• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keplaz

I get that people are frustrated with Emery right now, however I think people need to look at things in context and with the right perspective.

The injury crisis we have at the moment is crippling. The contracts weren't handled well at board level, and some of the players we have aren't good enough.

People blame Emery for the Ramsey situation but this isn't his making. His contract should've been renewed way before his last year. Emery mentioned at the very beginning he saw Ramsey as a key player but the contract remained unsigned.

Ramsey was never going to stay. People will say Arsenal pulled the plug on the offer but when you look at what he did sign, we were never in the running. You can't pull a supermodel whilst working at McDonald's.

Emery has to try and plan without Ramsey and it's understandable he doesn't always play him. Özil isn't an Emery issue. Even Arsène struggled to get the best out of him. He also doesn't play as the manager would like. He has to adapt his game to remain relevant.

Emery doesn't trust him and when you look at our team right now, the manager needs players who will fight for the team. He's also been ill and injured so many times it's hard to build momentum.

There's also a power struggle above Emery level regarding the wages. The new regime are trying to undo the mistakes of the past. And Emery can't be blamed for that.

The team was working well together before the injuries hit. The manager had to abandon his plans to try and survive. Apart from some of our best players, our team is very mediocre right now and needs a new identity.

The team Emery inherited needs a lot of work. He has made some questionable decisions. Absolutely but he deserves to be judged by the team he builds himself. And not by what was left for him.

PSG is a poisoned chalice. I don't think they'll win the Champions League this year and if they don't win it next year, Tuchel will be gone. It must've been hard for Emery to know that he was dispensable and certain players were not. That limits your authority straight away.

Emery deserves time and financial backing before he can be classed with Moyes. He didn't takeover a title winning team. He got a team which finished outside the top four and couldn't win away from home.

MustOezil

I get that people are frustrated with Emery right now, however I think people need to look at things in context and with the right perspective.

The injury crisis we have at the moment is crippling. The contracts weren't handled well at board level, and some of the players we have aren't good enough.

People blame Emery for the Ramsey situation but this isn't his making. His contract should've been renewed way before his last year. Emery mentioned at the very beginning he saw Ramsey as a key player but the contract remained unsigned.

Ramsey was never going to stay. People will say Arsenal pulled the plug on the offer but when you look at what he did sign, we were never in the running. You can't pull a supermodel whilst working at McDonald's.

Emery has to try and plan without Ramsey and it's understandable he doesn't always play him. Özil isn't an Emery issue. Even Arséne struggled to get the best out of him. He also doesn't play as the manager would like. He has to adapt his game to remain relevant.

Emery doesn't trust him and when you look at our team right now, the manager needs players who will fight for the team. He's also been ill and injured so many times it's hard to build momentum.

There's also a power struggle above Emery level regarding the wages. The new regime are trying to undo the mistakes of the past. And Emery can't be blamed for that.

The team was working well together before the injuries hit. The manager had to abandon his plans to try and survive. Apart from some of our best players, our team is very mediocre right now and needs a new identity.

The team Emery inherited needs a lot of work. He has made some questionable decisions. Absolutely but he deserves to be judged by the team he builds himself. And not by what was left for him.

PSG is a poisoned chalice. I don't think they'll win the Champions League this year and if they don't win it next year, Tuchel will be gone. It must've been hard for Emery to know that he was dispensable and certain players were not. That limits your authority straight away.

Emery deserves time and financial backing before he can be classed with Moyes. He didn't takeover a title winning team. He got a team which finished outside the top four and couldn't win away from home.

Lost me at the Özil bit. Complete nonsense.

You can't excuse Emery for everything that isn't going well because of the transition. Are the subs against Brighton, or a host of abysmal performances, where he plays with 7 defensive players against relegation sides also the fault of the old regime?

He's a mediocre coach and it's quite plain for many of us. Just because you disagree doesnt mean we havent considered things in context. 1. Every team struggles with injuries, Emery is no special case. 2. If Emery has Ramsey this year who he states he sees as key, he should use him to get into top four, right? 3. If the wages issues are nor Emerys problem, he should be able to stand up to the board and say no to ostracizing Özil. This is spinelessness and poor man management. After having Arsène at helm, this coward is a disgrace.

Emery does not deserve time nor money to build. He's done nothing to earn it, does not have the pedigree to demand it, and we do not have the resources to be patient with him.

Last edited:

Our identity under Wenger wasn’t the same as what it was under George Graham. Point being, clubs very rarely have a footballing “identity”, it’s the manager that defines it. If you think that because we played attractive football under Wenger for most of his 22 year reign we should carry that forward into the future then you’re being unrealistic. Managers will come and go and they’ll bring their own philosophy.
Haven't Barca retained their tiki taka or at least something that resembles the style across the reign of three managers now? Look, all I am saying is we should recruit a manager whose style of play goes in line with the Arsenal way, or at least improves it. I can tell you for sure that most Non- English Arsenal supporters became Arsenal fans for this reason and those are fans Arsenal should keep in their bid of improving their international brand.
I for one think we took too long to switch managers. I really wanted Kloop when he was still in BvB because I felt his brand of football then was an improved version of ours.

Keplaz

You can't excuse Emery for everything that isn't going well because of the transition. Are the subs against Brighton, or a host of abysmal performances, where he plays with 7 defensive players against relegation sides also the fault of the old regime?

He's a mediocre coach and it's quite plain for many of us. Just because you disagree doesnt mean we havent considered things in context. 1. Every team struggles with injuries, Emery is no special case. 2. If Emery has Ramsey this year who he states he sees as key, he should use him to get into top four, right? 3. If the wages issues are nor Emerys problem, he should be able to stand up to the board and say no to ostracizing Özil. This is spinelessness and poor man management. After having Arséne at helm, this coward is a disgrace.

Emery does not deserve time nor money to build. He's done nothing to earn it, does not have the pedigree to demand it, and we do not have the resources to be patient with him.

Everything I said was prefaced "I think" meaning that's my opinion. I feel like you're expecting a miracle worker without being realistic about our position.
1) Every team does struggle with injuries, however if you don't have the depth to deal with them, it will affect you more. You also have to look at who's injured and how long they're out for. I think it's naive to just say "every team struggles with injuries". The players we're are missing were key to how Emery wants us to play.

2) I understand Ramsey should've played more but if he doesn't fit into how the manager wants the team to play, and is leaving the team, it's understandable the manager is trying to find a more long term solution. It's not like Ramsey has made himself undroppable.

3) I feel there's more going on with Özil than anyone knows. Özil is our most creative player and needs to find a way back into the team. However, from what I've read Emery hasn't frozen him out. I honestly think it's a difference in styles amidst the politics of contracts. If Özil completely fit with what the manager is trying to do, he'd play more.

Emery didn't take over a winning team. Wenger's last days weren't great and the team he left isn't fantastic. Özil still missed a lot of games and didn't always perform when picked, even then.

On his day Özil is unplayable and brings creativity we are lacking but he hasn't shown this in s very long time and only in bursts even when Arsène was boss. I feel he's become some sort of Messiah because he hasn't been playing and people romanticise his impact.

And Emery has pedigree. He's won things in two countries. Punched above his weight with a mediocre squad and did well in difficult conditions at PSG. I'm not saying he's perfect but he isn't as poor as has been made out

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

He's a mediocre coach and it's quite plain for many of us. Just because you disagree doesnt mean we havent considered things in context. 1. Every team struggles with injuries, Emery is no special case. 2. If Emery has Ramsey this year who he states he sees as key, he should use him to get into top four, right? 3. If the wages issues are nor Emerys problem, he should be able to stand up to the board and say no to ostracizing Özil. This is spinelessness and poor man management. After having Arséne at helm, this coward is a disgrace.

Can't wait for Özil to leave so he can take all his fanboys with him.

progman07

Established Member
Özil isn't an Emery issue. Even Arséne struggled to get the best out of him. He also doesn't play as the manager would like. He has to adapt his game to remain relevant.

Ill and injuried? Do we believe that honestly? How does the manager expect Özil to play? Like Iwobi does? Is that the benchmark now? Can Elnenny execute Emery's decisions better than Özil, because he regularly makes the bench while Özil doesn't.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We are still in a fight for the top four people. Yes we do not look good at all right now, but we remain in with a fight to get back into the Champions League.

I may not be completely happy with Emery at the moment, but I am willing to financially back him for a second season and let him have a crack in the Champions League. One thing is for sure, and that is he is an analyst who has us preparing for each game. It may not look like much now, but Im keen to see how we look when he has the resources at his disposal.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
We are still in a fight for the top four people. Yes we do not look good at all right now, but we remain in with a fight to get back into the Champions League.

I may not be completely happy with Emery at the moment, but I am willing to financially back him for a second season and let him have a crack in the Champions League. One thing is for sure, and that is he is an analyst who has us preparing for each game. It may not look like much now, but Im keen to see how we look when he has the resources at his disposal.
'a crack in the Champions League'? With our defence and meagre budget to improve it? I don't think so

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

Based on what we are seeing, I would put my money on Man United to finish 4th.
You are not happy with Emery but you are willing to back him up with 100m or so? I hope you are not working for my pension investment fond.
I would be more happy to see any sort of results first before giving him big transfer budget. The logic behind your comment and many people here doesn't make any sense to me, if you guys are not happy with type of football he brings, if he doesn't deliver results or he has issues with players already than what's the argument for giving him budget for the summer? He may bring Blind, Rojo and Fellaini over the summer and after he fails you are still stuck with his players just as we are now with Mustafi, Mkhitaryan, Xhaka and Elneny

SA Gunner

'a crack in the Champions League'? With our defence and meagre budget to improve it? I don't think so

The specifics here is with the word "in". I think Emery should be given a second season if he qualifies for the CL next year. He can then spend money on players he needs.

There is one caveat that I did not mention in my previous response, and that is us looking to incorporate good players and play our best players. This Özil situation cannot continue as is.

SA Gunner

Based on what we are seeing, I would put my money on Man United to finish 4th.
You are not happy with Emery but you are willing to back him up with 100m or so? I hope you are not working for my pension investment fond.
I would be more happy to see any sort of results first before giving him big transfer budget. The logic behind your comment and many people here doesn't make any sense to me, if you guys are not happy with type of football he brings, if he doesn't deliver results or he has issues with players already than what's the argument for giving him budget for the summer? He may bring Blind, Rojo and Fellaini over the summer and after he fails you are still stuck with his players just as we are now with Mustafi, Mkhitaryan, Xhaka and Elneny

Look, its important that we stick to the values now ingrained in this club. Arsène Wenger has helped us build an identity of high quality attacking football which incorporates technically minded players at the club.

If Emery gets us into the CL again then he has made the bare minimum. Thereafter it would be his responsibility to build a team in line with our style, maintain our return to Europe's biggest table and ensure that we remain true to our values as a club.

And that needs the 100m you mention. He cannot expect to deliver what we want by spending peanuts.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The Europa League is weaker this year without Dortmund, Milan, Atletico and Marseille. Chelsea and Inter are our only worries.

There’s a good chance of getting CL football if we can get over this Özil debacle.

One thing’s for sure, the whole club needs to be united and pulling together if you want to achieve anything in this cut-throat business.

Once there’s a rift in the dressing room it can fall around you like a pack of cards. As Mourinho found out at Chelsea and United.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
The worst thing is Xhaka's biggest supporters hating on Torreira and Guendouzi.

Who's done that other than me?

Torreira has been trash for almost 3 months and made several mistakes leading to goals yet nothing on his thread.

However when Xhaka makes a mistske you can bet your house that greasy nonces like @Jae will camp it for weeks.

Besides you've given Guendouzi stick yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom