• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
After the Özil article, which received equal measure of critics and support, the last two pieces by arseblog hint for a change of tune in his view toward Emery.

https://arseblog.com/2019/02/managers-come-managers-go-so-do-head-coaches/
https://arseblog.com/2019/02/the-continuation/
He write very well.

I think when people get over the issues with Özil, he will finally be analyzed for his results on the pitch.

Right now, it is very easy to call anyone who criticizes Emery as Pro-Özil and shut him up.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
If Hector was so important why didn't we get a good paced average defending RB in? Either as backup pre injury or to start post injury.

Sounds just like excuses when we go for another flaky outside CAM...
Cedric Soares was loaned in Jan, Victor Moses was loaned in Jan & sure you can get that Brazilian kid we are always linked with on loan now buy later.

I didn't see one RB even linked.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Hypothetically if the team goes out to BATE but gets top 4, does Emery keep his job?
Oh absolutely. I'm just making that comment because we're looking really quite **** in general, and I'd be very surprised if we pip United to 4th with the way this sickening Ole-fest is persisting.

Reactions: A_G

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Hypothetically if the team goes out to BATE but gets top 4, does Emery keep his job?
He’s on a bit of knife edge, I think. A combination of finishing 6th, getting knocked out of all cups and a bust up in dressing room might see him off.

But I think he deserves a chance. Playing Özil would be a big start. It’s not as if Emery’s smashing it without him.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You'd have to fear for Emery's Arsenal future if we don't get through.
Not really. Any manager needs to be given more than a season unless you’re an oil club.

I’m 100% absolutely bored watching this team, it’s more terrible than at any time under Wenger, no spark, no excitement, no sexy football etc. We barely create chances, go 45 minutes without a shot on target, conceding more than ever despite a new improved spine in the team etc.

But all that said, any manager needs more than 12 months to implement their print on the team. He has a 2 year deal? I’ll give him next season, and then look to bring in Arteta, or Tuchel if PSG want to change.

pikey2000

The thing is we aren't a money club, so whomever we replace him with would need to be able to do better with the same/similar squad and the financial constraints we have and I don't see many managers that I would be 99% confident could deliver that.

The club is very much in transition, top to bottom, we have key players leaving, key players not playing, massive amounts of wages tied up, key staff leaving (Mislintat), and still have quite a few dross players to shift, it is in my opinion too much to expect Emery to deliver 4th under those circumstances.

If we are still like this end of next season when Ramsey has gone, Welbeck has gone, the Özil situation is hopefully sorted, and we have had 2 windows to get rid of some of the dross and get some more "Emery" style recruits through the door, then ill be getting on board the "this isn't good enough" train.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
But all that said, any manager needs more than 12 months to implement their print on the team. He has a 2 year deal? I’ll give him next season, and then look to bring in Arteta, or Tuchel if PSG want to change.
Honestly, this. How we've missed you!
Except thew Arteta bit:lol:

Two things that are vital for me when we go into next season.

1. Stop starting Mustafi!

2. I want to see Emery grow as manager with us!

About the second point it is probably as vital as the the first point. Emery is a manager who has immense experience already at such young age as a manager. But he also has a lot of room to grow, improve and become even better manager! I want to see him move away from that was save and what he trusted at Sevilla and grow to become manager that can win league titles at constant basis!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom