• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Second leg Barca played parked the bus and counter through Messi and they got ****ed royally. Don't know how you can interpret that game as Barca playing an offensive game.
Yup, sorry, I have the legs confused in my head. Just watched a highlights reel now after posting.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yes, pretty much. Better managers in Pep, Mourinho, Poch and Klopp arrived and we immediately dropped out of the top 4. We began spending more but still got worse.
This narrative is boll*cks. Wenger burn’t off dozens of top managers over 20 years straight, with a lot less money than his last two seasons, and never failed once to achieve top 4.

The only thing that changed was that fans were bored with top 4 and FACups and took him down with a very sustained and high profile campaign that made his job and the team’s job impossible. And even then he only dropped out by one point and won an FA Cup in the first season of protests.

Poch has won absolutely nothing and Klopp has only risen above his abysmal start of 8th because the club has assembled a squad of £700m+ to rival United, almost double ours.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Poch has won absolutely nothing and Klopp has only risen above his abysmal start of 8th because the club has assembled a squad of £700m+ to rival United, almost double ours.
You are forgetting to mention the key thing here, Klopp and Liverpool board were brave enough to move players on time to generate big chunk of that money, something Arsenal refused to do for over a decade. When things are not working out with our players, we keep them anyway, very often improving their contracts.

Aevi

Hale End FC
This is a definite mark against Emery for me. I get that he's a new coach but for someone who talked up all this knowledge of our academy, his actions haven't reflected much care for it at all. To not communicate to a players is to be skipping on a part of his job. Bielik especially is coming off a fantastic loan spell and into the final year of his contract, he's someone who we definitely need to be talking to to figure out his next step, whether he stays or goes. I'm sure Bielik and Bramall aren't the only ones being left on the dark. So what is he doing? This complaint even comes after you look at his lack of use of our academy products who were here in Nketiah, Willock, Medley, etc when they were needed at times to fill in during our injury crisis.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Barcelona parking the bus? What have I just heard. That mob isn't familiar with a handbrake let alone manoeuvre a bus. What happened is that everytime Barcelona's midfielders or attackers had the ball they were set upon by a pack of gegenpressing maniacs. They kept losing the ball thus Liverpool was attacking them time after time. Naturally if you lose the ball you end up retreating a little. Still it wasn't like they all dropped back. There was loads of space around the penalty area. At the back Barcelona were still open, Mane in particular was threatening to get behind them.

Ganduzi

This is a definite mark against Emery for me. I get that he's a new coach but for someone who talked up all this knowledge of our academy, his actions haven't reflected much care for it at all. To not communicate to a players is to be skipping on a part of his job. Bielik especially is coming off a fantastic loan spell and into the final year of his contract, he's someone who we definitely need to be talking to to figure out his next step, whether he stays or goes. I'm sure Bielik and Bramall aren't the only ones being left on the dark. So what is he doing? This complaint even comes after you look at his lack of use of our academy products who were here in Nketiah, Willock, Medley, etc when they were needed at times to fill in during our injury crisis. Hopefully Freddie can mend this.

Even if Emery thinks Bielik isnt good enough, this is still pretty bad

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
This is a definite mark against Emery for me. I get that he's a new coach but for someone who talked up all this knowledge of our academy, his actions haven't reflected much care for it at all. To not communicate to a players is to be skipping on a part of his job. Bielik especially is coming of a fantastic loan spell and into the final year of his contract, he's someone who we definitely need to be talking to to figure out his next step, whether he stays or goes. I'm sure Bielik and Bramall aren't the only ones being left on the dark. So what is he doing? This complaint even comes after you look at his lack of use of our academy products who were here in Nketiah, Willock, Medley, etc when they were needed at times to fill in during our injury crisis. Hopefully Freddie can mend this.

That doesn't look good on Emery. Thought he would atleast have spoken to them once.

It is interesting the way they talk about Wenger and how convinced they seem they would have played a part in the first team. That was really Wenger's achilles heel. Placing so much faith in almost any player that he met. Most of them turned out to be way, way below the level needed to be at a club like ours. ( I always remember the backing he kept giving Sanogo, even after it was clear to everyone). The sad part is the few that justified that faith left as soon as they showed their talent.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

This is a definite mark against Emery for me. I get that he's a new coach but for someone who talked up all this knowledge of our academy, his actions haven't reflected much care for it at all. To not communicate to a players is to be skipping on a part of his job. Bielik especially is coming off a fantastic loan spell and into the final year of his contract, he's someone who we definitely need to be talking to to figure out his next step, whether he stays or goes. I'm sure Bielik and Bramall aren't the only ones being left on the dark. So what is he doing? This complaint even comes after you look at his lack of use of our academy products who were here in Nketiah, Willock, Medley, etc when they were needed at times to fill in during our injury crisis. Hopefully Freddie can mend this.

That’s the problem when you give a pragmatic manager a two year contract, is he going to be investing his time in developing young players for the long term when he could be out the door very soon? Is he f*ck.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

About time we seen some ruthlessness. Last thing the manager wants to do is waste time on someone like Bramall who was clearly never gonna be good enough for a club like Arsenal. Probably couldn't even believe he was at the club. I mean a signing like that just sums up Wengers last few years. As for Bielik, 21 years old and can only manage a loan to a league one club, tells you all you need to know.

The standards have slipped so low that we're encouraging giving absolute nobodies a chance for absolutely no reason. The standards need to be raised back up again, charity FC needs to die.

Tir Na Nog

Maybe a cold approach from the manager will stop mediocre players from leaching off the club. It's an absolute joke the contracts that Jenko was given.

By the way you think a top manager like Allegri, Conte, Simeone, Mourinho, etc would be any different to this? Most of them probably couldn't name some of their younger players. The absolute top young talents, and I mean top ones not this weird idea at Arsenal that every young talent can become world class if the manager gives them minutes, will obviously given more favourable treatment if the manager thinks they can contribute to the first team.

But the bottom line is Emery doesn't owe either Bramall or Bielik anything, he didn't bring them in. He didn't keep them here way longer than they should have been.

About time we seen some ruthlessness. Last thing the manager wants to do is waste time on someone like Bramall who was clearly never gonna be good enough for a club like Arsenal. Probably couldn't even believe he was at the club. I mean a signing like that just sums up Wengers last few years. As for Bielik, 21 years old and can only manage a loan to a league one club, tells you all you need to know.

The standards have slipped so low that we're encouraging giving absolute nobodies a chance for absolutely no reason. The standards need to be raised back up again, charity FC needs to die.

Unless Emery gets rid of Mustafi, Xhaka and Özil I can't really say he is ruthless.

Telling some kids he has never met to leave is easy. Everyone can do it. But if he can't get rid of Mustafi, Xhaka and Özil he is just soft and team will keep taking advantage of that next season. Soft as puddle cat.

Aevi

Hale End FC

This isn't about Emery prioritizing the first team, this is about him neglecting players in our squad to the point that they don't seem to have been evaluated at all. What kind of club are we to let this happen? Not one that'll attract young talents for long, I'll tell you that. Emery needs to build a bridge to the youth and have plans for them. It's both a practical benefit and a case of simply treating players right. It's imperative we make our academy churn results to mitigate our smaller budget, either by having it produce good players for us to use or raise some funds to spend.

Tir Na Nog

Unless Emery gets rid of Mustafi, Xhaka and Özil I can't really say he is ruthless.

Telling some kids he has never met to leave is easy. Everyone can do it. But if he can't get rid of Mustafi, Xhaka and Özil he is just soft and team will keep taking advantage of that next season. Soft as puddle cat.

Problem is which club is stupid enough to sign Mustafi? And who wants to pay Özil 350,000?

Regardless if Emery isn't ruthless enough, we need the next manager to be ruthless. I'm sick of the soft, nice approach we have here. It gets us no where. All the top clubs have a ruthless streak to them. Imagine Real Madrid fans getting upset because their manager didn't talk with a mediocre player brought in from the 5th tier of Spanish football? :lol:

Problem is which club is stupid enough to sign Mustafi? And who wants to pay Özil 350,000?

Regardless if Emery isn't ruthless enough, we need the next manager to be ruthless. I'm sick of the soft, nice approach we have here. It gets us no where. All the top clubs have a ruthless streak to them. Imagine Real Madrid fans getting upset because their manager didn't talk with a mediocre player brought in from the 5th tier of Spanish football? :lol:

Can't be making excuses for Emery. And can't be admiring him for getting rid of people he never met. He probably didn't even have to do it by him self. He probably break up with girls by texting them.

He earns the big bucks and makes me proud when he finds a way to get rid of Xhaka, Mustafi and Özil. But my bet is that coming the start of next season they will be 3 of his 5 captains. Bet Elneny will be the 4th.

Tir Na Nog

This isn't about Emery prioritizing the first team, this is about him neglecting players in our squad to the point that they don't seem to have been evaluated at all. What kind of club are we to let this happen? Not one that'll attract young talents for long, I'll tell you that. Emery needs to build a bridge to the youth and have plans for them. It's both a practical benefit and a case of simply treating players right. It's imperative we make our academy churn results to mitigate our smaller budget, either by having it produce good players for us to use or raise some funds to spend.

Can guarantee you no young talent will be put off because Emery didn't have a chat with a Conference level football in Bramall.

He's given opportunities to Smith-Rowe, Willock and Maitland-Niles this season, given Nketiah a few minutes too. Mavropanos would have gotten more opportunities if not for injuries and he clearly sees Nelson in his plans for the future.

Surely young talents will see how he's given so many opportunities to someone like Guendouzi this season, thrown straight in despite being so young. If you're good enough you'll get opportunities.

Tir Na Nog

The lack of communication from Emery is shocking...

Amazing what narratives people will come up with just because he didn't speak with Cohen ****ing Bramall.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Can guarantee you no young talent will be put off because Emery didn't have a chat with a Conference level football in Bramall.

He's given opportunities to Smith-Rowe, Willock and Maitland-Niles this season, given Nketiah a few minutes too. Mavropanos would have gotten more opportunities if not for injuries and he clearly sees Nelson in his plans for the future.

Surely young talents will see how he's given so many opportunities to someone like Guendouzi this season, thrown straight in despite being so young. If you're good enough you'll get opportunities.
I'm assuming a little here but I get the impression that Emery can be a little negligent of players at times. Just something I get from piecing together what certain players and ex-players are saying. He's pragmatic but misses a warmth and influence over the group that Wenger had. Wenger ended up with too much on his plate but he was good at making players feel included, you hear that time and time again. We're gonna need that if we want to keep the fringe youngsters around with the half-opportunities we're giving them. And as I said, we shouldn't discard what they can offer. Bielik looked very good on his loan, so let's see what he's got. What's the next step? Or else, what was he ever here for? Because he's done what he could.

Ganduzi

Emery is not acting like an Arsenal manager. Part of a manager's remit is to communicate with and nurture young players even if it's unlikely they'll be part of your plans.

Especially when one of those young players just won player of the year for his promoted club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom