• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
A lot of people are projecting when it comes to Arteta. Has zero managerial experience, not even youth level. People are seriously overrating him because he is boys with Pep and Poch. What extent do we actually know he is involved with Pep’s tactics? The guy could be putting out cones and that’s that. Pep was very successful at Bayern and Barca without the help of Arteta, so whatever he’s doing it’s hardly groundbreaking. Just because they together doesn’t mean they have the same approach to football. Let’s not forget Pep and Mourinho both worked under van Gaal but their approaches are vastly different. Koeman played his best football at Barca but his football at Everton was not attractive at all.

Plus ever since I joined the forum, all I ever heard was how much of a fraud Gazidis was but now we feel hard done by because he didn’t get his first choice? I don’t know. I personally think it was too much of a gamble to go for Arteta but we should have picked better than Emery. Even if he is an interim manager.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Out of the managers currently unemployed Allegri would be your first choice. Of the managers currently employed I'd lean toward Ancelotti. Vieira might be a wildcard but I wouldn't exactly put him first choice unless he does something extraordinary with Nice this season.

I'm sick of seeing names suggested of hipster coaches who've achieved nothing or ex-players with absolutely no managerial experience. We need to act like a top club for once.

Emery should have only ever been a transitional manager anyways. Hopefully he gets us into the CL some way or other this season and then we appoint a top coach to take us to that next level.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
So who should we be replacing him with?

Allegri maybe? Not the most Wengerball football (to say the least), but he could organize us better. Would be forced to play some of the youngsters, too, given the state of our squad.

He is available, so...

Other than that, I'm not sure. Would love Favre.

Would stay clear of Mou and Arteta, the former because of obvious reasons, the latter because I don't want us to go for someone with 0 experience when the ship is yet to be steadied. That also goes for Howe, we need someone with some experience at a bigger team.

...can't believe I'm saying this, but even Rafa would do.

GDeep™

League is very weak
What has Carlo ever done in domestic football? Hasn’t made an impact in Europe on a long time either.

Allegri will go to Utd, Sp**s or Chelsea in the summer. Potch to Utd or Real.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
What has Carlo ever done in domestic football? Hasn’t made an impact in Europe on a long time either.

Allegri will go to Utd, Sp**s or Chelsea in the summer. Potch to Utd or Real.

Think Potch stays another year if Real stick with Zidane. United is a bad call for as long as Woodward is there... though he'd probably have more luck bringing Kane and Eiricksen to United, given Madrid's latest purchases.

Godwin1

Very well-known
A lot of people are projecting when it comes to Arteta. Has zero managerial experience, not even youth level. People are seriously overrating him because he is boys with Pep and Poch. What extent do we actually know he is involved with Pep’s tactics? The guy could be putting out cones and that’s that. Pep was very successful at Bayern and Barca without the help of Arteta, so whatever he’s doing it’s hardly groundbreaking. Just because they together doesn’t mean they have the same approach to football. Let’s not forget Pep and Mourinho both worked under van Gaal but their approaches are vastly different. Koeman played his best football at Barca but his football at Everton was not attractive at all.

Plus ever since I joined the forum, all I ever heard was how much of a fraud Gazidis was but now we feel hard done by because he didn’t get his first choice? I don’t know. I personally think it was too much of a gamble to go for Arteta but we should have picked better than Emery. Even if he is an interim manager.
It's largely tongue in cheek when it comes to Arteta I wouldn't worry about it.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Problem with Carlo is before you’re even employing him, you know you’re hiring a manager who will not win the title or even compete at the very top of the table.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Think he deserved a fair bit of leeway in his first season, but right now he isn't showing that he deserves to be here beyond this season. Maybe he figures it out with everyone back from injury.
He's been a steady hand we're arguably in the same position we were during Wenger's last couple of seasons, he's not the Klopp that we needed to really go on and achieve anything. If he gets top 4 this season the board will undoubtedly give him another year.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This is why I wanted Arteta, could’ve transitioned, played youngsters, and tried to play decent stuff. He like Lampard now, would’ve tried to implement a system.
Jesus, don’t mention Arteta. Me, you and @Tir Na Nog got branded as trolls and trouble makers for pushing him last summer.

Funny how things change with time.

Aubamagoal

I've had a lot of hope for Unai Emery, mainly because I used to watch Sevilla and liked the way he managed the team to win the europa.

But time and time again I am growing convinced that he is not the right man for Arsenal, and an even worse fit for the premier league. I think there are a few factors that contribute to this problem.

Firstly, there were stipulations about his ability to deliver a much better motivational speech in Spanish, and his ability to connect with players with whom he can share a native language. His English is extremely poor despite being here for two years now, and that ought to be a bit of a problem here.

Secondly, there is no denial that we are systematically shipping in more goals and scoring much less. People often dismiss xG and xGA , but over the course of the season those averages do catch up with the team and make sense. Many people here compare Unai Emery to Klopp or Pep, saying that the Spaniard needs more time to build a team. But if you actually study Liverpool overtime, their xG grew steadily and xGA dropped. With Emery, it is the opposite.

Lastly, his man management skills leave a lot to be desired. (1) He has given youth no chance last season to shine in the premier league, while this year it feels that the time that Nelson/Willock/Martinelli are getting is imposed by Edu/Raul rather than by Emery. (2) His mismanagement of Mesut Özil has made a circus in the media and his reluctance to play Aaron Ramsey cost us the crucial points that would have pushed us onto the 4th spot.

Emery has benefited greatly from Wenger's latest signings, Lacazette and Aubameyang. Both world class, both fantastic players. Without their individual brilliance, we would have seen a team much closer to the lower range of xG.

It is time we sack him and give someone with a vision a chance. Whether it is Arteta or Ljungberg as a caretaker until next summer, Emery is no good in the premier league and no good for us. The constant tinkering and the approach based on opposition is that of an underdog, not that of a team aspiring to be title contenders. Emery is just simply not the type of manager who can get the best out of supertalents and not the type of manager to dominate a game. When the result of his two year stint of management, and at a club with talents like ours, is being completely outclassed by a 20-th placed Watford, then we should cut our losses. These kind of results are not unexpected, and are more a mainstay with Unai at helm rather than an outlier performance.

Emery's game does not pass the eyeball test, which adds to fans' frustration. I feel bad for him, because this is likely his last chance at a top top club. I am sure he will be a fantastic coach in a top 6 club in Spain, but the premier league is a beast of its own, and Emery cannot tame it.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Interesting idea, and I would love Arsène back at the club for the season. Mainly because he knows the players, the players know his system and he is a respected figure who will bring stability to our club. Until next summer of course, when we would bring in someone for the long haul.
What a post. Had to mop my eyes with a hankie. If only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom