• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Useless International matches

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

While I know International managers don't have the time to implement complex systems, Southgate has very much got into the territory of trying to play exactly the same way regardless of who is on the pitch or the who is available for selection. You can do that if you are Pep and can buy whoever you want and have a system that is proven to be incredibly successful, but not if you have a national pool and are getting diminishing results.

As you say you compared him to pep who has his players everyday and can work on patterns. To demand Southgate get players from different clubs and make them coherent as a club is madness. Southgate has done brilliant job

Englands failure has been their big players failed to turn up in crucial moments. Look at Harry Kane. 2018 wc semi final 120 mins 0 goals. 3rd place game vs Belgium 0 goals

2020 euro final vs Ital 0 goals. 2022 QF vs France 1 pen scored. 1 pen missed you make it 2-2. Crucial moment his star players never turn up. He had ShW and Trippier score only in those games.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
You are right and international managers have such little time to work on systems, I believe you need an unbelievable motivator almost as much as a tactician. Sadly, dopey Gareth doesn't appear to be either of those things.

Another reason for scrapping these stupid mid season international friendlies and just having an international mini season at the end of the domestic season - you actually have time to work with your squad on a system.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Southgate has done brilliant job

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Another reason for scrapping these stupid mid season international friendlies and just having an international mini season at the end of the domestic season - you actually have time to work with your squad on a system.
that’s the dumbest thing I read. Have a mini season after the season. Let’s players play 12 months a year.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

that’s the dumbest thing I read. Have a mini season after the season. Let’s players play 12 months a year.

Holy **** :lol: They're playing the matches anyway numbnuts. You just move all the international matches to the end of the season, everything else is the same.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Holy **** :lol: They're playing the matches anyway numbnuts. You just move all the international matches to the end of the season, everything else is the same.

It’s dumb because you want to extend the season so international managers can have the players train to work in their system before playing. So you given them 2-3 weeks to train then start playing games? Season ends late June. It’s stupid.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

It’s dumb because you want to extend the season so international managers can have the players train to work in their system before playing. So you given them 2-3 weeks to train then start playing games? Season ends late June. It’s stupid.

Jfc :lol: imagine having to explain this :lol::lol:

So you know when England played Belgium? Now imagine if you can, a world in which that date was reserved for Arsenal vs Luton instead. You know when England played Brazil? Imagine a world where Arsenal played Man City on that date instead. As if by magic, the season would end sooner!

God Of War Magic GIF by Santa Monica Studio

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Jfc :lol: imagine having to explain this :lol::lol:

So you know when England played Belgium? Now imagine if you can, a world in which that date was reserved for Arsenal vs Luton instead. You know when England played Brazil? Imagine a world where Arsenal played Man City on that date instead. As if by magic, the season would end sooner!

God Of War Magic GIF by Santa Monica Studio
If you can’t see how dumb this is I don’t know what to tell you. It doesn’t address your plan on working on tactics. All you doing is cramping all the international games in a month and between rest and recovery there won’t be much time for anything else. And when this period is over Southgate won’t see his players in 11 months. It’s much better for him to see his players every 3 months even in smaller time to get some sort of continuity.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

If you can’t see how dumb this is I don’t know what to tell you.

Perhaps actually make some valid points instead of just saying it is stupid. Rest/recovery is suddenly an issue now :lol: this would be exactly the same either way, the season is the same length, the amount of games is the same, the break between seasons is exactly the same etc. as you're just re-arranging the games that are already being played...But with the huge upsides of no push-pull mid season between club and country, players not involved in international fixtures get a longer break between seasons, fans don't have to wait weeks between domestic matches, international coaches can have 3-4 matches before a Euros/World Cup in addition to the matches they already get to prepare their squad etc.

I'm open to criticism that isn't mouth dribblingly moronic

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Foden as a RWF for England doesn't work, if Southgate wasn't an idiot he has to be considering dual 8s Foden/Bellingham and Rice behind with Foden taking up a similar role to Ødegaard. Saka has been far better at RWF + with loads of top performances for England in that position already.

The thing is, Rice's ability to cover so much ground allows Southgate the luxury of being able to play two #8s with the profile of Foden/Bellingham. There is no need to have a double pivot at least for most games that England would play.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Perhaps actually make some valid points instead of just saying it is stupid. Rest/recovery is suddenly an issue now :lol: this would be exactly the same either way, the season is the same length, the amount of games is the same, the break between seasons is exactly the same etc. as you're just re-arranging the games that are already being played...But with the huge upsides of no push-pull mid season between club and country, players not involved in international fixtures get a longer break between seasons, fans don't have to wait weeks between domestic matches, international coaches can have 3-4 matches before a Euros/World Cup in addition to the matches they already get to prepare their squad etc.

I'm open to criticism that isn't mouth dribblingly moronic
So a World Cup and Euro qualification is decided after the season just before the competition starts in June?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

But you have to do it anyway bruh, do you not realise this?
International football is designed for your best player to step up and shine. I don’t think changing the whole football schedule so international managers can have more time with their players would change Englands fortunes. Again England problems has always been their best players don’t perform in big games Kane, Rooney, lampard, Gerrard etc etc

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

But you have to do it anyway bruh, do you not realise this?

I’d get behind this tbh.

Fkn hate intl breaks. And I couldn’t care less about intl football until Bangladesh finally joins the party anyway (so probably sometime after I’m dead)

It’s just such poor quality and usually a dreadful watch. I just watch the semis / finals of major tournaments these days. I think being able to drill and coach the players over a whole month would do wonders for the standards of intl football.

Top Bottom