• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Useless International matches

Suave Gooner89

Established Member
Johnny_Blaze said:
It sickens me how good Sterling is.

Think he might be the next British player to play for Real Madrid. On the plus side, we'll fund that deal by buying James. :twisted:

As long as it's not Ramsey...

We don't need James, we already have Özil. :wink:

In all seriousness, Chamberlain needs to kick on now - if it weren't for injuries I believe he could be at a similar level to Sterling.

Chappers

Ox is going through a dip in confidence atm. Sterling is really really good and atm he's better than Ox but, as Suave said, if the roles were reversed and Ox had a whole season without injury, it may have been Ox looking confident and superior.

We must be patient with our young players, especially those who have been out injured for extended periods over several seasons. Would be foolish to give up on a 20 year old who hasn't had a chance to play week in week out yet.

Giroud

Established Member
I think players like Ox who have such strong physical traits can have a hard time adapting to the senior game after bossing youth level with their physicality. Ronaldo and Bale only fulfilled their true potential as they approached their physical peak, years after breaking into the senior game. Ox has just turned 21 and seems to be going through a similar patch to many other players like him. It will come good for him eventually as he's got the speed, dribbling and shot to really become a top player but I doubt he'll have much of an impact this season.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Nice match from Welbergkamp, made a few nice runs and that exchange with Sturridge and the cross was decent play, even though nothing came of it.

amirkat

Established Member
DJ_Markstar said:
Nice match from Welbergkamp, made a few nice runs and that exchange with Sturridge and the cross was decent play, even though nothing came of it.

:lol: That's a new one.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
DJ_Markstar said:
Vibra said:
GOONER1991 said:
Need to stop denying it now. Sterling is special.

I've never seen acceleration like his before

Really?

Obviously la', Sterling's better than Messi already, has more pace than Bolt and better stamina than Gebrselassie, anyone who claims otherwise is a heretic.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

amirkat said:
DJ_Markstar said:

Imagine the ****storm if I decided to nickname him Welboue :lol: :lol:

Welbergkamp fits better anyway, since he's going to enter beast mode.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

jones said:
DJ_Markstar said:
Vibra said:
I've never seen acceleration like his before

Really?

Obviously la', Sterling's better than Messi already, has more pace than Bolt and better stamina than Gebrselassie, anyone who claims otherwise is a heretic.

:lol:

He's also better at swearing than Gordon Ramsey, and with better hair than Bacary Sagna's cousin.

I'm sure I could name 10 players with comparable acceleration tbh, he barely got to a ball ahead of a very average Norwegian RB, The equivalent for me would be burning Ulrika Johnson for pace.

Not to say he isn't quick or anything of the sort, just that he's not out-of-this-world fast.

blaze_of_glory

DJ_Markstar said:
amirkat said:
DJ_Markstar said:

Imagine the ****storm if I decided to nickname him Welboue :lol: :lol:

Welbergkamp fits better anyway, since he's going to enter beast mode.

In my head I've for some reason been calling him the Welbatross.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
b104ba2e-4c5d-4e5f-a662-6cb28d33005f_Hiddink_BLIND_Nistelrode_580x435.jpg

Daddy - the plaice - Blind using his elbows on official Dutch management team pic.

vantoure

Chappers said:
Ox is going through a dip in confidence atm. Sterling is really really good and atm he's better than Ox but, as Suave said, if the roles were reversed and Ox had a whole season without injury, it may have been Ox looking confident and superior.

We must be patient with our young players, especially those who have been out injured for extended periods over several seasons. Would be foolish to give up on a 20 year old who hasn't had a chance to play week in week out yet.

Until the penalty, I thought ox was the better of the two. He was involved with more passess and taking responsibility on the pitch.

After the penalty, sterling stepped up a great, by this time ox was oft.

Overall, I think sterling is benefiting from consistent playing time, which ox hadn't got due to injuries and competition for playing time.

But when I remember his bayern and Milan performances, then it is encouraging.

But yeah, it's difficult to confine denying that sterling is quite good.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Hodgson saying England will have to play like Norway against Switzerland on Monday, he also took a journo to task when they said they only had 2 shots on target. "What about all the shots they jumped in front of?" was his reply.

The guy is a fossil, just give the job to someone who is young and plays attacking football, England actually has the players for it now.

been

Can anyone PM me a link to watch replays of the france vs Spain friendly today?

Proof

Established Member
Indeed!

My favorite non-Arsenal player, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, is now Sweden's all-time goalscorer with 50 goals in 99 games.

BwtYfbpCMAAjCO_.jpg

"Ni gjorde det möjligt" = "You made it possible."

Top Bottom