• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Under 21 European Championship 2021

ThePortugueseGunner

Really liked the look of Bragança especially, looked a very quality footballer.

Portugal has a really special group of talent both at U21 and absolute levels. They look like the best team in that tournament and they look like they should maybe be favourites for the Euro cup (though dunno if Santos is a good manager? He's over-conservative and **** like most international managers, I guess?-- and yes, I know he won the Euro cup with Portugal, but don't really rate that Euro cup win too highly when they won on game in normal time against Wales).

First time I can remember being envious of our little neighbors 🤪

Our U21 team plays typically decent soccer--maybe they'll actually go far in the tournament because the good team spirit / good technical level goes along way at that level--but my god, if you compare that squad to U21 squads in past years, the gulf in talent is massive. Our U21 squads used to be loaded with massive talent. that one's got Brahim and then some more or less interesting ones like Barrenetxea, Pedrosa (would make a good LB back-down signing for Arsenal, IMO), Cuenca and Guillamón maybe?, Manu García I like but he's light-weight a bit like Bragança, Villar is doing well at Roma but I don't see anything that interesting there...

Far cry from teams of the last decade or so that were absolutely loaded with pearls.

Btw, Nketiah yesterday for England...really poor. Brewster came on and immediately upped England's level. Aside from really poor all around play, if a poacher finishes like that (had a golden chance), not much future...He needs a loan. Seems to have lost a bit of confidence and spirit.

If Bragança gets lucky enough to have managers who care for him and give him opportunities with some consistency, he will definitely be a part of future Portugal squads.

Totally agree with you regarding the Euros. All the stars in the universe aligned - it was great, but as it happens a lot of times, it was enough to fool most fans. Fernando Santos was never a great coach, and still isn't. Luck eventually ends, it's inevitable. Just look at the World Cup, we got eliminated very soon by Uruguay. You can't always expect to get lucky, you have to actually try to win games.

Keep in mind that Santos is one of the few managers that managed Portugal's "Big 3", and he failed tremendously at Sporting and Benfica. He won a title at Porto, but it was their fifth in a row, it wasn't a work of art by him...

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Really liked the look of Bragança especially, looked a very quality footballer.

Portugal has a really special group of talent both at U21 and absolute levels. They look like the best team in this tournament and they look like they should maybe be favourites for the Euro cup (though dunno if Santos is a good manager? He's over-conservative and **** like most international managers, I guess?-- and yes, I know he won the Euro cup with Portugal, but don't really rate that Euro cup win too highly when they won on game in normal time against Wales).

First time I can remember being envious of our little neighbors 🤪

Our U21 team plays typically decent soccer--maybe they'll actually go far in the tournament because the good team spirit / good technical level goes along way at that level--but my god, if you compare this squad to U21 squads in past years, the gulf in talent is massive. Our U21 squads used to be loaded with massive talent. This one's got Brahim and then some more or less interesting ones like Barrenetxea, Pedrosa (would make a good LB back-up signing for Arsenal, IMO), Cuenca and Guillamón maybe?, Manu García I like but he's light-weight a bit like Bragança, Villar is doing well at Roma but I don't see anything that interesting there...

Far cry from teams of the last decade or so that were absolutely loaded with pearls.

Btw, Nketiah today for England...really poor. Brewster came on and immediately upped England's level. Aside from really poor all around play, if a poacher finishes like that (had a golden chance), not much future...He needs a loan. Seems to have lost a bit of confidence and spirit.

Bit random but why was "football" changed to "soccer", lol?

Guess it's some kind of mod setting/joke like how Ødegaard changes when you write it?

Well, that answers my question, you can't write f00tball for some reason...

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
A shame Guendouzi can't play for France now.

But the team from France still looks incredible talented.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Aouar and Edouard have been pretty quiet. Ikone has stood out, as have the two French CBs obviously. Malacia has been good for the Netherlands I think.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
That France U21 team is ridiculous. On transfermarkt their squad value is about 500m with players like Camavinga, Upamecano, Konaté, Diaby, Ikoné. The amount of high quality talents France porduces in its academies is just staggering.

NieThePiet

Not an undeserved equalizer for the Netherlands.

England and France with a similar problem - much talent, but not the best coach for this.

NieThePiet

What a stupid foul from Guillamon for the equalizer Croatia.

And Netherlands has won it in the last minute 🤣

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Great counter from Holland there. Only seen the last 15 mins but Boadu and Kluivert look like they've linked well.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Ripoli should be fired. That team is so talented and should be walking over the competition.
That is simply a massive failure.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Overall not great from France. Disappointed with Edouard, game totally passed him by. Aouar was more involved but lacked the final ball. Caqueret though, that guy is different class. I expect next season he'll explode at Lyon and summer 2022 the big clubs will be making huge offers for him.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Overall not great from France. Disappointed with Edouard, game totally passed him by. Aouar was more involved but lacked the final ball. Caqueret though, that guy is different class. I expect next season he'll explode at Lyon and summer 2022 the big clubs will be making huge offers for him.

Edouard has no business leading that line. Gouiri is a much better player.

Latest posts

Top Bottom