• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Usmanov or "Silent" Stan?

Are you for or against a potential takeover?

• For

Votes: 138 90.8%
  • Against

Votes: 14 9.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DK Gooner

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...or-club-to-shareholders-at-Thursdays-agm.html

Arsenal owner Stan Kroenke to outline vision for club to shareholders at Thursday's agm

Stan Kroenke is intending to address shareholders at Arsenal on Thursday when he attends his first General Meeting since becoming the majority owner of the club earlier this year.

Arsène Wenger, the Arsenal manager, will also be at the meeting and will take questions from shareholders and discuss the team's mixed form so far this season. Kroenke, who is up for re-election to the board, will outline his ambitions and vision for Arsenal, which involves expanding the club's commercial revenues while retaining the self-sustaining business model.

He regards Wenger as central to the club's future success, despite the sudden dip in results that followed defeat in the final of last season's Carling Cup. Kroenke has not addressed shareholders since joining the board in 2008 for fear that any public comment about his intentions would go against Takeover Panel rules.

Thursday's meeting is well timed given the recent improvement in form, with Arsenal having won seven out of eight games since losing to Blackburn Rovers. That sequence has helped them rise to seventh in the league, while they also top their Champions League group and have reached the quarter-finals of the Carling Cup.

Yet shareholders are also likely to express their dissatisfaction at a 6.5 per cent increase in ticket prices and the club's transfer strategy during a summer that saw them sell three regular first-team players in Cesc Fabregas, Samir Nasri and Gaël Clichy. Alisher Usmanov, the club's second largest shareholder, is not expected to attend the meeting.

Anzac

Established Member
I'm betting it will be the usual smoke & mirror act.
We'll see some 'difficult/hard' questions asked,
a 'logical' type response that does nothing to address the root cause of the scenario,
and then there'll be absolutely no follow up to get any 'real' answer,
and the masses will be assured that all is well and on track and that we have belief, faith, and incredible spirit and quality & that our financial model is ruling the world,
and that nothing is ever our fault,
let alone that of the manager or the Board.

dpt49

Established Member
I think even someone like Kroenke can't pretend everything is fine, even though we are in a good bit of form.
This is the first season where the empty seats at the Emirates so conspicuous. and the reasons are obvious to all, except the board and Wenger.

I expect the board to come out with the usual statements like, we are fully behind the manager, we understand the supporters frustration, we will do everything to keep our top players, we will make available money for players the manager wants.

The same old rubbish we normally get from our caring, sharing board

Anzac

Established Member
dpt49 said:
I think even someone like Kroenke can't pretend everything is fine, even though we are in a good bit of form.
This is the first season where the empty seats at the Emirates so conspicuous. and the reasons are obvious to all, except the board and Wenger.

I expect the board to come out with the usual statements like, we are fully behind the manager, we understand the supporters frustration, we will do everything to keep our top players, we will make available money for players the manager wants.

The same old rubbish we normally get from our caring, sharing board

And with AW responding in kind = the status quo will continue to prevail.

cuban

Established Member
ebouenolike said:
The love in from some Gooners towards Usmanov and 'Red and White' is frankly bizarre.

indeed...idealy we wouldn't have a foreign owner at all but if it has to be someone (given current climate it probably has to be) then Kroenke is much better option for me...

qs

Established Member
ebouenolike said:
The love in from some Gooners towards Usmanov and 'Red and White' is frankly bizarre.

The lack of any sort of evidence for what they believe about him is even more bizarre. He is not a football man for starters, he's only become interested in recent years. He's also not an Arsenal man by any stretch. He's never said he pump money into the club either so I've no idea where the idea he'd be an Abramovic style sugar daddy comes from, is it just that he's from the former Soviet Union and he's a crook?

Vela

Established Member
Usmanov isn't getting a spot on the board. Danny Fizman didn't want nothing to do with Usmanov that's why he sold his shares to Stan Kroenke.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
ebouenolike said:

I hate it, when my nick is dragged through the mire, because of the name of 'his' company.

Mastadon

Established Member
qs said:
ebouenolike said:

The lack of any sort of evidence for what they believe about him is even more bizarre. He is not a football man for starters, he's only become interested in recent years. He's also not an Arsenal man by any stretch. He's never said he pump money into the club either so I've no idea where the idea he'd be an Abramovic style sugar daddy comes from, is it just that he's from the former Soviet Union and he's a crook?

Usmanov is the only person in recent memory to have made an offer which would involve money going into the club via the rights issue proposal in 2009. So yes not only did he say he would pump money into the club but he made a real proposal and was willing to underwrite the entire deal which meant that if nobody subscribed for the new shares he would be obliged to purchase them himself.

The bottom line is money would be injected into the club in the form of equity which is really the best form of investment as far as the club is concerned. And Usmanov was ready to bankroll the whole deal. Compare that with what Kroenke has done so far and suddenly its not so bizzare anymore.

ebouenolike

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/7cce6a7c-7205-11dc-8960-0000779fd2ac.html#axzz1c0djRZR8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/7cce6a7c-7205 ... z1c0djRZR8</a>

Yes, Usmanov is all about putting his hand into his pocket ...

This is the same man Danny Fiszman made it clear he didn't want anywhere near the club - a man who lived, breathed and loved Arsenal didn't want Usmanov anywhere near the club. Yet a little PR manipulation from the toad and some Gooners are getting him on their shirts.

Mastadon

Established Member
Why would anyone dismiss a rights issue proposal as a PR move? If everyone subscribed for it the shareholding would remain the same with an enlarged paid up capital and more cash in the club. Only the club would benefit. Usmanov knew the board had/have no intention of putting anything into the club and the proposal should have proven it.

Lets use a bit of common sense re the FT article. There is absolutely no way an owner could recoup the cost of acquiring the clubs shares via dividend payouts even if our entire cash reserve was paid out. I really doubt someone as rich as Usmanov would be bothered with dividends when the real value of the club is via growing the brand like what the Glazers and Kroenke are doing.

yuvken

Established Member
Anzac said:
the usual smoke & mirror
What's with the S&M thing every time apublic arsenal issue is on ? :)
some 'difficult/hard' questions asked,
a 'logical' type response that does nothing to address the root cause of the scenario,
and then there'll be absolutely no follow up to get any 'real' answer,
and the masses will be assured that all is well
is this an attempt to capture human history in a phrase? (not bad, either).
Rain Dance said:
Why Usmanov not attending?
coz "we don't want him and his sort" :wink: .
PHW's old phrase was obtuse and stupid, but it actually applies with the other dude. And we don't even need to lean on Fizsman - we all know it well enough. Yeah, he got loads of money. OK. Let us sort our problems decently, hard as they may be.

Anzac

Established Member
yuvken said:
What's with the S&M thing every time apublic arsenal issue is on ? :)

Hey I like this....... :idea:

the Board & AW are the Sadists for stringing us along, :x
and we the supporters are the Masochists for continuing to 'have faith'!!!! :bash

:)

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
ebouenolike said:
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/7cce6a7c-7205-11dc-8960-0000779fd2ac.html#axzz1c0djRZR8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yes, Usmanov is all about putting his hand into his pocket ...

This is the same man Danny Fiszman made it clear he didn't want anywhere near the club - a man who lived, breathed and loved Arsenal didn't want Usmanov anywhere near the club. Yet a little PR manipulation from the toad and some Gooners are getting him on their shirts.

That link is FT registered people only, and I can't be bothered to register. What's the jist?

ebouenolike

Established Member
@Mark: Just that Usmanov ostracized himself from the Board when he wanted to take dividends, which isn't the done thing at Arsenal.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
yuvken said:
Rain Dance said:
Why Usmanov not attending?
coz "we don't want him and his sort" :wink: .
PHW's old phrase was obtuse and stupid, but it actually applies with the other dude. And we don't even need to lean on Fizsman - we all know it well enough. Yeah, he got loads of money. OK. Let us sort our problems decently, hard as they may be.

In my country there is a phrase which literally mean “you can’t love someone if you don’t know him”
I’d prefer an open debate between Usmanov and Stan side…
something that PHW would try hard to avoid it seems and prefer this :
Stan Kroenke said:
"Hey," he said, in his grits-and-corn Missouri drawl, laconic, laid-back, far more at ease than his reputation for taciturnity would suggest. "It's great to be here. We just got in a few hours ago. What a wonderful club. I have been asked to say a few things. I'm not quite sure why."
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/rory-smith-silent-stan-speaks-to-reassure-fans-but-discontent-rumbles-2376785.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 76785.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

from PGG’s post in the lobby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom