• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Urby Emanuelson

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Ajax's Emanuelson linked

26 August 2007
HOTLINE - Urby's Eman for the Gunners
BARCLAYS PREMIERSHIP
Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger is trailing Ajax left-back Urby Emanuelson. It would cost around £5million to take the Holland international, 21, to the Emirates.

kym7224

we been linked with him last year,

but I can't see it happening now.

Clichy doing great at the moment.

KY

Established Member
yeah, and with traore coming up. getting urby will seriously hinder traore's progress. unless he's planning on using urby as a winger...

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
wheres the link?? i aint believing that!!
but he has a great cross on him, the amount of times i see him set up huntelaar with final balls in and around the box
hes defensively poor but can get away with it in the dutch league.
our goal against ajax, it was him that was way out of position but urby is a good attacker

Lancelot

Established Member
Yep, and then we convert Clichy to a left winger just to solve the existing issue of our wide areas.

Way to go Arsène if this rumour is true. :roll:

guinertron

Lancelot said:
Yep, and then we convert Clichy to a left winger just to solve the existing issue of our wide areas.

has not worked with Eboue so i doubt Wenger would bother doing the same on the left

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
First, I doubt the validity of this report. Second, on the LB position, the team have Clichy as definite starter and Gallas as an experienced makeshift, with Traor lined up in wait. Third, I'd rather the club go for Di Maria.

guinertron

tactica442 said:
First, I doubt the validity of this report. Second, on the LB position, the team have Clichy as definite starter and Gallas as an experienced makeshift, with Traor lined up in wait. Third, I'd rather the club go for Di Maria.

yeah, agree with most but had he wanted Angel Di Maria he would have taken him up before the player went to Benfica

Paddy from Sweden

Lancelot said:

Would be better to convert Urby to left wing and keep Clichy at LB. If it ain't broken...

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
left back needs strengthening imo with traore still looking shaky there.

5m for him is a good deal. means we have another sort of winger too

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
It's pretty obvious to me that he would be signed to give more competition on the left-hand side of midfield. Clichy is pretty untouchable at left-back.

number_0

Established Member
i am welcome for a new signing, remember how we all said that we didnt need sagna, hope it turns out the same, plus we need more left footers in defence.

asajoseph

Established Member
I've never really been that impressed when I've seen Emmanuelson.

Not really sure he's a player we need, to be honest.

longrufus

Established Member
Never really rated the guy to be honest, decent player but not Arsenal quality. A non starter for me.

dutchMasta

Haven't seen much, but from what I've seen, not great either. One of the few rumours that doesn't interest me.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
number_0 said:
i am welcome for a new signing, remember how we all said that we didnt need sagna, hope it turns out the same, plus we need more left footers in defence.
Before I said I doubt the truth of this report. But now I change my mind. I hold the opinion similar to number_0's. Wenger might have quite a different view regarding the issue of lack of width. AW signed Sagna and move Eboue to RM, so maybe AW might do the same on the left. Another possible cause for this reported interest might be related to Modric. Emauelson could be a Plan B if Modric not to move to Arsenal.

Emanuelson isn't valued too much and have potential (how much is another question) for further improvement. He looks like Wenger-type target to me. Emanuelson is cup-tied now as he featured the first leg of the AJAX-Slavia Prague round. But I don't think this would reduce Wenger's interest. It didn't stop Wenger from signing Ade (Zigic was cup-tied during that time, I believed) and being interested in the cup-tied Modric. Maybe Wenger just tried to use cup-tied as a way to get his bargains.

I am not saying Emanuelson is an ideal target yet he might fit Wenger's bill (not ordinary Arsenal fans').

[EDIT] This may not mean anything. Urby Emanuelson's agent is Winnie Haatrecht, who happens to represent Babel. http://tinyurl.com/ynok4e

Top Bottom