• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
RVP - Injured for basically 7 years of an 8 years Arsenal career.
Fabregas - Pissed off to Barce the first chance he could
Nasri - Was hugely inconsistent for us with some really glorious moments and as soon as he came good moved on. Rotting away for free as we speak.
Rosicky - Beautiful footballer. made 170 appearances in TEN FECKING YEARS!
Sagna - Mr Consistent but nothing special ever. Can;t believe he was mentioned actually.
And no idea where the "when you already have" comes from. He purchased EVERY single one of those players.
Nasri inconsistent? What are you on about?
His dribbling, passing and movement were top quality for every match. Always look dangerous and create good chances just like cazorla.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Nasri inconsistent? What are you on about?
His dribbling, passing and movement were top quality for every match. Always look dangerous and create good chances just like cazorla.
Nasri was a hugely frustrating player when he played for us. Had great dribbling but often dribbled himself into corners and slowed our play down often. The talent was clearly there but the brain was lacking at times. I can recall Napoli being a standout performance for him where he dribbled past like 4 players in the box and scored a beauty but overall he frustrated quite a lot here. Didn;t help that he was shoehorned into positions which didn't suit him though

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Nasri was a hugely frustrating player when he played for us. Had great dribbling but often dribbled himself into corners and slowed our play down often. The talent was clearly there but the brain was lacking at times. I can recall Napoli being a standout performance for him where he dribbled past like 4 players in the box and scored a beauty but overall he frustrated quite a lot here. Didn;t help that he was shoehorned into positions which didn't suit him though
good memory, old timer.
Might have been inexperience more than inconsistency.

Still on my list of top 5 talents at AFC. He was a copy of Santi in my eyes

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
good memory, old timer.

Don't get me wrong, I was hacked when he moved. But I was more upset due to the fact that we had refined the raw talent and been rewarded nothing in return. We got a piss poor fee for him as well

scytheavatar

Established Member
good memory, old timer.

He was just as inconsistent for City as he was for us. He played a big part in them winning the title, then afterwards he was utter crap which was why they kicked him out of the club. No way he is on Cazorla's level in any shape or form.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Don't get me wrong, I was hacked when he moved. But I was more upset due to the fact that we had refined the raw talent and been rewarded nothing in return. We got a piss poor fee for him as well
Anyone else would have got 70m for him. After all, he was the next Zidane. Atrocious transfer dealing we had.

He was just as inconsistent for City as he was for us. He played a big part in them winning the title, then afterwards he was utter crap which was why they kicked him out of the club. No way he is on Cazorla's level in any shape or form.
he was sometimes used as cm, then cam then lm. Think he never found his position. Needed to stay at a smaller club for a while. City kicked out a lot of great players so it's not a big deal

Don't buy this overrating of Caz. Cazorla is a wizard, but his career is hohum.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
And what is so special about Nasri's. City used him maybe 2 seasons then he was discarded.. Since then where has he been? Even Joey Baryton played for City;)
Same careers and styles.

Nasri slowly imploded while Caz was maybe just a little unluckily in terms of injuries and competition. In the end, not much difference.

Remember that Nasri was compared to Zidane and Pires

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Same careers and styles.

Nasri slowly imploded while Caz was maybe just a little unluckily in terms of injuries and competition. In the end, not much difference.

Still feel Cazorla was the better player. Never seen such a strong two-footed player in my life.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
Same careers and styles.

still remember how badly it hurt.. losing both Cesc and Nasri at the same time. Must have driven a stake through Wengers heart.

that level of technical ability with RVP upfront and Jack behind...we probably will never see it again. Cazorla-Özil-Sanchez-Giroud came very close... but we never reached that level ...super sexy football.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
. I can recall Napoli being a standout performance for him where he dribbled past like 4 players in the box and scored a beauty but overall he frustrated quite a lot here. Didn;t help that he was shoehorned into positions which didn't suit him though
That was vs Porto.

He had a few good seasons and one astonishing season for us, where I would only have swapped him for Messi that year. Flattered to deceive a lot before that. Someone with an agenda might say he was mismanaged.

Last edited:

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
He acquired them all with the help of scouting. RvP worked out well considering nobody would touch him due to his questionable attitude at the time at Feyenord. Cesc was a talented embryo. We paid the going rate for Nasri who, as soon as he peaked, left us because we were still ****. Rosicky was Rosicky—lovely footballer, but a bit of a failure all in all. And Sagna.

Regardless, we won zero with all of them. Some wonderful players came and went, and our team, on paper, was worth as much as your Chelsea’s and Man Utd’s, man for man. But our excuse for not getting the best out of those players was ‘yeah, well we didn’t spend as much’. I too was probably guilty of using that line in arguments with oppo fans at the time tbh. In hindsight though, it was a lame cop-out of an argument.

Every manager acquires players with the help of scouting. Even the ones a manager personally identifies he has help with. No man is an island. Is SAF supposed to lose credit because the class of 92 were all mainly at the club when he arrived or scouted by youth coaches?

Isn't it to Wenger's credit that he developed RVP despite his attitude problems?

No our team wasn't. You forget how good those two teams were. It was a miracle we got as close we did to them in 2008. They made the CL final and Ronaldo was the best player in the world.

Van de Sar/Cech vs Almunia
Ashley Cole vs Clichy
Ferdinand + Vidic/Terry + Carvalho vs Gallas + Toure

We were outclassed all over the pitch IMO. Those guys were the best of their generation. People only remember Hleb for eating ice cream and flopping at Barcelona. Wenger got more out of them than anyone else and I think 2008 broke him. The only players we had that were of that class were RVP, Sagna, Toure and Fabregas. They had no right to get that many points but ironically it was only our failure to strengthen important parts of the team like GK, RW, DM and buying a back up striker in January 2008 (Anelka would have won us the league) that saw us fail during that time

RWB

Player:Saliba
Has Freddie become his assistant?

Well, Not really, judging by the titles on arsenal.com.

Emery is the ”First Team Head Coach”
JC Carcedo is the ”First Team Assistant Head Coach”. Emery’s right hand man (This was the title previously held also by Bould.)
Villanueva has the title of ”First Team Coach”.

Ljungberg is now ”Assistant First Team Coach”, so he holds a kind of junior coaching position in the first time, focusing on coaching and mentoring the younger players.

Last edited:

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard

GDeep™

League is very weak
What's this? As per which reliable reports? As I recall Sven had a fallout and left before Suarez's deal was conducted and I doubt playing academy players was an imperative for a supposed ' head of recruitment.'

I'm not defending anyone as I agree this transfer was a disaster but it seems like another easy discrediting piece in the media for easy click and cash.
It’s quoting the Sunday Times, which is reliable. That article is behind a pay wall so I can’t quote it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom