• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You can’t justify Emery just because ‘we’ve scored a few good goals’ it was literally the same under Wenger.

Only difference is the defence and midfield is somehow worse despite additions. Özil and Ramsey have been frozen out because Emery is **** scared of star players. Next up on the chopping block with be either Laca or Auba to avoid a clique.

Utd will go above us either this week or the next. Yes, the same Mourinho team that we’ve been laughing at falling all season. Anyone that thinks Emery has been anything but a failure, so far, needs to get their head out the sand.

say yes

forum master baiter
Absolutely staggered by the delusion on this forum. If you thought Emery was going to turn this around in 6 months, that’s your problem.

You also lose all credibility when you say that we haven’t improved at all since Wenger / have declined. Either (a) you can’t remember how horrendous we were last season; or (b) you’ve abandoned all your critical faculties in your anti-Emery neurosis. Either way think I’m going to need a time-out from this hysterical ****-show. Made the mistake of thinking I was posting on a forum with adults. Even half the (now ironically named) ‘moderation’ team seems to have lost the plot. Absolutely pathetic.

We’ll be able to judge his performance better at the end of the season but at the moment Emery is getting more points with a Wenger squad than Wenger managed. End of.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Absolutely staggered by the delusion on this forum. If you thought Emery was going to turn this around in 6 months, that’s your problem.

You also lose all credibility when you say that we haven’t improved at all since Wenger / have declined. Either (a) you can’t remember how horrendous we were last season; or (b) you’ve abandoned all your critical faculties in your anti-Emery neurosis. Either way think I’m going to need a time-out from this hysterical ****-show. Made the mistake of thinking I was posting on a forum with adults. Even half the (now ironically named) ‘moderation’ team seems to have lost the plot. Absolutely pathetic.

We’ll be able to judge his performance better at the end of the season but at the moment Emery is getting more points with a Wenger squad than Wenger managed. End of.
Emery has also shown more solidity in big games barring the Anfield nightmare which in my opinion was quite sad the way we lost our lead and went behind. Vs Chelsea away we should have come away with points, and then we beat Sp**s and were comfortable home to Lpool and away to United. It's an improvement.

We are in bad form right now, players and managers always go through bad patches, how they get out of it is what shows you how much quality they have. As you said give it until the end of the seasonl as long as we dont totally fall off this season Emery deserves another summer window to rebuild

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
You can’t justify Emery just because ‘we’ve scored a few good goals’ it was literally the same under Wenger.

Only difference is the defence and midfield is somehow worse despite additions. Özil and Ramsey have been frozen out because Emery is **** scared of star players. Next up on the chopping block with be either Laca or Auba to avoid a clique.

Utd will go above us either this week or the next. Yes, the same Mourinho team that we’ve been laughing at falling all season. Anyone that thinks Emery has been anything but a failure, so far, needs to get their head out the sand.

I wasn’t justifying him because of a few good goals. The point was our play had got better by October/November and the performances were better going forward. There was more variety to our play. The injuries and change of formation have somewhat derailed the progress we were making. Part of that is on Emery, part of that is down to bad luck.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I wasn’t justifying him because of a few good goals. The point was our play had got better by October/November and the performances were better going forward. There was more variety to our play. The injuries and change of formation have somewhat derailed the progress we were making. Part of that is on Emery, part of that is down to bad luck.

Don’t recall Wenger ever getting away with the injuries excuse and nor should Emery or any manager. Part of the job is to be able to cope and work effectively round it. What did Emery do? Oh yeah he took apart our most effective midfield pairing and chucked one in at CB.

We’ve improved in a few positions but gone back in others, overall his achieved nothing, and if we lose Özil after Ramsey arugably worse off than we were.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi

Emery's got literally 2 more points than Wenger did last season at this point, and with signings like Aubameyang, Sokratis, Leno and Torreira around without losing any key player. We were 5 points away from the top 4 compared to the 6 now.

You can convince yourself as much as you want but you're just straight up wrong about Emery doing a better job so far.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Emery's got literally 2 more points than Wenger did last season at this point, and with signings like Aubameyang, Sokratis, Leno and Torreira around without losing any key player. We were 5 points away from the top 4 compared to the 6 now.

You can convince yourself as much as you want but you're just straight up wrong about Emery doing a better job so far.
It's almost the same as last year good at home but not good enough away it's also confirmed to me that 75% of our squad not good enough to get into top4 will only take Leno bellerin Sokratis Torreira laca auba into next season and that's it I'm being harsh? Maybe but that's reality we give many of our squad chance to turn things around and they failed even with new manager they still making same mistakes putting average performance most of the games.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
This thread is an embarrassment and I want any non-Arsenal lurkers to know the more hysterical views do not reperesent the sentiment of the majority of reasoned Arsenal fans.

Give the guy a couple of seasons, if we’re not progressing then jog him on, fair enough.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Most of the squad is not top 4 material. If a complete clear out is needed then fair enough. If Chelsea had some decent strikers and Jose wasnt being Jose we would be even further behind. We need at least 6-7 new players by the start of next season.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Most of the squad is not top 4 material. If a complete clear out is needed then fair enough. If Chelsea had some decent strikers and Jose wasnt being Jose we would be even further behind. We need at least 6-7 new players by the start of next season.
so without CL, and no input from our beloved owner, and no players to sell for mega bucks, where are the funds for these players to come from?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Emery is trying to replace Özil and Ramsey with Banega and Suarez...Does it make sense???? EmeryOut
The arguments for Ramsey and Özil are week as they had plenty of chances in the past yet still we were on the same results as we are without them. Playing them or not doesn't change anything here.
I would like to see more of Özil behind to strikers and with one CB less on the field, but I don't expect better results just because Özil is back.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
The arguments for Ramsey and Özil are week as they had plenty of chances in the past yet still we were on the same results as we are without them. Playing them or not doesn't change anything here.
I would like to see more of Özil behind to strikers and with one CB less on the field, but I don't expect better results just because Özil is back.

They are still better players than Guendouzi and Iwobi. He doesn't have to start them, but at least have them on the bench instead of 3 fullbacks.

The results may be the same, but the chances of winning may be a tad higher (and so could be our expectations if they play, tbf).

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I'm not really worried as of yet. Every fan kinda has there own goals and mine if simply CL football in one way or another. If we finish 7th and win EL I'm happy, if we finish 4th and lose next round of EL I'm happy.

If CL is achieved then we have a summer where we should see massive changes in personel and can start to judge things like Sven, Raul and Kronke without any excuses.

What I am worried about is the current football we play and have played over the last few months. The idea that we seem to rely on our full backs to assist it pretty dire and we need another route to goal.

At the start of the season we imo we're playing some really nice football but just looked sh*t defensively and I don't understand the change. Is it injuries? Did Emery realise that way of playing took it's toll on the players fitness? I am not sure.

I enjoy when we play out the back, I thought that was the whole reason we brought Leno in instead of Cech and now we barely implement it.

If this weird style of football continues over the next few weeks it'll get so rough for Emery because fans are clearly already turning and with Chelsea and United approaching wow will they turn.

Like I say CL football next year and us Arsenal fans should be extremely happy regardless of league finish or where we get to in the EL. Finally get rid of f*cking Puma as well.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I think people forgot how bad we were last season.

New managers normally need atleast 2 seasons to put their stamp on a team. Unfortunately with the knee jerk culture and the way football is atm, Emery will most likely get one - let’s assess him at the end of the season.

Furthermore, good luck finding a top class manager with no transfer budget lmao - the anger is misplaced.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
They are still better players than Guendouzi and Iwobi. He doesn't have to start them, but at least have them on the bench instead of 3 fullbacks.

The results may be the same, but the chances of winning may be a tad higher (and so could be our expectations if they play, tbf).
It's more about different flaws they bring to the team. I can understand why Emery wants Douzi before Ramsey, more quality on the ball and stable positioning, but he loses some qualities that Ramsey has like better end product. With Iwobi he gets more penetration ability and a bit more aggression in the attack while he loses class and intelligence of Özil. That's why I don't think we would be better one way or the other, we just miss a few well rounded players like Torreira in the team, players that have some extra qualities but are also good enough in other areas.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Yeah really think he was the wrong person to succeed Wenger. Wants to play nothing like Wengers side and is trying to rebuild the team and mold it his way with practically no money to spend. Don't really blame him, all top managers have their own distinctive style no matter where they go but when you've got limited funds to bring in your owns players to create a team in your vision it's near impossible.

Though one thing I will say, the way we've collapsed in the last few weeks not only with results but in terms of performances thinking back the the NLD win, it is pretty much the same as when we started to really collapse and let the top 4 get away from us last season too.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

At the moment why is Emery still playing a back 3? Bellerin is back fit, surely we can go back to a back 4?
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Koscielny Sead/Monreal
Xhaka Torreira
Iwobi Özil Auba
Lacazette

Bench
Cech, AMN, Guendozi, Sead/Monreal, Nketiah, Ramsey, El Neny/Mustafi

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We’ve kept 3 clean sheets in 22 games, only Fulham have kept fewer. We’ve conceded 32 goals, only 6 teams have conceded more than that. This is after buying a GK, CB, RB and DM in the summer. I know we were bad last season, but that’s just not good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom