• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I wish Emery would give his press conferences in Spanish. It's brave of him to do them in English when he barely spoke a word when he got here but his ideas aren't often coming through clearly.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I wish Emery would give his press conferences in Spanish. It's brave of him to do them in English when he barely spoke a word when he got here but his ideas aren't often coming through clearly.

Well he seems to be getting them through to the players clearly enough which is all that matters. I doubt he gives a **** that Mo on Arsenal Mania is struggling to understand his ideas in English.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Well he seems to be getting them through to the players clearly enough which is all that matters. I doubt he gives a **** that Mo on Arsenal Mania is struggling to understand his ideas in English.
I doubt he does too especially as I understand him perfectly. Whereas you clearly didn't understand my post.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I doubt he does too especially as I understand him perfectly. Whereas you clearly didn't understand my post.

How are his ideas not coming through clearly? You don't even need to listen to him in a press conference to get his ideas. The thickest of pundits can see what he's trying to get the team to do and how he has changed it just by watching the team. Play out from the back, press the opposition in their own half from the front, quick transition when you when the ball back high up the pitch. Everyone can see that.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
His ideas are coming through to the team clearly, otherwise they wouldn't be doing so well.

My point is, and was, that his English in press conferences, because its off-the-cuff and without use of a translator, is littered with mistakes and sometimes he doesn't understand the question is 100%. Which isn't a problem while we're winning but I'm sure the minute we have problems he'll be ridiculed by the English media who are mostly biased against us.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

His ideas are coming through to the team clearly, otherwise they wouldn't be doing so well.

My point is, and was, that his English in press conferences, because its off-the-cuff and without use of a translator, is littered with mistakes and sometimes he doesn't understand the question is 100%. Which isn't a problem while we're winning but I'm sure the minute we have problems he'll be ridiculed by the English media who are mostly biased against us.

What :lol:

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think actually at times this is an advantage. In the sense that press conferences lose some of their interest. It allows him to "just get on with it". With AW it often turned explosive.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I think actually at times this is an advantage. In the sense that press conferences lose some of their interest. It allows him to "just get on with it". With AW it often turned explosive.
It seems deliberate to me. I’ve seen every post/pre match press conference. His English has rapidly improved and is pretty good at this stage. He is well prepared by the club for each press conference and uses his interpretator a lot to stretch time and better frame his answers so to avoid falling into journalist traps.

Also his ‘miscommunication’ which means him dragging the answer into a whole different subject at times confuces journalists, leaving them with no real answer to their cheeky questions.

I loved his staccato “no” when asked if he had talked to the players about crack balloons.

Wryer

It's a bit of a dilemma here. I think it's great that the team now has some resolve and steel in the second halves because of this record. Furthermore it gives a greater sense of involvement and importance to the subs. They know they are not there just to fill up spaces.

But it does give the first 11 a false sense of security. We were so close to dropping unnecessary points against Huddersfield.

It's fine if we are just trying to gain good control by playing conservatively in first halves, but we are clearly just tentative and slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom