• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Et tu Brute!
I get that we don't have all the holes plugged but we do have a much better squad than last season. This rubbish football we are playing is killing me. It is so boring apart from PEA who digs us out of an absolute hole on a regular basis. At least with Wenger we had entertainment, we had a style and we bounced back with character. We gifted Watford, of all fecking teams, 31 shots on target. That is pathetic. Absolute poverty stuff.
Sokratis was stupid for the goal but in all honesty I agree with the pundits... the manager is telling him to play that way. Inviting pressure while we are 2-0 up is one of the dumbest tactics i have ever seen particularly since our build up play is FAR too slow to even effect a counter... This is poverty stuff we're being fed after one of the best transfer windows we've had in a good while.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I get that we don't have all the holes plugged but we do have a much better squad than last season. This rubbish football we are playing is killing me. It is so boring apart from PEA who digs us out of an absolute hole on a regular basis. At least with Wenger we had entertainment, we had a style and we bounced back with character. We gifted Watford, of all fecking teams, 31 shots on target. That is pathetic. Absolute poverty stuff.
Sokratis was stupid for the goal but in all honesty I agree with the pundits... the manager is telling him to play that way. Inviting pressure while we are 2-0 up is one of the dumbest tactics i have ever seen particularly since our build up play is FAR too slow to even effect a counter... This is poverty stuff we're being fed after one of the best transfer windows we've had in a good while.
Why is our build up play so slow? Our midfield do not release the ball with urgency. If you watch Xhaka you can almost see the cogs turning and it’s been like that for some time, even before Emery.

And Douzi likes to side step players before releasing it. He does it too often, but he’s young and learning.

You really think Emery is telling them to be slow? I can’t see that.

And finally I don’t see any difference in our squad this season. Pepe is OK up front. But Xhaka is still there, Luiz is making more mistakes than Kos, AMN is still out of position, Kola is still one dimensional and worse than a Monreal, Sokratis has deteriorated and Leno is now getting tentative with those bozos in front of him.

This window has not improved us 5/10 at best. We needed a new spine, not a winger.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Why is our build up play so slow? Our midfield do not release the ball with urgency. If you watch Xhaka you can almost see the cogs turning and it’s been like that for some time, even before Emery.

And Douzi likes to side step players before releasing it. He does it too often, but he’s young and learning.

You really think Emery is telling them to be slow? I can’t see that.

And finally I don’t see any difference in our squad this season. Pepe is OK up front. But Xhaka is still there, Luiz is making more mistakes than Kos, AMN is still out of position, Kola is still one dimensional and worse than a Monreal, Sokratis has deteriorated and Leno is now getting tentative with those bozos in front of him.

This window has not improved us 5/10 at best. We needed a new spine, not a winger.

He's the one playing Xhaka so much.
The Guendouzi/Xhaka partnership has never worked well imo.

We're actually playing like clowns and giving away at least 1 or 2 big chances a game because we're so bad building from the back.
And it's not just about the lack of quality. There's a genuine issue with the way we're set up, the player who's carrying the ball has little to no support.

It happens way too much. Even in inferior teams I don't see that happen as often.

Emery needs to fix it fast. Otherwise, he won't last too long here.
I'm not asking him to turn us into Man City. but come on, we're a joke right now and we might be the worst team in Europe when it comes to gifting opportunities like this.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
That is simply not true. Ceballos is a great addition. I believe Tiernery was too. Saliba (on loan of course) also looks like a great acquistion.
Defensively we are still short in quality, i agree but this pass it out the back rubbish clearly doesn't suit our players and that is up to the manager. Constantly using fullbacks to whip crosses in when we score less headed goals than anyone around us. We seem to run out of ideas by the 15th minute of a game and then when we do get the lead we sit back and invite pressure onto our goal line.
There's a genuine issue with the way we're set up, the player who's carrying the ball has little to no support.
Emery needs to fix it fast. .
Great post..

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

That is simply not true. Ceballos is a great addition. I believe Tiernery was too. Saliba (on loan of course) also looks like a great acquistion.
Defensively we are still short in quality, i agree but this pass it out the back rubbish clearly doesn't suit our players and that is up to the manager. Constantly using fullbacks to whip crosses in when we score less headed goals than anyone around us. We seem to run out of ideas by the 15th minute of a game and then when we do get the lead we sit back and invite pressure onto our goal line.

Great post..
We need to fix the squad first before throwing anymore managers under a bus. This window did not address our problems from last year. And I kept saying it all summer. Our midfield and central defence are still weak.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal

Check his post match interview. Talks about preparing for the game with a different formation but after all their injuries he decided to revert to their usual to not annoy or confuse the players. Talks about having to stick to their playing style regardless of the opponent.

The difference between him and our manager couldn't be more stark.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

Pepe might not have hit the ground running but the attack looks bare even with him.

Against Watford we had no ST on the bench & only three kids for the wide / attacking midfield positions... Not sure if any have leagues goals for us. We only have one injured forward not like a crisis.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Pepe might not have hit the ground running but the attack looks bare even with him.

Against Watford we had no ST on the bench & only three kids for the wide / attacking midfield positions... Not sure if any have leagues goals for us. We only have one injured forward not like a crisis.
Even last year our attack was fine, third most goals in the league behind City and Liverpool and a golden boot winner.

Defence wise we let in 6 more goals than the combined Liverpool and City tally and looked awful against some lower teams.

I’ve nothing against Pepe, but surely you sort out your weaknesses first and foremost. Nothing has changed. Our defensive midfield and central defence are feeble, puny, fragile, delicate, slow, ponderous, mistake ridden. Even Leno is getting nervous now.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

We need to fix the squad first before throwing anymore managers under a bus. This window did not address our problems from last year. And I kept saying it all summer. Our midfield and central defence are still weak.

Mate you'll be saying this next year too , after we spend another 100m :lol:

Seeing the ruthless way Raul operates I don't think he will be here if this continues . Nice guy is Unai but he is killing this team imo .

Hopefully we don't play Auba at Frankfurt , he goes down we are ****ed .

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Seeing the ruthless way Raul operates I don't think he will be here if this continues . Nice guy is Unai but he is killing this team imo .

Omg Auba is going to start isnt he? Can imagine Emery doubling down on Europa

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I always like to see the best in people bro. We’d need more than 100m to buy a decent defensive midfielder and a class CB to partner Saliba. And after spending so much on our attack again this year and wasting money on Luiz, I don’t think we’ll have the money because of deferred payments.

This year we had the cash for whatever reason and should have sorted the worst problems first.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

He's the one playing Xhaka so much.
The Guendouzi/Xhaka partnership has never worked well imo.

We're actually playing like clowns and giving away at least 1 or 2 big chances a game because we're so bad building from the back.
And it's not just about the lack of quality. There's a genuine issue with the way we're set up, the player who's carrying the ball has little to no support.

It happens way too much. Even in inferior teams I don't see that happen as often.

Emery needs to fix it fast. Otherwise, he won't last too long here.
I'm not asking him to turn us into Man City. but come on, we're a joke right now and we might be the worst team in Europe when it comes to gifting opportunities like this.
Come on, Torreira isn’t much better and Willock is still unproven. Compared to a lot of teams in the league our midfield is inexperienced and full of mistakes. We are going nowhere with Xhaka at its heart.

Pepes blue pill

Article on the athletic talking about him, talks about how we barely do any training work on pressing, how we use to get the u23 to replicate our next opponents in training matches against which the players enjoy but that has stopped an how some are tired of the hours of video analysis

Suggests he having little character or ability to inspire confidence makes him vulnerable

Pepes blue pill

Can there be something in between? Looks like we went from one extreme to the next...

ofc, we dont need to just go out and just play like we apparantly did under wenger but to set up your game based on how watford will play is just wrong...doubt it will change tho as he has no style or philosophy

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Article on the athletic talking about him, talks about how we barely do any training work on pressing, how we use to get the u23 to replicate our next opponents in training matches against which the players enjoy but that has stopped an how some are tired of the hours of video analysis

Suggests he having little character or ability to inspire confidence makes him vulnerable

I also had similar impression when reading it.
It reminded me when he came here, there was a quote from a Sevilla or PSG player, on how you go to sleep while watching so much videos.

He must have had some extreme level PowerPoint skills or used some premium Prezi slides, to impress Ivan, Raul and Sven :facepalm:

Ashybashy86

That’s probably because Emery is happy with the likes of Sokratis and Xhaka. If he wasn’t, he would have sought to move them on, or at least make a point by not playing them week in, week out. He’s said Xhaka gives us balance, and he must think Chambers isn’t a better option than Sokratis. I disagree on both counts.

Pepes blue pill

I also had similar impression when reading it.
It reminded me when he came here, there was a quote from a Sevilla or PSG player, on how you go to sleep while watching so much videos.

He must have had some extreme level PowerPoint skills or used some premium Prezi slides, to impress Ivan, Raul and Sven :facepalm:

Thing that concerns me is everything I dislike about him is backed up by what happened at his former clubs, he is also not very charismatic or seem a good motivational speaker, I just cant imagine wanting to run through brick walls for him

Klopp is a mad man but I know I would run through hell and back if he was my manager, same thing goes for pep and I can even see chelsea players doing that for fat frank just on the basis the fans will turn on them before him if they throw their toys out like they normally do

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom