• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Víctor Valdés

evoh_1

Established Member
Re: Victor Valdés

Valdes is total pony I would rather sing robert green or one of those sort of chump keepers.

GDeep™

League is very weak

leo_ense said:
GDeep said:
Iv heard 8M being mentioned, can you go wrong at that price? A 31/32 year old alongside Chez? I'm coming around to it.

I can't believe he still wants to leave? Why do you want to leave Barca? Money? No chance he will eventually stay? Mind boggling this is.

He's said he wants a new challenge, and the way he told the club he wouldn't sign on and released a statement to the press the same day was RVP esque. It's not about money because he was holding out for a big pay rise and he got that in his last contract, I have the feeling he wants to leave to energise his career. He's won everything there is to win and has played in the best club side of the past 30 years, a new league and new team probably seems like a good idea to him at this point. Definitely think we are interested in him and at €10m we would be absolutely stupid not to bid.

Cheers for that, I wasn't up to date with his situation.

Rumours since last summer of Wenger wanting a GK, Alan Smith reckons we wanted Lloris but the price was too high for our liking, Lloris wanted to come here as his first choice too, then you have the Reina rumors, I think Wenger wants a serious GK, Valdes looks a massive goer to me.

Sydney Gooner

Established Member

GDeep said:
leo_ense said:
GDeep said:
Iv heard 8M being mentioned, can you go wrong at that price? A 31/32 year old alongside Chez? I'm coming around to it.

I can't believe he still wants to leave? Why do you want to leave Barca? Money? No chance he will eventually stay? Mind boggling this is.

He's said he wants a new challenge, and the way he told the club he wouldn't sign on and released a statement to the press the same day was RVP esque. It's not about money because he was holding out for a big pay rise and he got that in his last contract, I have the feeling he wants to leave to energise his career. He's won everything there is to win and has played in the best club side of the past 30 years, a new league and new team probably seems like a good idea to him at this point. Definitely think we are interested in him and at €10m we would be absolutely stupid not to bid.

Cheers for that, I wasn't up to date with his situation.

Rumours since last summer of Wenger wanting a GK, Alan Smith reckons we wanted Lloris but the price was too high for our liking, Lloris wanted to come here as his first choice too, then you have the Reina rumors, I think Wenger wants a serious GK, Valdes looks a massive goer to me.

Seriously you consider this guy a serious keeper? I think we're better off going back after Julio Cesar after QPR's inevitable relegation for a cut price deal or Timo Hildebrand.

GDeep™

League is very weak

I'm undecided on Valdes personally, but Wenger wants an established GK I feel and he will defo have a look at the Barca man, especially as he fits in our price range, under 10M.

I would prefer Julio Cesar too, good shout, I think he'll be Brazil number 1 at the World Cup too.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

Sydney Gooner said:
Seriously you consider this guy a serious keeper? I think we're better off going back after Julio Cesar after QPR's inevitable relegation for a cut price deal or Timo Hildebrand.

You're seriously posting a "Fails" video to assess a player, a goalkeeper at that? You realise that you could easily make one of these clips for Casillas, Buffon, Neuer and basically every goalie in the world?

Even better you're suggesting Timo Hildebrand as an alternative.. you haven't really watched him after 2007 have you? He's not even undisputed #1 at Schalke, there are easily ten better keepers in the Bundesliga, most of them on lower wages as well.

Sydney Gooner

Established Member

If as expected QPR play in the Championship next Júlio César Soares de Espíndola would surely be available for something under £5 million. It would be absolute stupidity if we're not bidding for him.

TakeChillPill

Established Member

Sydney Gooner said:
If as expected QPR play in the Championship next Júlio César Soares de Espíndola would surely be available for something under £5 million. It would be absolute stupidity if we're not bidding for him.

couldn't agree more, 33 in his "peak" years as a keeper, I think having him for 3-4 years would be a great move. after all we are always looking in the bargin bucket for a great find..he fits the bill!

Vela

Established Member

I don't know how people can say Valdés isn't a good goalkeeper etc. If he wasn't that a good goalkeeper how come he's played for Barcelona for so many years. At the moment is a better goalkeeper than Szczęsny and he would suit the way he play as well.

glaveror

Please no,don't want him anywhere near Arsenal simply because he seems like a complete **** sometimes. At least that's how I feel about him.
But even if I'm wrong I think we would be better off with Cesar like people have mentioned or even Begovic but I doubt that would come true.

leo_ense

Established Member

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/arsenal-dispuesto-pagar-diez-millones-por-valdes-2343445" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/a ... es-2343445</a>

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

leo_ense said:
"Arsenal prepared to pay 10million for Valdes"
- Potential 8m pound/10m euros offer for Valdes if he wants to leave
- The main source for Wenger's interest in Valdes in this article is The Daily Star
- Valdes' contract runs through 2014 (June 30), and, according to the British press, we/AFC are trying to convince him to leave early
- Valdes leaving early would be good for AFC (solve GK issues) and Barca ($$$)
- Wenger has lost faith in Fabianski and Chesney and the move would be another great (and difficult) challenge for Valdes after his work with Barca

say yes

forum master baiter

Twitter murmurings (if you pay them any heed) are that we're definitely in for a keeper and Valdes is on our shortlist.

viper_001

Established Member

He's a bald Almunia, worse than Szczesny and on more money. Not to mention he joined in with those two clowns Pique and Xavi in tapping Cesc up. Now he wants to come here? No thanks.

MDGoonah41

Established Member

hes still a good keeper, not a great keeper, but hes a grade A slimeball.

no thanks.

Le Professeur

Established Member

Agree with general consensus here, decent shot-stopper but will get found out, especially considering the much bigger pressure he'll be under seeing as we're not Barça.

I'd much rather César.

Glovegun

Established Member

Cesar is the obvious answer if we are truly in for a new keeper, seeing as he's only just arrived in London and that his team will almost certainly get relegated. The only issue might be his wages. I gather he's on big, big money.

evoh_1

Established Member

If Valdes is on the shortlist then I hope it is a very long shortlist and has many players above him, I don't rate this guy at all + he will have huge wage demands.

Loken

Apparently Wenger was praising a lot of reported transfer targets this evening during his French punditry.

Samuel ‏@samuelj29060 1h
Wenger praising Valdes & Villa a lot tonight on French TV (by all accounts). Hmm. #afc

Samuel ‏@samuelj29060 35m
Valdes has been outstanding. In front of Wenger. Who is praising him.

Top Bottom