• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman10

Established Member
Anyone see Chelsea play against Liverpool? Had Liverpool backed up, created chances and were unlucky it didn’t finish 2-2.

Fans cheered the team off the pitch, despite losing twice at home this week.

I saw Lampard kneeling down and smiling on the touchline at around 90 minutes and although it was exciting in the moment it was not the look a Chelsea manager should have no matter what the competition is. He should have been shouting at his players to push them on, focusing on every little detail (with instructions) to the last second to at least get a point.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

For every week he keeps on insisting to play players that continuously let him and the club down I start having more and more doubts if he is the longterm solution. If we do not start improving we need to start thinking about going in a different direction. He can have this season, but without us playing significantly better he needs to go.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I truly hope one day we'll have a manager to get the fans cheering us off after losing games. :drool:
What we get is total condemnation of a manager (on a forum, fwiw) when we've won a game with ten men, giving the opposition a 1 goal start.

It's clear the intense vitriol after a win in very unlikely circumstances robbed them of an intense cry-**** session, so it's going to happen regardless. Love it :rofl:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
For every week he keeps on insisting to play players that continuously let him and the club down I start having more and more doubts if he is the longterm solution. If we do not start improving we need to start thinking about going in a different direction. He can have this season, but without us playing significantly better he needs to go.
He'll die by his constant Xhaka inclusion. He didn't sign Sokratis, but he's sure to see the bench when Holding's ready. We need to find an alternative ro AMN until Bellerin is fit, also. For all his good bits, he's a dogshit RB.

Kav

Established Member
I truly hope one day we'll have a manager to get the fans cheering us off after losing games. :drool:
I don't know, they were booing Wenger even when he won and vilified the old man when we lost. Yet Unai "good ebening" Emery gets free reign to put out dross time and time again since April and the fans let him off.

I'm still pissed about the Brighton and Crystal Palace results at the end of last season. He has to take responsibility for these things and work to change them.

He can't keep setting up the team in a disadvantageous position at the beginning of the games to then try and undo his mistakes as it progresses.

He also needs to get over his Özil drama, I'm not saying play Özil in every game but clearly he would have given the team more ball control than what we got from Xhaka, Doozi and Ceballos today in the first half.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
All said, we can't be in a good place if we're really pining for a Chambers-Holding CB pairing to calm our nerves. I really hope he saw Luiz as a cheap utility man with experience and nothing more, and will look to get a player to pair up with Saliba next season, or use one of Chambers or Holding. We could be miles away from solving the problem or it could be under our noses already.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I don't know, they were booing Wenger even when he won
I don't ever recall that happening tbh. I'll stand corrected if there's any proof. One thing all our fans wanted deep down--even when things were really bad--was to see a miraculous Wenger resurgence, and we cheered every win as if it was possibly the sign of something good. That's what I remember anyway.

GDeep™

League is very weak
All said, we can't be in a good place if we're really pining for a Chambers-Holding CB pairing to calm our nerves. I really hope he saw Luiz as a cheap utility man with experience and nothing more, and will look to get a player to pair up with Saliba next season, or use one of Chambers or Holding. We could be miles away from solving the problem or it could be under our noses already.
We tried for Upamacano, another big young french talent, think we’ll go back in for him or similar.

Luiz was a like for like with Kos.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
We tried for Upamacano, another big young french talent, think we’ll go back in for him or similar.

Very much doubt simply throwing players at it is the answer anyway. It may well take another manager. We're doing the same clueless **** as we've been doing for years--even conceding straight away after dragging ourselves back. Having one great, respected, vocal CB calling the shots at the back is what's needed for an immediate impact, but that isn't coming very soon. We still lack personality.

Kav

Established Member

I don't think we have the funds for that kind of purchase. If i recall correctly, RB wanted 80 Mil for him. I agree though that we need a athletic defender and another whose great at positioning and reading the game.

Djene is good as well as Kimpembe.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Get him out tonight & this season can be salvaged yet. Whoever comes in has to be someone with enough power of reason to realize Xhaka is not a player fit for anything but a perpetual spot on the bench.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What we get is total condemnation of a manager (on a forum, fwiw) when we've won a game with ten men, giving the opposition a 1 goal start.

It's clear the intense vitriol after a win in very unlikely circumstances robbed them of an intense cry-**** session, so it's going to happen regardless. Love it :rofl:

Don’t get how anyone can watch that game and say “yeah I’m happy with that”.

Mate it was turgid stuff, Villa could have been out of sight by half time. If they hadn’t gone full coward mode and stuck eleven behind the ball we’d have been struggling.

Xhaka and Guendouzi clearly can’t play together, and when he does make the changes it’s to play Torreira as a number 10. It’s just baffling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom