• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
It's his lack of style that concerns me. Why is he playing 3 at the back? That formation only works if You play one touch passes around the corner. We don't play one touch passes. Our build up is as slow as ever. He is playing Guendouzi every game when he doesn't deserve it. Auba is now on the right. His attacking sub was a full back for a full back.

The argument that he needs the players to implement his style is a flawed one. He should be implementing his style regardless. Problem is I don't think he has one

Nine of the players that started for Liverpool today weren’t there when Klopp was appointed.

blaze_of_glory

General consensus here was that Wenger had no tactics, didn't coach defense, never reacted to anything happening during the games just subbed out the same players at the same time no matter what, made every player worse to the point you couldn't judge them until you saw them under a new manager and had no offensive system; just let the players do whatever they wanted..

If Emery can't come in and immediately improve on that, what does that say about him?

Only way what we are seeing now is not disappointing is if Wenger only failed as a "squad builder" and not as a manager, which is not true as Wenger couldn't get the best out of the squad the last 2 years especially and massively underperformed..

So far I've felt Emery deserves another season, but he needs to show more the rest of the season.. Even if the results is not there, we need to play better, more offensive football, there has to be a clear plan we are building towards(and that better not be this **** system with fullbacks being the main offensive weapon) and something that gives hope that things will be better in the future. There's 0% chance I'll ever back a negative manager, that's just principles..
I wish I could give you a bunch of likes. Like, I dunno, choose a random number.. . let's say 10.

hope1

Lol at his post match interview when he replied about questions related to Özil.

He is basically saying we don't need Özil coz this squad is good enough????

Is he mad or what?

Someone put some sense in him.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I think it has to be his bad English. He can't possibly have left our best player out of the match squad. Even Lichtsteiner makes it ffs.

Not in the first eleven.. okay.. but match squad?

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I like Emery. but he needs to stop pissing around with 4 at the back and leaving out our best cm in Torreria and biggest star in Özil out for London derbies.

say yes

forum master baiter
The argument that he needs the players to implement his style is a flawed one. He should be implementing his style regardless. Problem is I don't think he has one

Why is it a flawed one? What if, for example, his style revolves around natural width? How is he supposed to implement that style regardless?

Was it flawed to suggest Guardiola needed better fullbacks and a more competent goalkeeper than he had in his first season to implement his style?

Reactions: A_G

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Apparently Unai Emery should be taking advice from people who thought Olivier Giroud was an elite player.

Lovely stuff.
It's modern football fans you going to read hear some stupid opinions we been patient with wenger for his last 5-6 years why can't we be patient with Unai

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Emery: “I think the result is bad. We lost a great opportunity to take three points. We wanted to do a better match. Looking at the chances in the match from them and us I think maybe the result is not what we deserved.”

Emery on Özil: “I decided the players who are the best for this match. We win with him and lose with him. Not one player is for sale.” “He’s working this week normally. Like I said we win with him and lose with him. Today the decision is to come with these players.”

Emery: “We didn’t concede a lot of chances but we conceded metres on the pitch and these metres took a lot of corners. They scored from the corner and then the match changed. We created some chances but it isn’t enough.”

Stubborn fool. I thought Emery was the kind of manager who doesn't make excuses for bad performances and calls out players for it. But apparently that's true only for Mesut Özil.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
General consensus here was that Wenger had no tactics, didn't coach defense, never reacted to anything happening during the games just subbed out the same players at the same time no matter what, made every player worse to the point you couldn't judge them until you saw them under a new manager and had no offensive system; just let the players do whatever they wanted..

If Emery can't come in and immediately improve on that, what does that say about him?

Only way what we are seeing now is not disappointing is if Wenger only failed as a "squad builder" and not as a manager, which is not true as Wenger couldn't get the best out of the squad the last 2 years especially and massively underperformed..

So far I've felt Emery deserves another season, but he needs to show more the rest of the season.. Even if the results is not there, we need to play better, more offensive football, there has to be a clear plan we are building towards(and that better not be this **** system with fullbacks being the main offensive weapon) and something that gives hope that things will be better in the future. There's 0% chance I'll ever back a negative manager, that's just principles..
Good post but what does the bolded bit mean?

pikey2000

I'm sure we will revert to a back 4 again as soon as Monreal is fully fit, the combo of injuries at CB and Monreal out at LB leaving is with Kolasinac that is a wing back forced him into a back 3 imo.

I think, if we can get a run of fitness from Monreal, Kos, Sokratis, Bellerin we will see that become our back 4 for the rest of the season.

Reckon its injuries and a lack of real wingers in the squad that has saw us go to a back 3, rather than Emery preferring the formation.

I'm hoping the remainder of the season see's us play out 4-2-3-1 and with consistency will come the performances. Time will tell.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I'm sure we will revert to a back 4 again as soon as Monreal is fully fit, the combo of injuries at CB and Monreal out at LB leaving is with Kolasinac that is a wing back forced him into a back 3 imo.

I think, if we can get a run of fitness from Monreal, Kos, Sokratis, Bellerin we will see that become our back 4 for the rest of the season.

Reckon its injuries and a lack of real wingers in the squad that has saw us go to a back 3, rather than Emery preferring the formation.

I'm hoping the remainder of the season see's us play out 4-2-3-1 and with consistency will come the performances. Time will tell.
I don't think emery ever played 3 at the back at his time with psg or Sevilla we'll need to wait and see when he get the players at defense he want.

progman07

Established Member
He needs to sort his decisions out, because in the last 2 months, apart from the Sp**s game, we really suffered (partly due to injuries, but partly due to his decisions).

Also, if we do not manage to improve our defense with this personnel, then what's the difference between him and Wenger regarding coaching defense? And we all know Wenger did not care about coaching defense too much, don't we, so the benchmark is not exactly high.

The least I was expecting from a man who supposedly thinks more tactical is getting the most out of our team defensively, drilling them to be more compact and alert to danger.

Zaza

This guy is not a long term option and won't take us to the next level.
2 years and he's out. Get in the dude at Betis or Favre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom