Unai Emery: El Mister

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Mo Britain, Oct 17, 2018.

1. say yes

say yes To VAR

Sacking Wenger and hiring this guy was one of the best decisions in the club's history.

Should have given the Invincible trophy to Gazidis instead.

2. andeoch1

andeoch1 Active Member

Watching Unai on the line and he would be perfectly cast as ‘ Vlad the Impaler’

North5, m-due and GoonerJeeves like this.
  3. ThlRama

ThlRama Well-Known Member

So, 5 points off the big boys. We also got 5 in the exact same fixtures last season. The reverse fixtures will mean a lot regarding Emery's impact.

m-due, celestis and RacingPhoton like this.
  4. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

What a great guy.

Still very much in the mix for top 4 with Chelsea facing City on Saturday while we have a run of very winnable games coming up. I think we've got a good chance of doing it. I honestly thought this season might be too much of an ask to get top 4 but it seems like we're in with a real shout and if we manage it then no matter what happens the Emery will have had the dream start. He'll have started better than both Klopp and Pochettino who both took over in similar circumstances.

Also liked how even toward then end of the game away at Old Trafford he was really pushing the guys to try and get the win. Really positive manager.

5. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

I hope the board can give Emery some help in the transfer market come January. It is clear he is making a positive impact.

North5, Sapient Hawk, say yes and 8 others like this.
  6. Wryer

Wryer Well-Known Member

I love his body language during his English interviews. He doesn't really care about his pronouciation and grammar, but somehow still gets his point across correctly.

Another window coming up, and the board has to be confident and generous in giving the management team the budget to work with. Emery, Sven and Raul has come up with aces so far.

North5 and m-due like this.
  7. fransgooner

fransgooner Well-Known Member

Judging from their post-match interviews, he already speaks better English than Pochettino.

8. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Short man Syndrome

Got to admit, I am so so impressed atm with Emery. I really feared the worst after the Chelsea and City game, because knowing Arsenal fans and the media I thought we'd be in for a tough time and many fans would get on Emery's back straightaway only making it harder for him.

But going 20 games unbeaten is an incredible achievement for a man who is still learning everyday about his squad, the transition so far has been flawless. All the players and all the fans are united which we haven't seen in years and that in its self was one of the main goals and is all down to Unai.

We are in for an absolute treat if we can secure a CL position and it makes me so excited for the future when he has a team built for him.

Not only does Unai constantly say the things we want to hear, he actually backs them up with results. We have a brilliant chance to go into the New Year in a solid position with a very good points total and hopefully bring in a new face at least in January.

9. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Yup, looking more and more likely that a few changes could bring a serious title challenge next season.

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  10. lamby22

lamby22 Well-Known Member

I think I love him. It’s remarkable the results he’s getting what with him being brand new to the league. I hope the board back him in the transfer window as we are going places with him in charge

North5, Sapient Hawk, asukru and 3 others like this.
  11. berric

berric Well-Known Member

Hoping to use this a lot this season.

12. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

perfect fit for new Arsenal. all I wanted, and I didn’t ask for much; energetic/hungry tactician.
    not some washed out manager as many wanted.

I wont respond to haters, but lot’s of credit goes down to Arsène, as he left a very talented team to his successor, very hungry team, and a young one. all they needed was fresh ideas, tactical approach and a little shake up

13. SuperGoon

SuperGoon Debbie Downer

Gotta give props to Man United & Wenger in the transition period. Man United taught us what not to do and the expectations that should be set. Wenger, for all his flaws, left us with a good attack force, and set expectations so low that Emery could finish 6th in his first season and I'd have been happy.

Love Emery's midfield choice and the style of football we're playing. It's good to watch football again and actually enjoy it rather than dread the stale football we endured for so long.

The coaching seems to be noticeably improving and the mentality shift so far has been a very welcome change. So many times we've been behind this season and we keep fighting. Also, so many times when our boys get fouled or attacked the rest of the team use to be passive and 'well-behaved', give me a team that will fight and die for each other. It's a good time. Let's hope it evolves and continues.

asukru likes this.
  14. GunnerUK

GunnerUK Well-Known Member

Be careful what you wish for they said.!!

Dj_sds - likes this.
  15. Sanchez11's ghost

Sanchez11's ghost Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

On Motd im sure he said were going to win on Sat love this guy.

Sapient Hawk likes this.
  16. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

20 goals conceded in 15 PL games. The one area where Emery needs to find greater improvement.

17. Ceballinhos

Ceballinhos Cheating on Santi

A lot of these goals are individual mistakes.
    Something he can't do much about.

18. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Could say the same about Sarri but I think we were in a much worse state compared to Chelsea at the end of last season.

say yes and TornadoTed like this.
  19. TheArsenalis

TheArsenalis Well-Known Member

Not saying this to bash Wenger, but emery is so more tactically flexible than Wenger.

With Wenger the team starts and end the game with the same game plan. With emery though he adapts his tactics throughout the game even within one half he he slightly shift things.

Wenger will take a season to change formation. And it makes team work us out eventually. I'm really impressed with how proactive emeri is to find a solution to win matches

ThlRama likes this.
  20. Manberg

Manberg Well-Known Member

I like how we're drawing instead of losing games we don't play too well in. No Naivety on Emery's part.

say yes and ThlRama like this.