<

Useless International matches

Discussion in 'Football Talk' started by clockwork orange, Sep 3, 2014.

1. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

With Ramsey I think Raul simply didn’t want his 200k a week plus wages on the books.

2. Eaststander74

Eaststander74 Jury Lite II

Perceptions of footballers are contagious. Ramsey's mistake was entering god mode for about 6 months, when what he should have done to remain a favourite, was to just plod along and make a few 'come on lads' tweets every week. Once he dipped back down to welsh jesus level, it wasn't enough. He left with them wanting more. That's showbiz.

3. Notorious Big

Notorious Big Drunka In Friend Zone

Not at all.

4. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Even the 17/18 season, clearly our standout player (not that anyone was exactly 10/10 that season) yet for ages Monreal was leading the race to win POTS and many were perplexed that Ramsey was even a contender.

Once people have an idea of a player in their heads it's very hard for them to admit they're wrong. We're all guilty of it.

Rex Banter, Tosker and Riou like this.
  5. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

Needless ****ing yellow card as well, had a two goal lead by then and everything.

Bale and him need each other so badly in the set up. Hopefully James and Brooks will be fit in the summer, team can do some serious damage.

Squad won’t hopefully be as reliant on two players like it was in 2016.

Toby Andrl likes this.
  6. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

What squad would you say is better, now or 2016?

Think that’s the first time I watched yous since probably 2016, you looked good tonight...your 2016 was such a good underdog team though, very scrappy with big Williams at the back, and of course a great 1-2 punch up front in Bale and Ramsey...Allen was a little warrior in that tournament, and what happened to that random striker who Cruyff-turned the two Sp**s defenders in that Belgium game, is he still playing for Wales :lol:

Rex Banter likes this.
  7. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

With everyone fit, this squad hands down. Bale and Ramsey probably aren’t as good as they were four years ago but the supporting cast is miles better.

Joe Ledley, Chester, Vokes and Robson-Kanu had no business being in a top European competition yet were absolute rocks that summer.

This time round there are some genuine top talents in the squad. James, Wilson, Ampadu and Mepham are all well known but there’s still some crazy talents like Matondo and Tyler Roberts who haven’t featured in the NT much.

Also his ankle injury has made people forget about Brooks, he’s such a talented player who could star this summer if fit.

Good mix of experience and youth, great future for this side.

Toby Andrl and Riou like this.
  8. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  9. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

Got a soft spot for Wales due to of course Ramsey. Was really happy when I checked my phone after training and saw they won against Hungary. Think Ramsey and Bale got another 4 years in them as leading men during which all those talents can grow. 2016 has shown they can do great stuff and I'm pretty certain with Ramsey Wales would've gone past Portugal back then, so you never know about 2020, but I think WC 2022 and EC 2024 is where it's really at for Wales.

Mrs Bergkamp and Rex Banter like this.
  10. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Ceballos starting for Spain against Portugal.

11. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

Didn't know Adama Traore plays for Spain

12. Taneruit

Taneruit Well-Known Member

Goal for Switzerland, Xhaka assist.

13. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

@Manberg right now...

[​IMG]

EmeryCouldnt and Godwin1 like this.
  14. Manberg

Manberg Predator

:red:

EmeryCouldnt and Riou like this.
  15. Taneruit

Switzerland - Croatia 1:1 at half-time. Both teams (as anyone else I imagine) playing B-Team with some first teamers.

16. NieThePiet

NieThePiet Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

Beautiful goal from Giroud.
    Cavaminga scored his first goal too in his second game.

Giroud now on Place 2 in France goalscorer list, just Henry in front of him.

EmeryCouldnt likes this.
  17. carter777

carter777 Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

EmeryCouldnt and Oh_Snap like this.
  18. Taneruit

How has Ceballos done btw.for anyone watching Portugal-Spain?

19. Manberg

Manberg Predator

He’s been invisible. Rarely seen him on the ball.

Made a nice through ball at the beginning.

20. Taneruit

Xhaka's off for the second half (replaced by Freuler from Atalanta) as team gets rotated a bit.

Here's his assist

https://streamja.com/B4wRN

To be expected on a first outing. Hopefully comes alive in the second half. (if he stays on)

EmeryCouldnt likes this.