• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Usmanov or "Silent" Stan?

Are you for or against a potential takeover?

• For

Votes: 138 90.8%
  • Against

Votes: 14 9.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Yeah saw that I truly wonder if Flamini has that kind of cash.

He is a co-founder of his new company, it is still relatively new and it has been busy acquiring other industry competitors.

Just as a general comment its sort of amazing how many people think Net Worth is the same as the cash you have in your account.

I think the idea was that Usmanov provides the bulk of the cash while Flamini is the face of the deal.

Flamini does have serious cash though, but nowhere near serious enough to compete with a Kroenke or Usmanov (yet). He could have in the future though, I mean there's money to be made in the biofuels industry for sure.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Just read an ESPN article about Josh Kroenke spending three months in London to "immerse himself in how the club is run". Don`t know whether thats a good thing because it shows that at least the Kroenkes have a slightly interest in our club or if if it`s depressing as it shows they are going anywhere anytime soon.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Just read an ESPN article about Josh Kroenke spending three months in London to "immerse himself in how the club is run". Don`t know whether thats a good thing because it shows that at least the Kroenkes have a slightly interest in our club or if if it`s depressing as it shows they are going anywhere anytime soon.
Depressing. Going nowhere and taking us with them. And doubly depressing,shows the priority we have that it's taken them several seasons before "immersing" the hereditary brat in our club's affairs.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Depressing. Going nowhere and taking us with them. And doubly depressing,shows the priority we have that it's taken them several seasons before "immersing" the hereditary brat in our club's affairs.
if we can't get rid of the Kroenkes, surely it makes sense for the board and fans to get behind Josh in hopes he can be turned into a genuine supporter of the club - he is young and not beyond falling in love with the club and all it stands for over three months

it seems he is our only hope going forward so treating him with open hostility isn't going to get us anywhere

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Yeah. If Hitler isn't going anywhere let's all get behind Himmler.

If he is a genuine supporter of the club Josh will sell as soon as he is able.

Yeah. If Hitler isn't going anywhere let's all get behind Himmler.

If he is a genuine supporter of the club Josh will sell as soon as he is able.

Why is there still such kind of a discussion? This club is a company, the owner is only interested in making money.

What about this you ppl don't understand?

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Why is there still such kind of a discussion? This club is a company, the owner is only interested in making money.

What about this you ppl don't understand?

We get it, you've said it multiple times.

'Ppl' are discussing wanting a change of ownership and not continuing with an owner/family who everyone knows and has known for a long time is in it for the money.

We get it, you've said it multiple times.

'Ppl' are discussing wanting a change of ownership and not continuing with an owner/family who everyone knows and has known for a long time is in it for the money.

That will surely not happen if those ppl who do not want them keep buying their product...

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
Which FTSE 100 company do you support? Centrica? Glencore? Who is your favourite Director?
that is definitely the attitude of some of the "fans" on here for sure. You can say this for the oil clubs, it may all be about money to get their results but at least they invest in the team and the fantasy for the fans. They may be oil fc but teams like them are what make football fun is the truth. Not the "snake oil" salesmen we have in charge at Arsenal at all levels from the board down to the manager, lying to and ripping off the fans. Kroenke is as morally repugnant and bankrupt as any of the dodgy characters investing in football clubs so we might as well have a dodgy character like Usmanov imo. Hell will freeze over before the Kroenkes let the club go when its making such profits for them though.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I think what some fans need to remember is that there are many of us who were supporting Arsenal before Josh Kronke was a spermatozoid in the balls of his toupeed dad. There was an Arsenal before the Kronkes and there will be an Arsenal long after they've gone.

Yes we're a company. So what? That's just a vehicle for ownership, all clubs are owned by someone. Some clubs have got owners who put money into the team company or no company. We don't. We have these wretches but we have to believe better days will come and they'll disappear.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
I think what some fans need to remember is that there are many of us who were supporting Arsenal before Josh Kronke was a spermatozoid in the balls of his toupeed dad. There was an Arsenal before the Kronkes and there will be an Arsenal long after they've gone.

Yes we're a company. So what? That's just a vehicle for ownership, all clubs are owned by someone. Some clubs have got owners who put money into the team company or no company. We don't. We have these wretches but we have to believe better days will come and they'll disappear.
Spot on. Just because we're a company/business doesnt mean we have to full on Gordon gecko wall street stylee and rely purely on statistical analysis and the like, that is definitely the Kroenkes influence on the club and its why we arent competitive any longer. They will all feck off eventually them and their troll minions.

c00lguy

It used to be said that we're a well run club. I've never seen it that way. There is no transparency at the club. For all we know they could be laughing at us whilst we're paying their exorbitant wages.
We get nothing but constructed PR messages. This level of pure capitalism pisses me off but there's nothing we can do about it. Kroenke owns the rights to the club and he has no reason to sell. It will pass down to his son who will keep to the same philosophy. Nothing will change. Shareholders selling their shares to Kroenke was the worst thing they could've done to the club. We just didn't see it then.

To clarify, I'm saying that I want much greater fan interaction and involvement with the running of the club. I want the board to feel what the fans feel, to be under constant pressure and for fans to be involved in some way with executive decisions at the top level of the club.
Sadly it's nothing but a dream at this point. The club's run by a shady elite few who don't care what the fans say or do and there isn't going to be much change. We're actually one of the worst run clubs in the league.

Last edited:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Forget about them going anywhere , they've been using AFC as a financial instrument to borrow against .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom