• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Valeri Bojinov

_scorpion_

Established Member
I have a feeling we are going to sign Kaffour from Bayern Munich...he wont cost us much.

Personally I'd rather we get Kompany.

Bojinov would be fantastic but i question whether we need another young striker.

Why not Morientes?

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
he is a talent so he is expensive,i don't think we can spend

With the emirates deal coming through, we can definately spend 11 million pounds on a player. Its just whether or not Arsène wants him enough.

Clarkey

_scorpion_ said:
I have a feeling we are going to sign Kaffour from Bayern Munich...he wont cost us much.

Personally I'd rather we get Kompany.

Bojinov would be fantastic but i question whether we need another young striker.

Why not Morientes?

There is talk that Abrahamovich is funding/providing cash to CSKA Moscow in order for them to buy four Bayern players including Kuffour and Santa Maria. And as I said somewhere else, Real won't sell us anyone until they get our crown jewels.

Ratinho

Established Member
His company sponsor CSKA (as far as I know) so they can inject any money they choose to as 'sponsorship'.

Adam

Established Member
Bojinov's goal and assist weren't that impressive to be honest, but i haven't seen his general contribution. I really have to see more of him. When he got Nesta sent off he did show good strength to repel him.

What is his pace like? His feet and dribbling? His finishing?

If we wanted just a powerhouse, a cheaper option would be Yakabu.

Mostarac

Established Member
Haha, please do not even compare Bojinov with Yakubu. It is like comparing a BMW(Bojinov) with an Toyota(Yakubu).

Adam

Established Member
Compare his qualities, and strengths for me then. This is how you prove he would be a better option than Yakabu (who has proved he is a great player in the Premiership - scored alot of goals, and scared the **** out of the big teams defences).

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Adam - he does not posess the trickery of Bobby or the pace of Thierry, but he's something else i tell you.

He's got a lethal, lethal right foot. He is capable of scoring crackers from 20-30 yards out and he has done that on many occasions this season. He also just recently blasted a real accurate shot with his LEFT that ended up in the roof of the net, if memory serves me right, that was against Udinese.

He's not very quick but he has unbelievable strength to hold off defenders. Whats even more impressive is that these are some of the best defenders in the world, i.e Nesta, Stam, Maldini, Thuram, Zanetti, etc. He is rather unpredictable with his movement and very rarely have i seen defenders get the best of him. When he has control of that ball, virtually nobody can take it off him.

There are 2 main reasons why i would love to see him at Arsenal. 1) He adds something different into the team. IMO The qualities the majority of this arsenal team have are pace, skill, and passing ability - Bojinov has strength, fighting sprit, a classic centre forward mentality, and the ability to score from long distance. Also - he can play on the right. 3 of our 4 main strikers originially play/played on the left and therefore its no secret that most of our attacks come from the left hand side but with Bojinov helping out Freddie, i reckon that could change.

2)Our strikers are all way too similar. Henry and Reyes like to drop deep and run at defenders, creating chances for others while Bergkamp and V.Persie are second strikers. Bojinov is a cenre forward who will finish moves off. We havent had a proper 'centre forward' since the days of Wrighty, and i personally think that that is our main problem. I really cannot think of a better finisher than Bojinov - not at 18 years old.

He's 18 and he's scoring week in week out against some of the best defenders in the world in a league known for its defensive formations - he is, IMO, a steal at 11 million.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
He's basically the second coming of Hristo Stoichkov, with potential to be even better. Seriously, are there any other realistic striking targets to go for? If we're in for strikers, Bojinov is our best bet.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Jose_Reyes_2005 said:
Adam - he does not posess the trickery of Bobby or the pace of Thierry, but he's something else i tell you.

He's got a lethal, lethal right foot. He is capable of scoring crackers from 20-30 yards out and he has done that on many occasions this season. He also just recently blasted a real accurate shot with his LEFT that ended up in the roof of the net, if memory serves me right, that was against Udinese.

He's not very quick but he has unbelievable strength to hold off defenders. Whats even more impressive is that these are some of the best defenders in the world, i.e Nesta, Stam, Maldini, Thuram, Zanetti, etc. He is rather unpredictable with his movement and very rarely have i seen defenders get the best of him. When he has control of that ball, virtually nobody can take it off him.

There are 2 main reasons why i would love to see him at Arsenal. 1) He adds something different into the team. IMO The qualities the majority of this arsenal team have are pace, skill, and passing ability - Bojinov has strength, fighting sprit, a classic centre forward mentality, and the ability to score from long distance. Also - he can play on the right. 3 of our 4 main strikers originially play/played on the left and therefore its no secret that most of our attacks come from the left hand side but with Bojinov helping out Freddie, i reckon that could change.

2)Our strikers are all way too similar. Henry and Reyes like to drop deep and run at defenders, creating chances for others while Bergkamp and V.Persie are second strikers. Bojinov is a cenre forward who will finish moves off. We havent had a proper 'centre forward' since the days of Wrighty, and i personally think that that is our main problem. I really cannot think of a better finisher than Bojinov - not at 18 years old.

He's 18 and he's scoring week in week out against some of the best defenders in the world in a league known for its defensive formations - he is, IMO, a steal at 11 million.

have you even seen him play? bojinov is very quick. even cordoba couldn't catch him and cordoba is very(!), very quick! bojinov reminds me of rooney, only better. stronger, better finisher, smarter and quicker...

Top Bottom