• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Usmanov or "Silent" Stan?

Are you for or against a potential takeover?

• For

Votes: 138 90.8%
  • Against

Votes: 14 9.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I'd be much more worried about the quote "Kroenke's holding company KSE UK released a statement on Monday saying he remained committed to Arsenal and his shares "are not, and never have been, for sale"

if it had added and 'never will be for sale'
Everyone has a price. Usmanov hasn't quite met Kroenke's price yet and that price likely has a "petty tax" on it if you will given that Usmanov has publicly criticized him. If Usmanov is really serious about this takeover now then he'll find a way to get it done. He's friends with Putin for f*ck's sake. Putin signed America on a free in November, I think he can help Usmanov with Arsenal. :lol:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
If Wenger doesn't want to spend "that kind of money" then what can Kronkcunt do to make him do it? What makes you think Wenger is not deluded enough to be satisfied with our squad and think we can win the title next season with Welbeck/Giroud?
Kronke can force him. He can buy a top player,insist Wenger plays him and make it work. Abramovic bought Shevchenko-that ended badly. I have a feeling both Xhaka and Welbeck were not exclusively Wenger buys tbh.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
My neighbours house isn't for sale but I bet if I knocked and offered over twice it's value he'd sell up.

I think Kronke would be more willing to sell to someone other than Usmanov though.

RoadrunnerReloaded

Yh, problem with that is so many casual fans are too thick to even want better that what we're getting at the moment, just blindly supporting the club and the manager. And then those that arent happy direct it at wenger.
If all the fans really knew their **** and stood up for the club, Kroenke would probably selling now/ the board would do something

At the end of the day, although Wenger has definetely not been strong enough for the fans,and quite happy to stay quiet and do his profitable job..anyone could have been happy to do that. The point is we need a proper board and ownership to create a situation where this club is properly ran.
In my opinion , although sevilla monaco and dortmund have great models they are selling clubs. We are in a much more profitable league with a bigger brand and followship. We should be comfortably better than them but at the moment they excite their fans (with performances, signings and style of play) much more than arsenal do for us

You right about the fans sadly. The ones most likely to protest are likely not the most thoughtful or reasonable.

Its a shame as I keep coming back to that stealth behind the scenes board fighting between Dein and Fiszman that led to the Kroenke and Usmanov factions. Sadly the more I read and see in hindsight the more it seems Dein and Fiszman forgot about

It was as if Fiszman thought 'we got the stadium, im done and i want to cash out!' while Dein was just thinking about trying to bring in some rich sugar daddy. Both completely lost the plot here when they should have been updating all our footballing infrastructure at this time.

No one seemed to catch on to the increasing TV monies, and especially the growth of global marketing and the internet at this time. Its insane how close we were in global marketing to United around 2004-05 but then how far we fell behind in the next 10 years. We still are one of the most active internet fan bases of any club in the world but the club has still not figured out how to parlay that into extra commercial revenue - a horrible indictment against Kroenke who should know this stuff.

I've traveled a bit in the last few years. Been to North and South America and Asia. You know how many times I've seen random United promotions in the oddest places? They seem to have an official soft drink and snacks partner in every country. We could have done that too if we started in 2002-04 era.

But yeah, now it seems we are in a conundrum where there really is no easy solution.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
You right about the fans sadly. The ones most likely to protest are likely not the most thoughtful or reasonable.

Its a shame as I keep coming back to that stealth behind the scenes board fighting between Dein and Fiszman that led to the Kroenke and Usmanov factions. Sadly the more I read and see in hindsight the more it seems Dein and Fiszman forgot about

It was as if Fiszman thought 'we got the stadium, im done and i want to cash out!' while Dein was just thinking about trying to bring in some rich sugar daddy. Both completely lost the plot here when they should have been updating all our footballing infrastructure at this time.

No one seemed to catch on to the increasing TV monies, and especially the growth of global marketing and the internet at this time. Its insane how close we were in global marketing to United around 2004-05 but then how far we fell behind in the next 10 years. We still are one of the most active internet fan bases of any club in the world but the club has still not figured out how to parlay that into extra commercial revenue - a horrible indictment against Kroenke who should know this stuff.

I've traveled a bit in the last few years. Been to North and South America and Asia. You know how many times I've seen random United promotions in the oddest places? They seem to have an official soft drink and snacks partner in every country. We could have done that too if we started in 2002-04 era.

But yeah, now it seems we are in a conundrum where there really is no easy solution.

The biggest indicator of why we have fallen so behind and are poorly run is the fact the club is ridden with contradictions.
We have this profit-business orientated board and owner but lose out big time on marketing and deals. On top of that we waste so much money in the transfer window and on our silly wage structure.

Not enough care is being taken here, with good management the fans wouldnt have been such short changed, but because we lose potential profits left right and centre we suffer with massive ticket prices and lack of ambition in the transfer market.

We need a football focused owner who is willing to back the board (dont want a dictator type), a board with the right mix of businessmen and people who really know about football, a sporting/transfer director, and then maybe give Wenger some time under that model. Because i know for sure if we were that serious about things Wenger wouldnt be allowed to dilly dally like this, he either proves his 7-8m a year wage packet or his short contract isnt renewed and some sort of statue is erected in his name, job done.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Money talks, especially if you're talking with investor.

This is what he stood to gain from Usmanovs offer. At what point do you feel he will say yes? I don't think its the amount offered but the timing, Kroenke isn't ready to sell because his asset is still rising!

People wondering why Kroenke should turn down the fine profit represented by Usmanov’s offer, a £565m gain on the £435m his 67% is calculated to have cost him in total, are missing what Kroenke sees.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-kroenke-owner-investor-leech-alisher-usmanov

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

With Fiszman dead,it's hard to speak negatively about him but I think his stance was possibly wrong. Dein knew what building Emirates would do to our transfer capabilities and wanted a rich owner to make up the deficit. He backed Usmanov initially but met resistance all round. Dein was right. We sold our best players for seven years to balance the books and filled the squad with inferior players we over paid as we were too afraid to take a risk,couldn't afford a top player and weren't competitive on the field to entice with trophies instead of money. Project youth was abandoned as the money came in,but the abandonment of FFP meant our prudence was for nothing. And here we are today with a poor bloated squad,not enough money and a board full of people who don't love Arsenal.

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Kronke can force him. He can buy a top player,insist Wenger plays him and make it work. Abramovic bought Shevchenko-that ended badly. I have a feeling both Xhaka and Welbeck were not exclusively Wenger buys tbh.
This post is totally off. First all you can't force nothing on Wenger, he decides everything, says so himself, he would quit rather than have a player thrust upon him.

Second, makes no sense to give him a new deal and then ''force'' players on him, just don't give him a new deal.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Stan isn't selling. These are sad times. We belong to a man who is happy with sporting mediocrity with his teams.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Think I have decided to call it quits this summer if Stan doesn't sell. If Stan doesn't sell, I'm quitting football.

Naby keita

Everyone has a price. Usmanov hasn't quite met Kroenke's price yet and that price likely has a "petty tax" on it if you will given that Usmanov has publicly criticized him. If Usmanov is really serious about this takeover now then he'll find a way to get it done. He's friends with Putin for f*ck's sake. Putin signed America on a free in November, I think he can help Usmanov with Arsenal. :lol:

Agreed, everyone and anything has a price.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
This post is totally off. First all you can't force nothing on Wenger, he decides everything, says so himself, he would quit rather than have a player thrust upon him.

Second, makes no sense to give him a new deal and then ''force'' players on him, just don't give him a new deal.
I didn't think I needed to spell out that Wenger could leave if he didn't like a new approach by Kronke. The question was,what can Kronke do...? This is just my opinion as to what he can do and what other owners have done . I don't buy that Kronke just helplessly sits by as his various employees fail.

Naby keita

The thing that plays in our favour is quite simple, this summer Stan cant keep alexis and özil and when they leave for discount prices and we cant get Wc player in return everyone and his dogs know we wont get top4. Thats where the situation gets beyond hostile, this will stem to a midtable finish and even violent acts. the value of the club will go down faster than a rabbit gets ****ed. Then if he wishes to get the value up he has to spend ****load of money to get back on track. The man must know something about business, so if he is indeed a businessman he will take Usmanovs second offer.

To sum it up he has 2 options.
Spend **** load of money to just ensure top4 next year.
Sell the club and gain more than a ****load of money, insane levels of money on his investment.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Think I have decided to call it quits this summer if Stan doesn't sell. If Stan doesn't sell, I'm quitting football.

Billion dollar acquisitions take longer than a couple of months to finalize. Maybe call it quits in another year or two?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
If Kroenke stays as our owner will he make us a viable brand at least? Or will he just suck up all the potential we have? Im trying to look for positives here because if it is Kroenke as our owner for the foreseeable future, considering his track record with sports teams I see Arsenal becoming a very average team...

Was all that money we have saved all these years wasted? I dont understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom