• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Not really. Any manager needs to be given more than a season unless you’re an oil club.

I’m 100% absolutely bored watching this team, it’s more terrible than at any time under Wenger, no spark, no excitement, no sexy football etc. We barely create chances, go 45 minutes without a shot on target, conceding more than ever despite a new improved spine in the team etc.

But all that said, any manager needs more than 12 months to implement their print on the team. He has a 2 year deal? I’ll give him next season, and then look to bring in Arteta, or Tuchel if PSG want to change.
I mostly agree with you, but I would certainly not be impressed if we couldn't even get past ****ing BATE in the round of 32!

Anyway, I'm not saying that I would bin him, I'm saying that the hierarchy might.

MustOezil

Not really. Any manager needs to be given more than a season unless you’re an oil club.

I’m 100% absolutely bored watching this team, it’s more terrible than at any time under Wenger, no spark, no excitement, no sexy football etc. We barely create chances, go 45 minutes without a shot on target, conceding more than ever despite a new improved spine in the team etc.

But all that said, any manager needs more than 12 months to implement their print on the team. He has a 2 year deal? I’ll give him next season, and then look to bring in Arteta, or Tuchel if PSG want to change.

I, too, am sick of this ugly pragmatic football. Let's hope it at least yields good results next year.

I wish we had a manager who played beautiful football, treated players like a father figure would, and had a romantic obsession with his philosophy that would be synonymous with our club. Also if he would go all season unbeaten too.

Puts it in perspective doesn't it.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I, too, am sick of this ugly pragmatic football. Let's hope it at least yields good results next year.

I wish we had a manager who played beautiful football, treated players like a father figure would, and had a romantic obsession with his philosophy that would be synonymous with our club. Also if he would go all season unbeaten too.

Puts it in perspective doesn't it.
Certainly does, but all of that was a million moons ago. Let's not pretend that Wenger's last few years (some might say last 8 or so years) were beautiful, FA cup wins aside!

MustOezil

Certainly does, but all of that was a million moons ago. Let's not pretend that Wenger's last few years (some might say last 8 or so years) were beautiful, FA cup wins aside!

Im not saying he would fare any better resultswise, which last season already proved. It's just that there are many more facets to supporting a club and manager other than results. That's all

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Im not saying he would fare any better resultswise, which last season already proved. It's just that there are many more facets to supporting a club and manager other than results. That's all
Oh absolutely. Bud sadly I can't even agree that Wenger gave us beautiful football bar a handful of games from probably 2012 onwards. When it clicked it was magical though.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Oh absolutely. Bud sadly I can't even agree that Wenger gave us beautiful football bar a handful of games from probably 2012 onwards. When it clicked it was magical though.
I think main problem in Wenger was to expect too much from certain average players and then he doesn’t cut them from the team, he didn’t reinforce well, if we would get 2 more players in the only Cech year, we woulda won that PL over Leicester, that was our chance wasted for I still don’t know why

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think main problem in Wenger was to expect too much from certain average players and then he doesn’t cut them from the team, he didn’t reinforce well, if we would get 2 more players in the only Cech year, we woulda won that PL over Leicester, that was our chance wasted for I still don’t know why
Nah, 2015/16, horrendous injuries that year. More than any other league club. 15 first team players spent a total of 201 weeks out injured. Cost us £15m in wasted wages. 7 times the injury stats of both Leicester and Sp**s who finished 1st and 3rd. Still not sure how Wenger finished 2nd. People too frustrated about losing to Leicester to see the truth.

Can you imagine Emery having those injuries and finishing 2nd? He’d be hailed as a God. And we’re suppose to have made big strides.

arsenal-injuries-2015-16.png

Last edited:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Nah, 2015/16, horrendous injuries that year. More than any other league club. 15 first team players spent a total of 201 weeks out injured. Cost us £15m in wasted wages. 7 times the injury stats of both Leicester and Sp**s who finished 1st and 3rd. Still not sure how Wenger finished 2nd. People too frustrated about losing to Leicester to see the truth.

Can you imagine Emery having those injuries and finishing 2nd? He’d be hailed as a God.

Ospina, Jenkinson and Debuchy? Come on. The injuries cannot be an excuse, because most of the first XI was fit for the run-in apart from Cazorla. And his absence wouldn't have been such an issue if proper back-up had been signed in the summer. The PL collapse began at OT and this was the team that lost to United's reserves:
Untitled.jpg

Other than Santi, only Mertesacker is missing from what you'd consider first choice players and he was dropped for a poor performance midweek against Barca.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Ospina, Jenkinson and Debuchy? Come on. The injuries cannot be an excuse, because most of the first XI was fit for the run-in apart from Cazorla. And his absence wouldn't have been such an issue if proper back-up had been signed in the summer. The PL collapse began at OT and this was the team that lost to United's reserves:
Untitled.jpg

Other than Santi, only Mertesacker is missing from what you'd consider first choice players and he was dropped for a poor performance midweek against Barca.
Excuse for what? People are saying Emery’s coping with injuries so lay off. And I agree. But people were so bitter about Wenger that nobody said that then, even though the team was on it’s knees.

Sanchez 11 weeks, Coquelin 9 weeks, Ramsey 8 weeks, Walcott 5 weeks, Santi 20 weeks, Özil 3 weeks, Chamberlain 21 weeks, Kos 3 weeks, Bellerin 2 weeks, Mertersaker 6 weeks . . . all regulars. And those extra players mean’t our cover was awful. If we’d have signed a midfielder it would have been pissing in the wind. 7 times the injury stats of Sp**s, let that sink in. And we beat them.

Come on!

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Excuse for what? People are saying Emery’s coping with injuries so lay off. And I agree. But people were so bitter about Wenger that nobody said that then, even though the team was on it’s knees.
There were a lot of injuries, but most of them came in the first few months of the season. The fact is, other than Santi the rest of the first team was available for the run in so why would injuries be an excuse? They were only 2 points off top spot when they beat Leicester.

And FWIW, I think the players should take the bulk of the blame for losing the title to Leicester. But that doesn't make finishing 2nd an accomplishment for Wenger, when you take into consideration what he's done in his career that would actually be an insult to the man.

say yes

forum master baiter

Can you imagine Emery having those injuries and finishing 2nd? He’d be hailed as a God. And we’re suppose to have made big strides.

Think this might be the worst post you’ve ever made.

Defending Arsenal finishing second to Leicester ****ing city is bad enough: to hail it as some kind of achievement is staggering.

Those injury stats are also bullshit by the way. Welbeck makes up over a quarter of the time missed and we knew about his injury before the season started. Might have been sensible to compensate for that rather than being the only club in Europe not to sign an outfield player.. The next ‘big’ injury on that list is Carl Jenkinson ffs. Our 4th choice RB at the time.

Cazorla’s injury was our only major setback that season and it in no way, shape, or form justifies the train wreck that ensued (and indeed had started well-before his injury struck).

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

There were a lot of injuries, but most of them came in the first few months of the season. The fact is, other than Santi the rest of the first team was available for the run in so why would injuries be an excuse? They were only 2 points off top spot when they beat Leicester.
It’s naive to think that a team that’s been riddled with injuries all season, suddenly gets them all back and they’ll perform as they’ve never had them and been on run of match winning form.

If you let go of the narrative that Wenger was getting old, totally in charge of every aspect of the club, couldn’t set up a team defensively, and was letting everybody do their own thing on the pitch, then you see a completely different picture . . . . . . . we had a horrendous injury list
was only spending 5th in the league . . yet our manager came 2nd, beat Sp**s, City, United and Chelsea and had the best defensive stats in the league.

I’m just saying if Emery had done that people would be creaming themselves, and I’d join them.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
It’s naive to think that a team that’s been riddled with injuries all season, suddenly gets them all back and they’ll perform as they’ve never had them and been on run of match winning form.

If you let go of the narrative that Wenger was getting old, totally in charge of every aspect of the club, couldn’t set up a team defensively, and was letting everybody do their own thing on the pitch, then you see a completely different picture . . . . . . . we had a horrendous injury list
was only spending 5th in the league . . yet our manager came 2nd, beat Sp**s, City, United and Chelsea and had the best defensive stats in the league.

I’m just saying if Emery had done that people would be creaming themselves, and I’d join them.
this wasn't you by any chance was it?
fahc-will-argue-with-anyone-about-anything-mga-11944974.png

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Think this might be the worst post you’ve ever made.

Defending Arsenal finishing second to Leicester ****ing city is bad enough: to hail it as some kind of achievement is staggering.

Those injury stats are also bullshit by the way. Welbeck makes up over a quarter of the time missed and we knew about his injury before the season started. Might have been sensible to compensate for that rather than being the only club in Europe not to sign an outfield player.. The next ‘big’ injury on that list is Carl Jenkinson ffs. Our 4th choice RB at the time.

Cazorla’s injury was our only major setback that season and it in no way, shape, or form justifies the train wreck that ensued (and indeed had started well-before his injury struck).
Sorry bro. :lol:

We finished to a team that got 81 points. I’m not interested in who it was. Bringing Leicester into it is just adding emotion to throw out reason. ‘Wenger finished behind Leicester ffs, let that sink in’ :lol: It means nothing, but it sounds terrible.

Anyway my point is that injuries are important and Emery’s has had his fair share too. It’s just a shame that Emery got brownie for his but not Wenger.

Preacher

Always Crying

By comparison, Manchester City don’t have a FB passing below 89%

Interesting numbers and thoughts. This might be one of the reasons, why Emery is reluctant to play back 4 with Kolasinac/AMN at the back. We can't build up with them from the back. Also they both are more attacking minded players than defending, especially Kolasinac. It's tougher to evaluate AMN properly, because he's just utility player as defender, but as midfielder on the paper he should be better at passing.

Wanted to see Nketiah getting the final sub after we went 3-0 up! I think that is were my biggest criticism on Emery comes from! I think minutes like those the final sub got belongs to our academy!

But all in all good job tonight! On to the next round!

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Wanted to see Nketiah getting the final sub after we went 3-0 up! I think that is were my biggest criticism on Emery comes from! I think minutes like those the final sub got belongs to our academy!

But all in all good job tonight! On to the next round!

My only disappointment so far with him is not giving youngsters more chances. It is strange since he was known as a guy who likes to promote from within. Maybe the goals set by the board this season prevented him from taking risks.

Nothing makes me more excited than seeing some youngster give a glimpse of his potential , even if they don't succeed in the long run. Give me some Osei-Tutu above Lich, Mavro above Mustafi and Saka/Eddie/Amaechi above Mkitaryan...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom