• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Usmanov or "Silent" Stan?

Are you for or against a potential takeover?

• For

Votes: 138 90.8%
  • Against

Votes: 14 9.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
How do you mean?
By all account reason to buy it is for the Jags to play an increased number of games over here & then fully.

Big market just to give up if you have a stadium over here like the Emirates. If a London team becomes reality would Stan play one of his games a year over here? More of a link between Arsenal & Rams? One less game to sell in LA could help with their attendance issues.

Huge news for Sp**s as well who had the even planned for the potential London team renting new their stadium rather than Wembely. Its makes up part of the design! :lol:

“It needed to be viewed as a combined joint football and NFL stadium. If it ever got to a stage where the NFL decided it wanted to have a permanent team in London, it would be their stadium as opposed to an NFL team feeling they’re renting Tottenham’s stadium.”

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
By all account reason to buy it is for the Jags to play an increased number of games over here & then fully.

Big market just to give up if you have a stadium over here like the Emirates. If a London team becomes reality would Stan play one of his games a year over here? More of a link between Arsenal & Rams? One less game to sell in LA could help with their attendance issues.

Huge news for Sp**s as well who had the even planned for the potential London team renting new stadium rather than Wembely.

If they have a franchise in London I think the other games will stop. I’m not sure if they can end the deal with Sp**s but if not those extra two games a year will probably stop once the deal ends. I mean, they’re probably expecting most people who go to the NFL games to switch teams to the London franchise so the interest to go and watch two random teams play won’t be as great.

Now is as good a time as any to do a London franchise because the Jags have a good young team so it’s not such a hard sell for people to switch teams.

KROENKE SUCKS

Usmanov in please. I know some of you don't really understand football, and think that Wenger was the root of our problems but he really was the only one keeping things together. I suspect without him we really are in the deep. The board is already preparing for the worst by minimising spending and hiring an inexperienced manager so that they can spend the next couple of years selling us on their "bold" plan. Kroenke is just holding onto this asset to see how much the value can inflate before he sells it off. Until then this club will be standing still or slowly moving backwards. And every year we wait is another that Liverpool Sp**s and Chelsea pull away from us, much less City and Utd.

Kroenke Out!

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
If Arteta does come in, I predict we will see levels of toxicity among the fans like last season and hopefully empty seats like this season.
But it won't be aimed at Arteta.

Kroenke and the board need to go for us to have any chance of getting back to the top.
Arteta, or whoever, must be given a chance to succeed but the ****** must not allow themselves to be dragooned onto another lynch mob against the manager when it is the owners who have failed.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
If Josh takes the club over and makes money available then I'm fine with him. He seems interested in sports at least (as in his sports team performing well). Stan couldn't give a **** at all about them. The other guy is a Russian mobster ****.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Kroenke or Usmanov. It's like choosing between syphilis and herpes. I don't want Kroenke, but I sure don't want a Russian mobster either.

Usmanov's mate Farhad Moshiri took over Everton in 2016 and since then they've spent ~40m more than us on incoming transfers. Net spend relatively similar. But that's Everton.

Usmanov was always the richer of the two so imagine how much money we could have spent if we had them both on board instead of Kroenke. I'm not saying that you're wrong - but there'll probably come a time where we have to choose between how we feel about Usmanov and what it will take to get us back to the top. If, for example, he went to Everton - that would just be another club that we will end up with less ambition than for the foreseeable future.

In Usmanov, we're talking about a man who invested $100m in an eSports organisation. He'd put almost a billion in to Arsenal, without blinking. And he'd get a significant % of it back as our worldwide stature increased.

Last edited:

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Usmanov's mate Farhad Moshiri took over Everton in 2016 and since then they've spent ~40m more than us on incoming transfers. Net spend relatively similar. But that's Everton.

Usmanov was always the richer of the two so imagine how much money we could have spent if we had them both on board instead of Kroenke. I'm not saying that you're wrong - but there'll probably come a time where we have to choose between how we feel about Usmanov and what it will take to get us back to the top. If, for example, he went to Everton - that would just be another club that we will end up with less ambition than for the foreseeable future.

In Usmanov, we're talking about a man who invested $100m in an eSports organisation. He'd put almost a billion in to Arsenal, without blinking. And he'd get a significant % of it back as our worldwide stature increased.

He's still a Russian mobster.

Longy

Arteta, or whoever, must be given a chance to succeed but the ****** must not allow themselves to be dragooned onto another lynch mob against the manager when it is the owners who have failed.

thats my prediction.
it'll all be aimed at owners/board/gazidis.

AL the gooner

Questionable film taste
I always thought Usmanov was Wenger's last chance to return to greatness at Arsenal, now hes Arsenals last chance to return to greatness.
About 2 years ago, in this thread, maybe 50 pages back, I said the only positive of Wenger leaving would be that the real culprits will have no more hiding places. They will be exposed.
We might be a few months away from that, nothing against Arteta, but hiring him will show the limit of this board's ambition.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
If Usmanov is a Russian mobster how come he is allowed to own legitimate businesses, including 30% of Arsenal, in UK? Is UK a country which allows mobsters to own businesses?

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
If Josh takes the club over and makes money available then I'm fine with him. He seems interested in sports at least (as in his sports team performing well). Stan couldn't give a **** at all about them. The other guy is a Russian mobster ****.

What we will never know if Usmanov was the biggest shareholder surely he would have invested what was needed he would have fully backed Wenger with a big warchest every summer or January.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If Usmanov is a Russian mobster how come he is allowed to own legitimate businesses, including 30% of Arsenal, in UK? Is UK a country which allows mobsters to own businesses?

Haha yes

We’ve not enacted the Magnitskiy act and our current government have accepted money from many Russians. Our foreign secretary got £150k to play a game of tennis with one of Putins ministers wives

I would say though, Usmanov isn’t Russian

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Haha yes

We’ve not enacted the Magnitskiy act and our current government have accepted money from many Russians. Our foreign secretary got £150k to play a game of tennis with one of Putins ministers wives

I would say though, Usmanov isn’t Russian
"many Russians".... you do realise if you said "many blacks" or "many Jews" this board would be closed down and a criminal investigation would probably be started.

TheEconomist

Established Member
Usmanovs name was mentioned a few months ago in parliament just after the latest chemical attack in the UK view to sanctions against him

Neither Kroenke or Usmanov are good potential owners for very different reasons. We need a new model whereby clubs, which are almost like mini -monopolies can be owned by some sort of trust or group structure that prevents one person who taking advantage of the loyalty of the supporters, but on the other hand prevents the knee jerk influence of the average fan, and where no money can be withdrawn from the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom