Usmanov or "Silent" Stan?

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by 23AndreyArshavin, Oct 14, 2011.

?

Are you for or against a potential takeover?

1. For

128 vote(s)
    91.4%
  2. Against

12 vote(s)
    8.6%
  1. DoitschWurzl

DoitschWurzl Member

? He is just a normal human being trying to earn some money.
    Who of you does not?

2. Beksl

Beksl Well-Known Member

He's not human, he's a reptilian.

So is the Queen, btw...

3. DoitschWurzl

DoitschWurzl Member

Eh? How is the queen a reptilien? I thought it is only a US-american party?

4. Beksl

Beksl Well-Known Member

5. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

6. neimad

neimad Well-Known Member

7. DanDare

DanDare Not interesting enough for a custom title

What a scumbag

8. DoitschWurzl

DoitschWurzl Member

Why so angry? He is just acting like a normal capitalist.
    95% of ppl on this planet are exactly the same.

He only owns Arsenal to make money - so how is anyone expecting us to compete in this inflated (and imo just stupid) football market?

9. DoitschWurzl

DoitschWurzl Member

Are you sure you haven#t been consuming any goods which caused other ppl to lose their homes, get sick or die?
    For example wood from south america, smart phones... list is endless.

10. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Well-Known Member

You must be fun at parties.

11. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

Not knowingly, no. If i'm made aware of the fact that something I purchase comes out of exploitation, I'm never buying that thing again. Thats true for most people.

12. DanDare

DanDare Not interesting enough for a custom title

I’m fully aware attempting to claim moral purity in 21st century western society is an exercise in futility. However, the purchase of >500,000 acres of land and evicting people from a portion which probably occupies less than 0.001% of that land with little notice (the article implies) and for net loss of utility is a scumbag move

13. Malky

Malky Well-Known Member

It's hardly the same as buying 520,000 acres and evicting elderly people from a handful of houses that are on those acres, knowing they can't afford to move anywhere else. The **** is a billionaire, he could of just let them keep their houses. Like what difference is a couple of housing plots over an area as massive as 520,000 acre, **** all!
    Selfish scum!

Gooner Zig and Toby Andrl like this.
  14. Malky

Malky Well-Known Member

Kroenke never gave Wenger the funds for those players, our net spend for the year was something like £5M, the club payed for those signing's through player sales. Ornstein even said that after Aubameyang was signed there was " no significant funds for further transfers "

15. DoitschWurzl

DoitschWurzl Member

That is only your opinion... You own a smart phone?

Longy likes this.
  16. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

Yeah, I do.

17. Stannis

Stannis Active Member

I'm probably reading to much into this but Aliko Dangote's new refinery will be up and running by around June apparently.

Meanwhile, he is also planning to have share sale in London for his concrete company which is expected to fetch him $1 billion US.

Who knows how much of this is bluster but has stated many times in the past he would make a push for Arsenal once his new refinery was built

18. dashsnow17

I heard from one of those dubious ITKs on twitter than Usmanov is planning a takeover through...wait for it...Flamini! Who knows what's going on.

Stannis likes this.
  19. Stannis

Stannis Active Member

Yeah saw that I truly wonder if Flamini has that kind of cash.

He is a co-founder of his new company, it is still relatively new and it has been busy acquiring other industry competitors.

Just as a general comment its sort of amazing how many people think Net Worth is the same as the cash you have in your account.

20. dashsnow17

I think the idea was that Usmanov provides the bulk of the cash while Flamini is the face of the deal.

Flamini does have serious cash though, but nowhere near serious enough to compete with a Kroenke or Usmanov (yet). He could have in the future though, I mean there's money to be made in the biofuels industry for sure.