• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

What a great guy.

Still very much in the mix for top 4 with Chelsea facing City on Saturday while we have a run of very winnable games coming up. I think we've got a good chance of doing it. I honestly thought this season might be too much of an ask to get top 4 but it seems like we're in with a real shout and if we manage it then no matter what happens the Emery will have had the dream start. He'll have started better than both Klopp and Pochettino who both took over in similar circumstances.

Also liked how even toward then end of the game away at Old Trafford he was really pushing the guys to try and get the win. Really positive manager.

Wryer

I love his body language during his English interviews. He doesn't really care about his pronouciation and grammar, but somehow still gets his point across correctly.

Another window coming up, and the board has to be confident and generous in giving the management team the budget to work with. Emery, Sven and Raul has come up with aces so far.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Got to admit, I am so so impressed atm with Emery. I really feared the worst after the Chelsea and City game, because knowing Arsenal fans and the media I thought we'd be in for a tough time and many fans would get on Emery's back straightaway only making it harder for him.

But going 20 games unbeaten is an incredible achievement for a man who is still learning everyday about his squad, the transition so far has been flawless. All the players and all the fans are united which we haven't seen in years and that in its self was one of the main goals and is all down to Unai.

We are in for an absolute treat if we can secure a CL position and it makes me so excited for the future when he has a team built for him.

Not only does Unai constantly say the things we want to hear, he actually backs them up with results. We have a brilliant chance to go into the New Year in a solid position with a very good points total and hopefully bring in a new face at least in January.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Got to admit, I am so so impressed atm with Emery. I really feared the worst after the Chelsea and City game, because knowing Arsenal fans and the media I thought we'd be in for a tough time and many fans would get on Emery's back straightaway only making it harder for him.

But going 20 games unbeaten is an incredible achievement for a man who is still learning everyday about his squad, the transition so far has been flawless. All the players and all the fans are united which we haven't seen in years and that in its self was one of the main goals and is all down to Unai.

We are in for an absolute treat if we can secure a CL position and it makes me so excited for the future when he has a team built for him.

Not only does Unai constantly say the things we want to hear, he actually backs them up with results. We have a brilliant chance to go into the New Year in a solid position with a very good points total and hopefully bring in a new face at least in January.
Yup, looking more and more likely that a few changes could bring a serious title challenge next season.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
perfect fit for new Arsenal. all I wanted, and I didn’t ask for much; energetic/hungry tactician.
not some washed out manager as many wanted.

I wont respond to haters, but lot’s of credit goes down to Arsène, as he left a very talented team to his successor, very hungry team, and a young one. all they needed was fresh ideas, tactical approach and a little shake up

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Gotta give props to Man United & Wenger in the transition period. Man United taught us what not to do and the expectations that should be set. Wenger, for all his flaws, left us with a good attack force, and set expectations so low that Emery could finish 6th in his first season and I'd have been happy.

Love Emery's midfield choice and the style of football we're playing. It's good to watch football again and actually enjoy it rather than dread the stale football we endured for so long.

The coaching seems to be noticeably improving and the mentality shift so far has been a very welcome change. So many times we've been behind this season and we keep fighting. Also, so many times when our boys get fouled or attacked the rest of the team use to be passive and 'well-behaved', give me a team that will fight and die for each other. It's a good time. Let's hope it evolves and continues.

Impact

Established Member
20 goals conceded in 15 PL games. The one area where Emery needs to find greater improvement.

TheArsenalis

Not saying this to bash Wenger, but emery is so more tactically flexible than Wenger.

With Wenger the team starts and end the game with the same game plan. With emery though he adapts his tactics throughout the game even within one half he he slightly shift things.

Wenger will take a season to change formation. And it makes team work us out eventually. I'm really impressed with how proactive emeri is to find a solution to win matches

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Up to now Emery has won as many trophies for us as Pochettino has for the Spuds.

Much as I like what I've seen so far to compare his first four months with Wenger's last years is a cretinous piece of ignorant buffoonery.

Why not compare it to Wenger's first four months? Will the plastics be calling for his head if he doesn't win the double in his first season? Cos that's what Wenger did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom