• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze_of_glory

Almost can't bare watching this; it's so static, everyone's just standing around waiting for something to happen. Horrible.
The team has a bad habit of this right now. You see it in how we attack all the time, it's so often everyone holding position and hoping the forwards can produce some magic on their own. If we attack in a more collective manner it's almost always just moving the ball wide for a low cross.

Dont want Emery next year, dont see him as a good matchcoach..
Was hoping this year he had done his homework and seen the misstakes in certain players but no he doesnt have it..

LG10

Emery is a coward, isn’t good enough for big clubs. Hasn’t improved our defense at all and can’t coach attacking play for his life. We are awful to watch and he favors ****ing Xhaka. Good of Raul to force him to use Nelson and ESR by selling because the coward won’t do it himself.

Most things i've seen from him aren't impressive especially the way we set up tactically. However am sure he also doesn't fancy failing at this job as it would most certainly be the end of his management at a big club in a top league.
The fact that got in Ceballos after the break might also point to him having grip of the situation. Think i'll reserve my judgement a little in terms of whether we should sack or keep for at least half this season.

I still maintain that its high time we put a few big teams to the sword especially at the Emirates and he should get back his early substitution balls from his stomach and learn from his mistakes and fast. If he manages these feats, he would go a level to convincing most fans. Do otherwise, and he's ****ed.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
How do we have way more quality? Eriksen, Son and Kane are absolutely exceptional players. Lamela is pretty talented and their CB pairing is pretty good. I know they're our rivals but let's be honest both teams are fairly evenly matched. The results over the past few seasons reflect that.

Under Wenger we drew with Sp**s plenty of times despite having prime Alexis and Özil playing with the likes of Cazorla, Ramsey and Koscielny in there too. That's when we had a better team than them.

Sp**s definitely have a quality side, and on paper we're pretty even.

However, when I watch us play and see our horrible tactics it seems like we could get more out of our players. Poch has Sp**s playing in a way that gets the most out of Kane, Son, etc, and upfront we definitely aren't getting the most out of PEA and Laca despite them still scoring goals.

At CB, Sp**s definitely have good players, but they've improved under Poch and know his system forward and backward. I don't think Emery has improved our players, and I have no idea what defensive system he wants to play.

But I definitely see your point.

Ashybashy86

We scraped a win at Newcastle, a club that was protesting Ashley, while Joelinton was making his debut and not up to speed. Let's see how we do at Watford. We don't know yet if the issues in away matches will be less than last season or the same.
Tbf, at least we won and kept a clean sheet away. S**** lost to them at home, and didn't even score. That makes gifting them 2 goals and a point even more annoying. They’re the jammiest team in the world.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
All those who don't want Emery here next year, who would you prefer out of interest?

I'm trying to get a picture of who is actually available if he was to leave, Mourinho.. Pochettino..? o_O

Brendan Rogers actually seems to do quite well wherever he goes to be fair.

Ashybashy86

All those who don't want Emery here next year, who would you prefer out of interest?

I'm trying to get a picture of who is actually available if he was to leave, Mourinho.. Pochettino..? o_O

Brendan Rogers actually seems to do quite well wherever he goes to be fair.
I’m not sure how much better we’d be defensively, but I’ve no doubt we’d be more interesting to watch.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I’m not sure how much better we’d be defensively, but I’ve no doubt we’d be more interesting to watch.

That's true, I'm literally drawing a blank on potential manager targets out there though if Emery was to leave.

I don't really want to see Emery go but at the same time I don't think I would be too bothered if he was too either, my feeling with Emery at the moment is 'meh', same how I felt about 90% of our squad pre transfer window, if any of them was to leave I wouldn't be too upset.

Hopefully the manager and squad can win us all over.

Way to much emery hate going on, why can't be just support the guy. His taken over a bang average squad, which both he and the club are activy sorting out. Once we get bellerin back we will start to be more dynamic in our attacks again, hopefully tierney can do the same on the otherside. We played the majority of last season without a winger and without a pair of fit full backs, that will change in the next month or too. His got a great opportunity to get this club back into the top 4 and progress us further. Just support the guy damn it.

Manberg

Predator
I think the hate’s because of a realisation that whilst he can perhaps take the club into the top 4, he can’t take the club further and compete with the best.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I think the hate’s because of a realisation that whilst he can perhaps take the club into the top 4, he can’t take the club further and compete with the best.

And people can foresee this from 1 year of coaching a team in biggest transition it has seen in 20 years?

With first year not much transfer budget, having some total calamities to start games.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
I doubt that Emery will bring us to another level like some other managers did in their clubs.Klopp,Pep,Sir Alex,Simeone,Mourinho in Chelsea etc.They changed structure in whole club and made massive improvements in team's style,mentality,players.Just not that type of manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom