• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Useless International matches

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Bilic was right, we have no passers in MF. All these games have done is make Jack more of a certainty. You don't have to rate him to acknowledge we have NOTHING else like him.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Took a break from football during the international break, but wish I watched the Spain-Argentina match, seems like I missed an Isco masterclass ffs..

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Was this strongest England team they have? Recipe for disaster.

Kane for Vardy (though I love Vardy) and yeah it's probably the strongest team, Lallana/Wilshere for Ox too. They just don't have the quality or experience to really do something at this tournament. Quarters is the best they can hope for but that'll be a good tournament for them in my eyes.

My team would be.

Pickford
Walker Stones Maguire
Trippier Lallana Dier Lingard Rose
Sterling
Kane​

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Kane for Vardy (though I love Vardy) and yeah it's probably the strongest team, Lallana/Wilshere for Ox too. They just don't have the quality or experience to really do something at this tournament. Quarters is the best they can hope for but that'll be a good tournament for them in my eyes.

My team would be.

Pickford
Walker Stones Maguire
Sterling
Kane​
No Alli?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

My team would be.

Pickford
Walker Stones Maguire
Sterling
Kane​
Agree with this line up apart from walker and lallana walker very poor at the back if he has to play then should be RWB and if jack stay fit he better option than Lallana

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Spain Germany Brazil are levels ahead anyone else only France come close to them talent wise but moy convinced yet and they always bottle

Agree. It's strange because objectively all national teams probably spend the same amount of time training together, but it feels like those 3 know each other much better and play like more cohesive club teams. Whereas sides like England so often look like a team of disjointed strangers, even France don't quite have that overarching fluidity despite all their talent.

Spain and Brazil especially at the moment, both those camps look like they all know each other so well. I'd love to see them face off at some point.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
For me I see Alli fighting with Lingard for a spot in the team and Lingard is in better form, has better ball retention and suites what Southgate wants far more than Alli does.
That's a fair shout, but I'd have to find a way to get them both in if possible. It'd be difficult and Lingard does deserve a spot.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Agree. It's strange because objectively all national teams probably spend the same amount of time training together, but it feels like those 3 know each other much better and play like more cohesive club teams. Whereas sides like England so often look like a team of disjointed strangers, even France don't quite have that overarching fluidity despite all their talent.

Spain and Brazil especially at the moment, both those camps look like they all know each other so well. I'd love to see them face off at some point.
France if they get it together they'll be among the favorites because in every position of the pitch they have quality players.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I know many will disagree with me but Alli will get found out in world cup refs won't fall into his diving and antics specially there is VAR.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Not sold on Danny Rose tbh. Alli has issues adapting with Southgate's England. Apart from that it's pretty easy to guess the rest.

Pickford
Walker Stones Maguire
Trippier Oxlade Dier Lingard Young
Sterling
Kane

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Still can't believe Italy bottle it and didn't qualify they got many talented players poor choice of manager cost them their fa is as corrupted as their government. Talks about Conte or Ancelotti going to be the next national team manager

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Looks like Argentina still haven't figured out a way to play. They limped, lucked and Messi'ed their way to the last final, but in 4 years you've got to do more than just say "fingers crossed Messi does the business". I know the've got a lot of problems sorting between Messi, Dybala, Higuain, Icardi and Di Maria (even Lanzini, Pavon and Lautaro), but they've had 4 years to figure this out. Also need to play Banega further back maybe next to Paredes or Biglia, and Mammana in defence.

I'm aware that the Argentinian FA is a total shambles, but they've had the best player on the planet for over a decade and a few months before the World Cup they still look like they're scrambling around in the dark. Pisses me off, it's the one team I'd really love to see play well.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It's weird how the best managers don't manage their countries. Simeone/Pochettino for Argentina, Mourinho for Portugal, Allegri/Ancelotti for Italy. You could even say Guardiola for Spain (political stuff aside).

Surely the football associations of each nation would be doing everything in their power to get the best manager in the job, and for the manager the biggest honour is surely managing your country?

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Looks like Argentina still haven't figured out a way to play. They limped, lucked and Messi'ed their way to the last final, but in 4 years you've got to do more than just say "fingers crossed Messi does the business". I know the've got a lot of problems sorting between Messi, Dybala, Higuain, Icardi and Di Maria (even Lanzini, Pavon and Lautaro), but they've had 4 years to figure this out. Also need to play Banega further back maybe next to Paredes or Biglia, and Mammana in defence.

I'm aware that the Argentinian FA is a total shambles, but they've had the best player on the planet for over a decade and a few months before the World Cup they still look like they're scrambling around in the dark. Pisses me off, it's the one team I'd really love to see play well.
messi can't do it alone they just don't have the midfield or defense to compete

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
It's weird how the best managers don't manage their countries. Simeone/Pochettino for Argentina, Mourinho for Portugal, Allegri/Ancelotti for Italy. You could even say Guardiola for Spain (political stuff aside).

Surely the football associations of each nation would be doing everything in their power to get the best manager in the job, and for the manager the biggest honour is surely managing your country?
I think they'll just refuse because they prefer more club football even if its more stressful

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

Looking at their team I don't recognize half the names there, yet players like Icardi and Dybala can't make it.. Seems like Sampaoli is going to do a Maradona where he left out Cambiasso and Zanetti and opted for joke footballers instead.. Argentina should in theory have enough talent to be great, but they just can't maximise the talent of the team.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Looking at their team I don't recognize half the names there, yet players like Icardi and Dybala can't make it.. Seems like Sampaoli is going to do a Maradona where he left out Cambiasso and Zanetti and opted for joke footballers instead.. Argentina should in theory have enough talent to be great, but they just can't maximise the talent of the team.
They have amazing talent upfront or on wings but in midfield or defense is just average and most of them from Argentinian league because they don't have a good enough midfielder or center back playing aboard and their goal keeping options are poor Cabellero and Romero ffs :lol:

Top Bottom