• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Useless International matches

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
Ronaldo currently sat on 98 international goals. Away at Luxembourg I can see him hitting 100.

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
England are surely third favourites for this behind Belgium and maybe Spain? Though the dross they've played in qualifying doesn't help in seeing where they're at.

Take it for what it's worth but England are favourites with some bookmakers. It's probably just over optimistic fans betting after the midweek result. Come the start of the Euro's (barring major injuries) I suspect Belgium, Spain & France will probably all go off slightly shorter favourites than England.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Ahead of France? Historically England always smash the group stages and come up short when it matters, it’ll be no different now with Southgate in charge.

Talent is there, but the composure to play in critical moments and big game management is lacking.

It's all about mentality.Team had quality to go far in some tournaments.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Ahead of France? Historically England always smash the group stages and come up short when it matters, it’ll be no different now with Southgate in charge.

Talent is there, but the composure to play in critical moments and big game management is lacking.
France have Giroud as their lead striker, he'll be 34 by the time the Euros come round? They really struggled against Moldova.

I think the young generation of English players plays with a confidence and freedom on the international scene (club and country) which hasn't been there for yonks, partly due to the dominance which the PL is gradually grinding out over the other major leagues. Whether they will be ready for next year, I don't know. But if they make it to the semis at least then it starts to become a habit and the chances of actually winning something increase.

GDeep™

League is very weak
France have Giroud as their lead striker, he'll be 34 by the time the Euros come round? They really struggled against Moldova.

I think the young generation of English players plays with a confidence and freedom on the international scene (club and country) which hasn't been there for yonks, partly due to the dominance which the PL is gradually grinding out over the other major leagues. Whether they will be ready for next year, I don't know. But if they make it to the semis at least then it starts to become a habit and the chances of actually winning something increase.
Giroud has been excellent in the qualifiers, doubt he’s going to fall off in the next 6 months.

France for me tick all the boxes, great in every position, great squad in case of injuries, tournament winning experience, big characters.

England have a good attack but I think the defence is questionable and the midfield will let them down.

GDeep™

League is very weak
France
Spain, Germany
Belgium, Netherlands
England, Italy, Portugal

How I rank them. Might even be tempted to drop England in a group lower alongside Croatia.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

England's defence and midfield will let them down, especially in the big games, I'm not even convinced 4-3-3 is the best way to go for them against tougher opposition, at least playing 3-5-2 masked some of the weaknesses of the likes of Maguire and Stones.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I put Italy in a group lower than the Dutch but I’m pretty sure if they met in a a semi final or something, the Italians will find a way to beat them.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Should be very competitive Euro.

I would never write off teams like Italy,Germany,Spain and France.And we have teams like Belgium,England and Portugal now.

The White Pelè

Human Highlight Reel
France
Belgium Spain Italy
Portugal Germany

I don't trust England in a big tournament, while we have come back well after the WC disappointment in 2017. Should do well in the summer.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Also

EJXHSalWsAAKIZQ
Puked on my phone before i could find a puke gif

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Tyrone Mings shows that having excellent physical attributes doesn't necessarily mean you'll be a top CB. Don't get the hype at all, well I mean he's playing for Villa nearing his prime after being deemed not good enough for Bournemouth so that says a lot.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Tyrone Mings shows that having excellent physical attributes doesn't necessarily mean you'll be a top CB. Don't get the hype at all, well I mean he's playing for Villa nearing his prime after being deemed not good enough for Bournemouth so that says a lot.

If you look at England’s centre back options in the 2000s, it really shows how bad the current defenders are in perspective...and I am not even talking just about the top tier of the Ferdinand’s, Terry’s or Campbell’s...if Ledley King and Jonathan Woodgate played today they would be starting every game, and they weren’t even on the same level as the previous three I mentioned...England were stacked back then!

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
If you look at England’s centre back options in the 2000s, it really shows how bad the current defenders are in perspective...and I am not even talking just about the top tier of the Ferdinand’s, Terry’s or Campbell’s...if Ledley King and Jonathan Woodgate played today they would be starting every game, and they weren’t even on the same level as the previous three I mentioned...England were stacked back then!

Think that England had good squad in near past,but they didn't have right system and management to compete in big stages.They needed a bit of luck in WC 2006 against Portugal for example.

Capello was rated manager,but he was only at one big competition with them and didn't play something special.Germany beat them with ease.

Hodgson wasn't good enough for that job.Apart from Euro 2012,they were very poor under him,despite having good squad.

Latest posts

Top Bottom