• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashybashy86

From what I heard since I couldn't watch the match Emery's subs changed the game with Lucas and Willock bringing energy into the midfield.
They did, and with 10 men, the difference was so noticeable that you have to question why they don't start more games. He doesn't know his best 11.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

They did, and with 10 men, the difference was so noticeable that you have to question why they don't start more games. He doesn't know his best 11.

Xhaka is the only one I don't want in midfield.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a bit of tension between him and the transfer committee.

I feel like he hates playing young players and Özil unless he’s forced to. In the NLD he brings on Mkhitaryan for some mental reason then just hours after the game’s over he’s out on loan.

Felt like a message has been sent to him, there’s no Iwobi and no Mkhitaryan. The squad now is barely eleven senior players plus a bunch of kids.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a bit of tension between him and the transfer committee.

I feel like he hates playing young players and Özil unless he’s forced to. In the NLD he brings on Mkhitaryan for some mental reason then just hours after the game’s over he’s out on loan.

Felt like a message has been sent to him, there’s no Iwobi and no Mkhitaryan. The squad now is barely eleven senior players plus a bunch of kids.

Think thats that for every new head coach st the club útil they hit the ground running and get enough klout to demand things.

You see the profile of players we are told he'd like (Banega, 8s that are 6s and vice versa) and you see the people we've brought in and it's clear the club will continue to sign great players (Luiz excluded) and tell the head coach to fit them the best he can.

The fact that the club still inisists in not calling him the manager says a lot.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

Listen to this coward
Xhaka is not a PL player. It's painfully obvious. To continue to play him ahead of Lucas and Willock is ridiculous and in fact the way this clown masquerading as a manager uses him only highlights his deficiencies as a player. You have a guy with zero pace and you use him to press when out of possession which inevitably leaves him out of position when the ball invariably passes him by. You have guy who takes an age to control the ball and turns like a Soviet tank and you use him as the pivot to build up play out of the back. Emery's "management" style is nothing more than a guy with a 50/50 chance of getting decisions right guessing and losing out to terrible luck.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
I asked this in the match day thread before we turned things around, but has the come back caused some of you who were angry at 2-1 to come around on Emery?

The truth is Emery isn't a bad coach and this isn't a club where players down tools to get a manager sacked. Chances are he will get us 4th place but no more.

So, if we keep him around we'll just go back to where we were under latter Wenger, perennial champions league qualifiers but too flawed as a team to go any further.

Will Kroenke get rid of a good manager who brings in CL money to bring in a potentially great manager to take us to the next level? Given the history of the club and Kroenke's risk averse approach, all Emery needs to do is secure CL football and his job is more than secure. Regardless of the type of football we see every week or the Jekyll and hyde performances from one week to the next.

Batman

I don't think we have the funds for that kind of purchase. If i recall correctly, RB wanted 80 Mil for him. I agree though that we need a athletic defender and another whose great at positioning and reading the game.

Djene is good as well as Kimpembe.
For that kind of money Konate is the one we should be taking off of them. He and Saliba would be quite a tasty pairing next season. Big, fast and strong with excellent ball playing ability.

Batman

I asked this in the match day thread before we turned things around, but has the come back caused some of you who were angry at 2-1 to come around on Emery?

The truth is Emery isn't a bad coach and this isn't a club where players down tools to get a manager sacked. Chances are he will get us 4th place but no more.

So, if we keep him around we'll just go back to where we were under latter Wenger, perennial champions league qualifiers but too flawed as a team to go any further.

Will Kroenke get rid of a good manager who brings in CL money to bring in a potentially great manager to take us to the next level? Given the history of the club and Kroenke's risk averse approach, all Emery needs to do is secure CL football and his job is more than secure. Regardless of the type of football we see every week or the Jekyll and hyde performances from one week to the next.
The only reason the team came back is because because they're much more talented than Villa and a couple of players really dug deep and took it upon themselves. If you put a simpleton in a McLaren and he just puts his foot down, it's still going to reach a high speed because that's what it's built to do. Ultimately he's going to crash it though. We need someone smart enough to actually navigate the McLaren rather than go on a joy ride blindfolded like this numpty.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
The only reason the team came back is because because they're much more talented than Villa and a couple of players really dug deep and took it upon themselves. If you put a simpleton in a McLaren and he just puts his foot down, it's still going to reach a high speed because that's what it's built to do. Ultimately he's going to crash it though. We need someone smart enough to actually navigate the McLaren rather than go on a joy ride blindfolded like this numpty.

For some reason, I thought about Steve McLaren when I first skimmed your post and thought you were saying even a simpleton like McLaren could get something out of an Arsenal squad because of the quality of the players.

Imagine Steve McLaren as Arsenal manager............

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade

So basically we are doomed, a team without ambition. A team where nobody cares to win. Where players comes to make a name for a better team and then go to another place for winning. Sounds like our recent history

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
I'm glad the boys turned this one around because it would have been impossible to defend a run like that. Emery is living on the edge of a knife and hopefully he doesn't wreck our McClaren.

It really does seem as simple as replacing Xhaka with literally anyone. I hope we see that. But to think things are so simple is probably naïve.

I'm still rooting for Emery's and the team's success. I'd like to see us turn this around and play some good football. Clearly we are capable, something is just amiss.

Chaoz_Enigma

This maybe an unpopular opinion but i think emery keeps starting xhaka for his passing abikity to start attack and positionally for midfielder he is stable although he is lacking in the department of tackling and quick touch.

Take xhaka off last season when he was unavailable, there was a disjoint from defence to attack. We cannot hold on to balls and our midfield is like headless chickens running around with no bite and guendouzi have not progressed as much as what we have seen now.

Emery i suspect knew this and the only way to get some sort of possession is through xhaka as we have no one else. We can let say substitute him with ceballos in number 8 but physically is even worse than xhaka, easily bypassed so thats a risk. Having guendouzi and torreira pairing lead to suspect positinally in tactics as they tend to chase after the balls for defence. Lets be honest torreirra and willock whrn came on in this villa game, they are still fresh and offers dynamism which enable us to outplay villa. However start them from minute 0 they will run out of gas by minute 70 and that is unstable for emery.

By the way this just how i see things now, i maybe wrong as i am not emery butbin this situation emery's hand is just forced to play with whatever midfield that offers the best balance despite how lacking we are in that department.

Batman

For some reason, I thought about Steve McLaren when I first skimmed your post and thought you were saying even a simpleton like McLaren could get something out of an Arsenal squad because of the quality of the players.

Imagine Steve McLaren as Arsenal manager............
Idk why but this actually made me tear up laughing. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom