• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Useless International matches

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I couldn’t give a flying f*ck about Arsenal being internationals. Must be just me.

We still have Leno, Xhaka, Partey, Elneny, Tierney, Pepe, Saka, AMN plays more for England than us..but they all internationals.

it’s mainly France and Spain where we aren’t represented and as I type that, now I see why you guys are upset. The nations represented aren’t sexy enough for ya. No France or Spain internationals.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Look at Spain's national team just 10 years after winning the world cup:
Emj_8cLW4AAgcAi

F*cking abysmal.
I'm embarrassed Hector was even called up to play in this.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
@Tir Na Nog @BigPoppaPump- great memories and the list of names we had was phenomenal. I donr know if you guys recall, but I remember Wenger bemoaning the number of injuries we had after an international break. Some journo or commentator then said that he shouldn't have so many international players! As @BigPoppaPump said, look where we are now with the lot we currently have :facepalm::lol:. We have a pretty poor squad.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I remember Arsenal strikers being a mainstay for National teams until we signed your loverboy Lacazette that ruined it for us. Even Giroud bought back a World Cup. We had a world cup winner in 2010, 2014 and 2018 ffs. Henry, RVP, Giroud all leading their teams.
Giroud was at Chelsea by 2018 but we still sent him congratulations :facepalm:. I think since 1998-2014, we had a Gunner in the final of the WC. The euro count isn't too bad either iirc. We also had good players in the AFCON.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I couldn’t give a flying f*ck about Arsenal being internationals. Must be just me.

We still have Leno, Xhaka, Partey, Elneny, Tierney, Pepe, Saka, AMN plays more for England than us..but they all internationals.

it’s mainly France and Spain where we aren’t represented and as I type that, now I see why you guys are upset. The nations represented aren’t sexy enough for ya. No France or Spain internationals.

It's not about being sexy it's about having representation on top teams. The least I expect is Arsenal players being first choice for Switzerland and Egypt but as @Mrs Bergkamp said we had an Arsenal player in the WC final every year from 1998-2014 and now we don't even have players called up to the best national teams.

Also you should give a f*ck since the best players get called up to National teams, if our players don't get caps it means they're not good enough or haven't been performing.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

It's not about being sexy it's about having representation on top teams. The least I expect is Arsenal players being first choice for Switzerland and Egypt but as @Mrs Bergkamp said we had an Arsenal player in the WC final every year from 1998-2014 and now we don't even have players called up to the best national teams.

Also you should give a f*ck since the best players get called up to National teams, if our players don't get caps it means they're not good enough or haven't been performing.

Well Özil and some others won World Cup whilst with us and it didn't exactly translate at club level did it. I remember when Cesc was pushing through the Spanish NT when they were dominating and I personally didn't give a sh*t.

I have a strong bias towards club football, its more likely to be based on merit and less politics.
You have 17 year olds who have done nothing getting called up for England over guys who smash it in the prem week in week out, so to me it means nothing. Giroud doesn't even play for Chelsea but look at him.

There are also plenty of classy players over the years who have played for smaller nations. Think this is just something else for Arsenal fans to moan about.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Well Özil and some others won World Cup whilst with us and it didn't exactly translate at club level did it. I remember when Cesc was pushing through the Spanish NT when they were dominating and I personally didn't give a sh*t.

I have a strong bias towards club football, its more likely to be based on merit and less politics.
You have 17 year olds who have done nothing getting called up for England over guys who smash it in the prem week in week out, so to me it means nothing. Giroud doesn't even play for Chelsea but look at him.

There are also plenty of classy players over the years who have played for smaller nations. Think this is just something else for Arsenal fans to moan about.

There's definitely a correlation between the quality of the squad and how many national team players they have. In 2018 Man City won the league and they had the most national players in their squad. 2014 World Cup we had 3 winners in our squad and 2013/14 we had a pretty good year until we collapsed in the end compare that to 2018 where we finished 6th and only Welbeck represented us in the Semis.

The worse we got and the lower down the table we went the less national players we had at the top countries, it definitely means something even if you don't care or there's a small correlation. Also a sense of pride you get from watching Arsenal players do well in tournaments. I was gassed for Özil and Mertesacker and them.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Good England team I think. CM is abit dead. Ireland look terrible - Rice and Grealish could’ve been playing for them though.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i really would like Saka would play in more advanced role than LWB i don't think he could take it anymore playing in this poverty position.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

i really would like Saka would play in more advanced role than LWB i don't think he could take it anymore playing in this poverty position.

Higher up it’s even more competitive, Grealish, Sterling, Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho are battling it for 2 positions for Southgate.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom