• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Usmanov or "Silent" Stan?

Are you for or against a potential takeover?

• For

Votes: 138 90.8%
  • Against

Votes: 14 9.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
If Usmanov or someone similar buys us I will still follow the club, and cheer as loud as anyone if we win stuff

but I won't feel proud of Arsenal and the Arsenal way of doing things when we've sold out like the rest

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

If Usmanov or someone similar buys us I will still follow the club, and cheer as loud as anyone if we win stuff

but I won't feel proud of Arsenal and the Arsenal way of doing things when we've sold out like the rest

We've done very little to be proud of for a long time, the club went against their promises, what the stadium was meant to bring was never delivered.

We sold out years ago, we're a business. We've lost all identity.

say yes

forum master baiter
Odd merge. Would have thought news like this deserves its own thread.

Hard to find the original story now.

Reactions: BBF

Goon_si

All the clubs Kroenke owns are not doing well, He own NBA team called Denver Nuggets are doing bad he own an NHL club don't want it called is s**t too. he has no interest to improve his clubs he just interest to make money
Yup. All his teams are basically just cash cows to him. He knows that competing for trophies is extremely expensive and he isn't in it for success, it's for the money.

His teams:
NFL: LA Rams - haven't seen the playoffs since he became full owner in 2010
NBA: Denver Nuggets - Actually made the playoffs in 10 out of 18 seasons, nine times eliminated in round 1.
NHL: Colorado Avalanche - won the Stanley cup in his first year, so basically with the inherited team. Since then? Absolute ****. Got into the playoffs twice in last nine seasons.

So basically all his team have been total non-factors in recent years. And Arsenal is slowly but surely joining that company.

As long as Kroenke is here nothing will change.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka

:rolleyes:

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Think anyone that feels even the slightest bit ashamed if we 'sell out' needs to get off their high horse.

Most top modern clubs are either owned by billionaires that have/will invest or used shady deals in the 80s/90s.

We'll also slip further and further in to mediocrity while clubs with owners that are actually interested in their team over take us, without someone taking over here.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I don't really know if I support it or not, it's gonna happen though so it doesn't matter.

say yes

forum master baiter

The only person 'selling' anything is Kroenke mate. Fans have no say in which billionaire owns us as an asset.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
In all seriousness, if Usmanov takes over I'll stop supporting Arsenal. As many times I've tried to think of it I just can't empathize with the idea at all.

ChefMan21

Maybe he'll be really positive about his investment style and pay for a stadium expansion (pending approval from Islington of course), with the expansion not impacting our transfer activity in any way? We've got a pretty big waitlist and if we could add capacity plus make it a bit more vertical/imposing...

One can only dream.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I dont care whos in charge i just want ambition and direction. We haven't not won a league title in 13 years ffs i don't care how we do it or how much we spend or where it comes from just get it done.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
We've done very little to be proud of for a long time, the club went against their promises, what the stadium was meant to bring was never delivered.

We sold out years ago, we're a business. We've lost all identity.
We just put all our eggs in financial fair play basket believing they'd reel everyone else in to our level. That fell to pieces and so did the dream the sold the fans but the club didn't want to reel in the expectations they built as it justified the high ticket prices.

It's no coincidence each year, like clockwork, at season ticket renewal time the expectations are ramped up, but then come end of the year top 4 is celebrated.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Here here

I'm all for it. If we crash into the Europa League the value of the club will go down
Let's get in an owner that cares about our main core business being a successful football club. And for those unsure what that means success if putting the biggest trophies in the cabinet room.
I wouldn't have been for it 3 years ago, but Wenger has driven me to this. I have to embrace the fact that this is the way football is going. I;ve never been one to point a finger at 'Oil clubs' anyway. We all brought our success one way or another; all used unfair advantages at some stage in our histories. So wtf?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom