• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Urby Emanuelson

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
MDGoonah41 said:
If Wenger buys a new left back, then I think it's safe to say he's just trying to wind us up.
Emanuelson's best position is left mdifield. He is no real left fullback, despite playing that position. Defensively he isn't good enough to be a left fullback, certainly not for us.

beepos

clockwork orange said:
MDGoonah41 said:
If Wenger buys a new left back, then I think it's safe to say he's just trying to wind us up.
Emanuelson's best position is left mdifield. He is no real left fullback, despite playing that position. Defensively he isn't good enough to be a left fullback, certainly not for us.

so I take it that he's nowhere near Clichy?
I wonder if this either a ruse to sign some other player or just lazy journalism.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
ive already just like other that watches dutch football have desrcibed his qualities here but its lazy journo talk imo

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

clockwork orange said:
MDGoonah41 said:

Is he good enough to be a left midfielder though? because that might be the position Wenger wants him for.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
celestis said:
clockwork orange said:
MDGoonah41 said:

Is he good enough to be a left midfielder though? because that might be the position Wenger wants him for.
Not sure about that, guess that means no.

@beepos
Indeed as left fullback Clichy >>> Emanuelson.

leo_ense

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.football-italia.net/29365/arsenal-look-emanuelson" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.football-italia.net/29365/ar ... emanuelson</a>

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
non-starter? check

doesnt have clear position? check

probably cheap? check

sounds like a Wenger signing to me.. (that said, no thanks, and not likely)

Sam the Duck

USArsenal said:
non-starter? check

doesnt have clear position? check

probably cheap? check

sounds like a Wenger signing to me.. (that said, no thanks, and not likely)

In fairness, when did Wenger last buy a player who didn't start for his team?

It sounds like a typical 2013 Winter transfer window link to me. Let's hope that there is no truth in it.

coopsollini

Does he play as a left back, or left mid-field?

1.76m tall, 68kg ...we need some physical power in the team not another 10 stone light weight.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
As Usarsenal say he is average he is not the same player he used to be as ajax, and i really don't know what position he play some times on wings some times attacking midfield and also central midfield lol.

Giroud

Established Member
Can't get a game in Milan's worst team in years. Not the real quality we need in attack, do not want at all.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Doesn't play left back anymore, everytime I've seen him for AC it's been wide left or in a free role (fcuk knows why). NO thankyou

GDeep™

League is very weak
Getting linked to some really dodgy players recently - Urby, Remy, Negredo, Villa, Sissoko etc.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I have leftfield views on certain issues, doesn't make me a wum, I just think a little different on things.

I'm in the minority on Villa, I think, but I don't want us smashing transfer records for 31 year olds from Spain, a player who has had a serious injury. Coming to the English League too, very risky for me unless he is free or cheap, under 10M.

Villa comes under 'dodgy' as does Negredo, I'm not sure he is good enough for the very top clubs.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
leo_ense said:
GDeep said:
Getting linked to some really dodgy players recently - Urby, Remy, Negredo, Villa, Sissoko etc.

:lol: stop taking the piss you wum. Would you rather be linked to Zaha? :lol:

I'd rather have Zaha than any of those mentioned. As GDeep said, Villa is 31, still finding form from a serious injury and will cost way more than what's justified. Negredo is not good enough, probably about equal to Giroud.

Villa would be, if he performs, a bandaid to your current troubles - same as Arshavin was a few years back. He could probably bang in a fair amount of goals this season and maybe next season, but then what? You're stuck with a 32-33 year old on huge wages with no resale value.

Zaha could act as cover for the entire front 3 now and he'd only improve. He would also demand probably less than half the wages Villa would, which frees up room for getting in another player.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom