• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I'm fully Emery out. We need to sign one of dese three Marcelinho/Nagelesman/Favre

I used to be on the Marcelino hype train but I think he’s not much better if any than Emery.

Shame Rafa’s gone to China, if it were up to me I’d give him the job tomorrow.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
With those stats it is impossible for none defense to make mistakes or maintain no goals... this is not because of individual misses... this mistakes have been done because of this constant pressure in the defense.

It’s the whole system failing. You can’t have 100 shots in 5 matches and expect no problems in goal.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
With those stats it is impossible for none defense to make mistakes or maintain no goals... this is not because of individual misses... this mistakes have been done because of this constant pressure in the defense.

It’s the whole system failing. You can’t have 100 shots in 5 matches and expect no problems in goal.
Its insane & Luiz / Sokratis are coming out apologizing for individual mistakes :lol: .... Sure they are daft but along with Leno are doing ok vast majority of the time.

Emery needs to fix the midfield next three games. Otherwise United away could be his last.

yorch44

It's a miracle we haven't lost more games. And yet on the other hand most of our goals conceded come down to individual errors and instances where we have been under no pressure at all.
I think it is because of lack of confidence and the players being uncomfortable with the way of playing. A defence completely disjointed from midfield. Literally our team is always against the sidelines so players are always under pressure of losing the ball. It’s not coincidence, with this way of playing we are prone to miss the ball like Papa and Douzy did yesterday

yorch44

Its insane & Luiz / Sokratis are coming out apologizing for individual mistakes :lol: .... Sure they are daft but along with Leno are doing ok vast majority of the time.

Emery needs to fix the midfield next three games. Otherwise United away could be his last.
But the problem is the system he plays ... for him the midfield is doing OK because they are doing what he asks for... playing to the FB... that’s the only constant of his play.... U plays. The leave 2 or 3 players upfront and wait for them to score magically.

Defensively he gives no management... even with Wenger we didn’t have 100 shots against us in 5 matches

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He has no choice tbf in the game because if you look at our bench the only outfield players above 20 were Torreira and Chambers.

While he can justly argue that he’s been left short this year with the squad, he’s got to be smarter. He clearly hates playing the kids but he’s forced to with our squad construction.

He has to start Nelson and Willock more, not because they deserve it but because you could bring more experienced players off the bench in pressure situations like yesterday.

If he’d started Nelson for say Özil we could have brought Mesut on for Ceballos when he started flagging. A midfield of Torreira and Willock lets him bring Xhaka and Guendouzi off the bench.

That line up would’ve had more balance because you’ve got the wide players in Pepe and Nelson and a midfield with a DM and two guys who can break lines rather than that garbage 4-4-2 diamond we lined up with.
I wish I could like this post more than once. I was convinced Nelson would start. Go in hard, run at the opposition and even if he doesn't score or assist, he's worked the opponent. Both young subs played with a desperation they didn't show earlier in the season.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
We all know with 100% certainty Emery will get the bullet if he continues to underperform, be it this season or next. Maybe the termination won't quite happen at Chel$ea speed, but he will be certainly given only a tiny fraction of the time Wenger had.

Fair enough TBH, the footballing landscape has changed. I don't get all the angst here.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The thing that annoys me is that there's a few games you think of the Liverpool home game last season, the NLD 4-2 win, the ties vs Napoli and Valencia where we play with aggression and intent but then there's so many games were we just play so passively at times. I wonder how much communication is playing apart because I do not believe for one second it was Emery's instruction to just sit there and try to survive against Watford. I think the players just were confused and didn't really know what they were supposed to be doing, especially after the goal from Sokratis' mistake.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom