• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Too many FM wannabes on this forum buddy and a few too many mega fans who are overly attached to particular players and will say anything in their defence.
I guess it’s fun to pretend that you might know more than an experienced professional manager surviving for years in a cut throat, results based, highly paid industry where most fail miserably in just a few months.

Like leaving the bathroom door ajar so your partner can hear you singing in the shower while you imagine you’re better than Freddie Mercury singing Bohemian Rhapsody.

blaze_of_glory

Let's not pretend most of the controversial decisions Emery made over the past two months actually paid off. Its not like they proved anyone wrong. People were frustrated because while we've put together some good runs and good results this season, he's done things that have resulted in us dropping easy points (breaking up Xhaka/Torreira being the most notable and infuriating).

Bar games against utter tripe like Fulham and Burnely (the latter who we still struggled to beat), the entire six weeks or so between Sp**s and yesterday were a disaster, and much of that could have been avoided by just sticking with what had worked up until that point, even accounting for injuries. Hence the frustration. Then he plays a lineup close to what most critics have been asking for and lo and behold we play well and win. And somehow that vindicates everything that came before? Kind of the opposite I think.

Well, we played very well for a half and then hung on for dear life with no attacking outlet despite Chelsea themselves barely having any actual threat.

Still, only about halfway through the season, so hopefully he's figured it out now and we can push on from here. He has the ability to get the team firing and motivated, he's clearly good at that. But he needs to restrain what appears to be his instinct to constantly tinker around with things. If something is working, just leave it alone.

I think I answered that, a lot of posters criticise something about the team nearly every week. If we win they say nothing more.

Nobody is going to be angry if we win against Chelsea. But the criticism is still there. We have lacked consistency since our unbeaten run and the first to agree on that is Emery.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
I haven't been active on here for a while, and I haven't been watching all the games in the meantime either. Nevertheless, I will agree with some of the sentiment: Emery's insistence with the back 3 beyond the Sp**s game (because against Sp**s it was exactly what was needed) was very problematic and of course it backfired. It just makes no sense to play that formation against weak opposition in the PL. Anyway, that wasn't the only problem during that time, the motivation seemed to stop working, the man-management felt weaker, our luck and form became worse... But we need to be calm, guys. Sarri looked like he was gonna take the league by storm at some point and look at him now, with a stronger squad and more funds at his disposal than Emery too.

One thing we didn't like with Wenger is that he seemed to get worse compared to the standards he set himself. If the second half of the season, or the second season, are worse than the respective first ones for Emery, then we can go "Wenger wasn't worse at all." Right now it's all a bit premature - and I really still think, despite that horrible patch of form, that we've improved as a team, I feel like the league is overall stronger than last season and Emery is still doing somewhat better than Wenger. Let's also look at our cup runs because Emery is a cup manager and, even though I don't get all excited about this just yet, he might have a couple of surprises for us during the spring.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Nobody is going to be angry if we win against Chelsea. But the criticism is still there. We have lacked consistency since our unbeaten run and the first to agree on that is Emery.
I thought a 20 game unbeaten run was consistency and then all those injuries to the defenders brought a change.

I thought a 20 game unbeaten run was consistency and then all those injuries to the defenders brought a change.

Only resulting wise mate, which is of course a good thing. But tactically we struggled in many of those games and Emery constantly changed tactics. We have struggled whole season to be consistent tactically but tbf to Emery when he gets it right it does look good. But we need more of it.

Tom349

I haven't been active on here for a while, and I haven't been watching all the games in the meantime either. Nevertheless, I will agree with some of the sentiment: Emery's insistence with the back 3 beyond the Sp**s game (because against Sp**s it was exactly what was needed) was very problematic and of course it backfired. It just makes no sense to play that formation against weak opposition in the PL. Anyway, that wasn't the only problem during that time, the motivation seemed to stop working, the man-management felt weaker, our luck and form became worse... But we need to be calm, guys. Sarri looked like he was gonna take the league by storm at some point and look at him now, with a stronger squad and more funds at his disposal than Emery too.

One thing we didn't like with Wenger is that he seemed to get worse compared to the standards he set himself. If the second half of the season, or the second season, are worse than the respective first ones for Emery, then we can go "Wenger wasn't worse at all." Right now it's all a bit premature - and I really still think, despite that horrible patch of form, that we've improved as a team, I feel like the league is overall stronger than last season and Emery is still doing somewhat better than Wenger. Let's also look at our cup runs because Emery is a cup manager and, even though I don't get all excited about this just yet, he might have a couple of surprises for us during the spring.

It was 2-2 vs Sp**s with three at the back then Mustafi come off for Guendouzi and the game finished 4-2. Not sure why this gave Emery hope that 3 at the back was the way forward.

Also I don't buy that Chelsea have a stronger squad. It is bog ordinary and if Hazard doesn't turn up or is taken out of the game they can't score or create. We have a far better squad as far as Im concerned. In the last two seasons they have downgraded Courtious for Kepa, Cesc for Jorginho and Costa for Morata. The latter two are considerable downgrades and thats with the likes of Pedro, Giroud and Willian falling off now that they're into their 30's.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Our biggest struggle this season has been injuries and big ones too. With Bellerin, Holding and Welbeck out that's two potential starters and a solid squad player down. I personally think Emery is doing quite well. The 20 game unbeaten run was very solid. We are not playing the most fantastic football but a new more solid Arsenal is emerging as we watch.

Some are bringing up PSG as a failure for Emery, which might be right, but we all learn more from failures so that might not be a bad thing for us.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Our biggest struggle this season has been injuries and big ones too. With Bellerin, Holding and Welbeck out that's two potential starters and a solid squad player down. I personally think Emery is doing quite well. The 20 game unbeaten run was very solid. We are not playing the most fantastic football but a new more solid Arsenal is emerging as we watch.

Some are bringing up PSG as a failure for Emery, which might be right, but we all learn more from failures so that might not be a bad thing for us.
Imagine that hey Traxxy... Injuries prohibiting our season's performance. Not like Wenger had to deal with constant injuries ey:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom