Víctor Valdés

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Soler, May 4, 2004.

1. fabo

fabo 6.51 / 10

Valdes made some great saves, he's a shot-stopper. He flapped at a few crosses too, and has little presence on aerial balls/set-pieces.

2. ferrarif50hunt

ferrarif50hunt Well-Known Member

Oh god, please don't do it Wenger.

3. leo_ense

leo_ense New Member

Pull the trigger Arsène make this happen.

4. Dokaka

Dokaka AM's resident Hammer

Which is why this would be a disastrous signing. Valdes is good in some areas but he's absolutely atrocious on crosses and set-pieces, and given the general playstyle of the EPL that would only spell disaster.

He doesn't fit the bill in any ****ing way, especially not with Begovic available this summer. What a train wreck of a signing he would be, absolutely horrendous.

5. mo50

mo50 Active Member Elite

This. Such a useless keeper, and I'm surprised he's lasted at Barca for so long. You'd think with all the unnecessary signings they make every summer, they'd at least improve the GK area.

6. Sydney Gooner

Sydney Gooner New Member

I'd rather give Fabianski a new contract then spend fu*king £10m on Valdes.

7. redwhiteAustrian

redwhiteAustrian Tu Felix Austria Administrator

Please god no.

8. CurryFlavoured

CurryFlavoured Well-Known Member

This is anti wishlist material, I've never rated him as a GK, hes always had a blunder or two in him plus the fact that he has little to no presence from set pieces means he'll fail in England.

9. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Yeah, I'm not sold on Valdes either.

10. Pea-Tear-Griffin

Pea-Tear-Griffin New Member

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfers-victor-valdes-target-1790822" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... et-1790822</a>

I hope so.

11. Proof

Proof Well-Known Member Trusted

Just stay away from this nothing goalkeeper.

12. leo_ense

leo_ense New Member

13. CurryFlavoured

CurryFlavoured Well-Known Member

Some more expert set piece defending from VV tonight against Bayern, he'll be thrown around like a ragdoll in the EPL.

14. Buhry

Buhry New Member

This. Awful keeper, he's made so many mistakes over the years for Barca and he's terrible at dealing with crosses and set pieces.

Would cost us repeatedly if he came here I think. It really is a bit of a joke how he's been first choice for Barca this long, I guess it's because they usually walk over most of the teams in the league and don't care much for defending or buying good defensive players, as proven by today's match.

15. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

He really not better then Chesney good shoot stopper but awful in air the bayern 2nd goal was all his fault today.

16. King Malta

King Malta New Member

Oh dear, please no.

I'd rather start Mannone than Valdes

17. Wenger14

Wenger14 New Member Elite

Who's Ben Crump?

18. redwhiteAustrian

redwhiteAustrian Tu Felix Austria Administrator

What a waste of money that would be.
    I refuse to believe Wenger's after him, I really do.

19. leo_ense

leo_ense New Member

Owner of insidelaliga

20. erc7player

erc7player New Member

Wenger and the board are really the cause of arsenal's problem sorry to say because they never learn that there is a difference between cheap and downhill players and quality expensive players. the reason why Sp**s and everton compete with us in the league is because we all have the same quality of players, Please no valdes,adler,ceaser and we should be aiming higher and looking for a quality young keeper in bergovic,minolet,ruffier.