• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

progman07

Established Member
I'm not going to blame him for rotating, because 1) I don't know about the health and fitness levels of the players and 2) these aren't his players mostly, BUT why the hell do we play 5+2 players who are defensive and average-to-awful on the ball, at home, not for the first time?

What is the plan behind playing 5 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders?
- gap between defense and attack is huge,
- our fullbacks do not have the technical ability and creativity to help the attacks without a winger,
- we invite pressure by not being able to create chances,
- 3 centre backs give not much in defense but our build-up is so slow with them,
etc.

It would require ball-playing centre backs, midfielders who connect defenders with attackers, and creative full-backs who can cut inside as well.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
So poor.

His complete non-trust for our own young players over utter wasters like that pointless prick Elneny is a serious mark against him.

That and his inexplicable cowardice even in "easy" home games.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Needs to trust the youngsters more because Elneny and Jenkinson are bottom tier players.
Could give 1 player who should have been given a look-in ages ago for the Jenks problem: Jordi Osei-Tutu. Has the athleticism and strength to withstand the PL already.

I'm told that Willock was actually injured so that would make things difficult. Still, you know me, I'd still have played an academy player. Charlie Gilmour, Ben Sheaf - even Matt Smith :lol:. Elneny should not play for us anymore.

Medley and Mavropanos both have errors in them but I still trust them more than Mustafi. The former 2 are relative unknowns in terms of potential and ability - whereas I already know Mustafi is a complete liability. Even further forward, we could be braver. We didn't necessarily have to play 3 at the back - could have called up Saka to the bench to give us another option. Could have rested Auba and started Nketiah today - Auba scored eventually but he didn't do anything else, was completely anonymous otherwise. Using the academy opens up the options tactically, and so much more. I wish Emery was a lot braver in this regard.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I think he did the sensible thing rotating, it was just a bit too much at the same time.
It was always a gamble to rotate but it had to be done with 4 games in 11 days. If there was one game where you might be able to get away with a weakened team, it was today rather than Wolves/Leicester away or Valencia. Crap performance but without a Mustafi howler and a horrible penalty decision on Wan-Bissaka he might've got away with it.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
It was always a gamble to rotate but it had to be done with 4 games in 11 days. If there was one game where you might be able to get away with a weakened team, it was today rather than Wolves/Leicester away or Valencia. Crap performance but without a Mustafi howler and a horrible penalty decision on Wan-Bissaka he might've got away with it.

Yeah I agree, this was the game to rotate and I would have been mad if he didn't tbh. That's life as a football manager, if your gambles work out you are a genius, if not you are an idiot..

he was unlucky with the small injuries too( Torreira, Xhaka), so some of the changes was forced on him as well, but that defence and midfield was barely PL level after all the changes lol.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

I really like Unai, but I think he can take some blame for playing so many players who have barely played together or aren't matchfit. It was pretty obvious for the first goal with Dino giving it away, Mustafi not marking and Jenko playing everyone on.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I didn't check but it would be interesting to see how much did Klopp rotate Liverpool's attack. I have a feeling they play every game, and if that's the case, why do we need to rotate every game? Torreira didn't play a lot, AMN played less than 20 games, Iwobi was on the bench for the last couple of weeks...
Emery doesn't actually have any arguments in his favour for constant rotation, players don't look fresh or better, we didn't avoid injuries and we don't have quality to change every game and expect results.
Instead of the usual crap that fans are being served, it would be nice to see for a change that he takes the blame and fixes his mistakes.

Summer window is near and we have a manager here who didn't really impress with anything, especially player management and team selection.
If I'm Kronke I definitely wouldn't invest a lot in someone like Emery.

Even if he wins EL I wouldn't feel confident with him next season, he just likes to frustrate everybody with his team selection, and too often it doesn't pay out.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
I don’t think Emery wants to play 5 at the back but the current personnel situation necessitates it.

We need to buy a starting quality LB and a CB to partner Sokratis, which will allow us to constantly play a back 4

I didn't check but it would be interesting to see how much did Klopp rotate Liverpool's attack. I have a feeling they play every game, and if that's the case, why do we need to rotate every game? Torreira didn't play a lot, AMN played less than 20 games, Iwobi was on the bench for the last couple of weeks...
Emery doesn't actually have any arguments in his favour for constant rotation, players don't look fresh or better, we didn't avoid injuries and we don't have quality to change every game and expect results.
Instead of the usual crap that fans are being served, it would be nice to see for a change that he takes the blame and fixes his mistakes.

Summer window is near and we have a manager here who didn't really impress with anything, especially player management and team selection.
If I'm Kronke I definitely wouldn't invest a lot in someone like Emery.

Even if he wins EL I wouldn't feel confident with him next season, he just likes to frustrate everybody with his team selection, and too often it doesn't pay out.

Agree this constant rotation and formation change was cute at first but I don't see it as winning formula on any other clubs.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Needs to trust the youngsters more because Elneny and Jenkinson are bottom tier players.
Came to post the same thing. Doesn't send a good message to the youngsters about their chances of playing for the first team. Not sure a Willock-Guendouzi midfield would have done well though (not to mention we don't have many options at right back anyways among the youngsters). I actually think our biggest issue was not starting with two at the back, then we would have had another forward player on to put more pressure on them defensively. We gave them too much belief with our **** show in the first half.

Reactions: A_G

Came to post the same thing. Doesn't send a good message to the youngsters about their chances of playing for the first team. Not sure a Willock-Guendouzi midfield would have done well though (not to mention we don't have many options at right back anyways among the youngsters). I actually think our biggest issue was not starting with two at the back, then we would have had another forward player on to put more pressure on them defensively. We gave them too much belief with our **** show in the first half.

I think Willock will surprise a few on here. He is a lot, lot better than last year. Improved massively, and he already was a quite talent last year.

I don't expect him and Guendouzi to be better but I'm sure about it couldn't get any worse. Elneny - Guendouzi pairing been tested twice now and has been horror show for both time. Surely we won't see it again?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Nacho, Iwobi, Mikhi, AMN all left on the bench for poorer players and the Emery bum squad are crying about him having no options.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I'll preface by saying I don't have any agenda. I'm not someone blaming Emery just to be a hipster d!pshit and I won't blame Wenger because frankly he's long gone now and every manager will "inheret" the previous manager's faults in the squad.

Can someone let me know, did AMN have an injury? I know Torreira was coming back but having already seen the absolute misery of El-Douzy, he needed to start.

We already know we struggle against Zaha. Palace are better away from home, on top of that we needed to win to take a decisive lead in the top 4 race.

And like the Everton game it feels like Emery is playing smart *ss with the line up.

We start AMN and Torreira instead of Jenko and Elsideways and I honestly believe we cut out atleast the first goal and look better generally in the first half, perhaps leading to a goal and foothold.

What I can give him a pass for is Mustafi, given the injuries it makes sense that he was there (although I personally consider brain farts more dangerous than lack of experience and I would've flat back 4 mav kos amn and mon).

I'm p*ssed and if we do miss out on top 4 then it will be because of today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom