don't know what it would take to change that. Anything other than victory over Southampton would feel grim, but there are so many factors to these situations (dressing room, circumstances, contracts, project etc etc) that it's impossible for us to know for certain what will happen.

We're stuck with him until summer

When i read that Q&A it seems like Ornstein, like several members at this place, was seduced by Josh Kroenke during the summer.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Nah, the money is still better than not playing it. It's the same with UCL. Remember when we had people saying being in the EL would be better because we could actually go far in the competition?

Fun times.
People who were saying that were just having a pop at Wenger tbh. It used to be a common mantra among football fans and one I agree with that having one game a week is much more helpful for a league campaign than wasting energy traveling to some farmland on the periphery of Europe/Asia.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I don't think Wenger ever lost the trust of the players, or that they ever downed tools under him

Bob Carolgees

Both myself and most people do not expect Emery to have Klopps impact.

I'm just saying we part ways with Emery at the end of the season. Don't fire him midway through the campaign.
This ^^^

Stick with Emery. If we get 4th then give him another year rolling contract.

No point sacking him now who replaces him? No one wants Mourinho. Wenger would be disastrous after we all hounded him out in the first place. Appointing an ex player would just be for sentimental value - they’re not going to turn Mustafi and the like into good players all of a sudden.

we wait it out. If Emery can’t get us in a better position then we go for Chris Wilder in the summer but we have to back him.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Wenger was too busy getting beat in the UCL you mean?

He never won a European trophy. Emery has on several occasions. Facts.

That most of the EL winners have been CL drop downs is a bit telling, though. That competition gifted Sarri and his dysfunctional Chelsea a trophy. Benitez casually took one home as a caretaker. Wenger would've gotten it at first attempt if not for the clearly stronger and more cohesive Atletico side. If you don't have to play proper CL teams which botched their CL groups for whatever reasons, it's honestly just a bland competition.

Bob Carolgees

That most of the EL winners have been CL drop downs is a bit telling, though. That competition gifted Sarri and his dysfunctional Chelsea a trophy. Benitez casually took one home as a caretaker. Wenger would've gotten it at first attempt if not for the clearly stronger and more cohesive Atletico side. If you don't have to play proper CL teams which botched their CL groups for whatever reasons, it's honestly just a bland competition.
I’d kill for us to win the Europa League. You can scoff at it all you like, we’re not a UCL team and haven’t been for ages.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Wenger was too busy getting beat in the UCL you mean?

He never won a European trophy. Emery has on several occasions. Facts.
Wenger went to the UCL final, Emery blew a 4-0 lead with PSG in UCL, It's basically his story, gets stomped by any & every good team while winning a competition Wenger barely managed due to being too good. Being in the 2nd round of UCL is more prestigious than winning that thursday night clown show called the Europa league. Every big team used to think it to be a waste of time

Also Emery somehow didn't win with PSG in a farmers league. Wenger went unbeaten in the most competitive league in the world.

& there goes your childish facts. Go & compare Emery with Wenger in other forums if you like, even they would laugh at you. Wenger is an all time great, Emery is just some mid table crap

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I’d kill for us to win the Europa League. You can scoff at it all you like, we’re not a UCL team and haven’t been for ages.

I wouldn't scoff at actually winning that trophy, I just refrain from overhyping the competition for the sake of defending or attacking a manager. It's just that the gap between proper CL teams and even good EL teams is too big.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I wouldn't scoff at actually winning that trophy, I just refrain from overhyping the competition for the sake of defending or attacking a manager. It's just that the gap between proper CL teams and even good EL teams is too big.

It's pretty much like the Championship and the Premier League. Sure, being relagated or at the bottom at the table sucks, but the gap in pay and quality between both is so huge that it make's it worth it doing all you can to remain in the PL.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Ornstein is sounding like politician while answering those questions. Another useless Q&A from him. Wasted everybody's time.

Mmm it's pretty pointless looking to him for anything positive from our point of view as he is just writing what they tell him. Only the 'executive committee' can possibly know when Emery will get fired and they won't say anything but positive words about Emery irrespective of what they think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom