• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
How so? Playing Özil to "look bad", AMN having to see a psychologist because Emery played him in defence despite Wenger doing the same? If people put their hatred of Emery aside, it sounds ridiculous.

As we don't know exactly what is going on inside the club, we can never be sure what we are being told is true or false. The best course is to stay open minded until something has been confirmed by several reliable sources.

It is strange (surely no coincidence) when an article appears making about a dozen claims and almost all of those are exactly what people wanted to hear.

I was half expecting to read that the club/Raul/Emery organised the knife attack on Özil at the end.

Reactions: A_G

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Short term, yes, but long term the damage is done, he’s proven to be abit of a bum and nothing will change that now.

Still kinda disappointed we don’t have a new manager for tomorrow, really disappointed in the board atm.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Still kinda disappointed we don’t have a new manager for tomorrow, really disappointed in the board atm.
No point changing manager where there is no improvement available.

Allegri is taking a break and we didn’t want Jose.

Riou

No point changing manager where there is no improvement available.

Allegri is taking a break and we didn’t want Jose.

35ce70a74e665044ce84f77e750f0da5.jpg

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Always thought that Özil would outstay Emery at Arsenal but I‘m not so sure anymore. A close top 4 run and he gets a new contract from Don Raul.

Time to back him up.

bandaid

Always thought that Özil would outstay Emery at Arsenal but I‘m not so sure anymore. A close top 4 run and he gets a new contract from Don Raul.

Time to back him up.

Raul and Emery and Kroenke - its a perfect storm. They let Ramsey walk. We cant watch him play for us anymore. He was ours. This is a whole new Arsenal.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
How so? Playing Özil to "look bad", AMN having to see a psychologist because Emery played him in defence despite Wenger doing the same? If people put their hatred of Emery aside, it sounds ridiculous.

People just beliving some random twitter account fan fiction. I swear I’m gonna start writing my own.

BigPoppaPump

This really.

Also I will never buy the story that the club/Raul forced Ramsey out...you can’t “force” someone out of a team, only for that person to go to a better team :lol:

I believe Juventus were in Ramsey’s ear for a while, telling him to run down his contract so they could get him on a free for big wages...and I don’t blame Aaron for leaving, Juventus in 2019 are a step up from Arsenal in 2019.

That being said, the board’s decisions recently have been ****ing stupid!

Thank you! Anyone with common sense could tell this. But then they’ll say some nonsense like ‘Orstein said there was an offer for Ramsey’ yeah that Ramsey never signed because he was tryna get tf out.

BigPoppaPump

They took the contract off the table, so he was forced out.

They were negotiating for months and Ramsey never signed the contract offered. How many times have we seen this happen at Arsenal before but now all of a sudden it’s Emery’s fault?

Who cares anyone Ramsey has barely played for Juve this whole season.

Riou

Thank you! Anyone with common sense could tell this. But then they’ll say some nonsense like ‘Orstein said there was an offer for Ramsey’ yeah that Ramsey never signed because he was tryna get tf out.

It’s kind of like if we lose today, then I badly hit my toe on a door I left open in my house...if I then say “Damnit, if only Emery/Raul had not made Arsenal lose today, then I clearly would have closed the door if they won and not be in pain right now!” ...not all bad things that happen to the club are their fault, only most are ;)

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Have to come here to vent again. I have been reading about Emery on and off now since he became our coach. Before he arrived I honestly did not know much about him. At first I felt there were some improvements as we seemed harder to break down and we played better against top 6 opposition. At the end of last season everything started to come apart though. Since then everything from team selection, to tactics, to man management has been very shoddy. I honestly cannot see any reason to defend him or hope for improvements.

I know a lot of forum members think his treatment of Özil and Xhaka is bad in various ways, but to me what stands out is his usage and handling of Torreira. A up and coming talented young defensive midfielder. How he puts him to play in a position where he really struggles and then as his form and confidence dips say he needs to improve and learn, but that he also has a great future with the club. It’s like he is playing some reverse sick mind game to get players to play worse. I cannot for the life of me understand why he is doing what he is doing. I can see his reasoning behind his usage of Torreira but it is just plain wrong and the odds for them improving our side and the player are minuscule at best.

The same goes for many of his tactical decisions and substitutions during games. Think we all can see what he is trying to do, but given that the results are poor and he is being second guessed by almost everyone I don’t understand why he keeps at it? It is beyond me that he is allowed to keep at it.

Finally, and I so hope I am wrong, I think we are stuck with him, at least until end of season, and I refuse to hope for poor results to get him fired earlier. It’s just very frustrating and on top of it ****ing Tottenham and Mourinho are winning against West Ham. ****ing depressing!!!

Please let us win today dear Lord! I cannot take much more of this ****!!!

:(

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

So his latest comments basically state that Torreira isn't good enough to play from the backs build up play is very important for us.

Funny that, seeing as we have no press resistant midfielders who can turn on the ball.
The correct coaching decision would be to play the player where he can be effective and wait to implement a tactic that our players are not suited for. In subsequent transfer windows then buy players or use academy players that are suited to that system and then implement it.

Instead he tries to implement a system we struggle playing, play the players in wrong positions, get poor results and .... what? I just do not understand how a professional coach can be allowed to continue in this way? It’s like results and player development do not matter. Why matters is playing some way and over time hope things slowly but steadily improves. It’s as if implementing a way of playing and a system requires years and years of implementation to work. It’s been 18 months now and we look worse and worse.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
The irony of saying that we want to build from the back and having 0 control in midfield with or without Xhaka...

If there were more Wenger players in this team I'd love for someone to pull a Thiago Silva and have players ignore Binnery and play Wenger ball.

Defensively the difference would be zero, but offensively we could go back to being interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom