• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Valeri Bojinov

Adam

Established Member
Wow. Cordoba is the fastest player in serie a over 60 metres! And i have seen him match Thierry for pace.

I'll have to watch one of the games Bojinov is involved in. His price is sure to go up by the end of the season, unless his performances drop.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
have you even seen him play? bojinov is very quick. even cordoba couldn't catch him and cordoba is very(!), very quick! bojinov reminds me of rooney, only better. stronger, better finisher, smarter and quicker...

lol he's definately not as fast as cordoba - who is without a doubt the fastest player in Italy.

His price is sure to go up by the end of the season, unless his performances drop.

His price is 11 million and that wont change unless somehow they figure out a way to take the clause out of the contract.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Jose_Reyes_2005 said:
have you even seen him play? bojinov is very quick. even cordoba couldn't catch him and cordoba is very(!), very quick! bojinov reminds me of rooney, only better. stronger, better finisher, smarter and quicker...

lol he's definately not as fast as cordoba - who is without a doubt the fastest player in Italy.

His price is sure to go up by the end of the season, unless his performances drop.

His price is 11 million and that wont change unless somehow they figure out a way to take the clause out of the contract.

well, i know what i saw. bojinov ran and cordoba followed, but he couldn't catch him. so i guess you don't know what you're talking about. btw, i never said he was faster. just that he couldn't catch him...

cordoba is the fastest? how do you know that? do you have some facts to back up your claim? if not, shut it...

you said bojinov wasn't very quick; that tells me one of two things.
1.you've never seen him play.
or
2.you've seen him play, but you don't sh*t about sh*t...

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
well, i know what i saw. bojinov ran and cordoba followed, but he couldn't catch him. so i guess you don't know what you're talking about. btw, i never said he was faster. just that he couldn't catch him...

cordoba is the fastest? how do you know that? do you have some facts to back up your claim? if not, shut it...

you said bojinov wasn't very quick; that tells me one of two things.
1.you've never seen him play.
or
2.you've seen him play, but you don't sh*t about sh*t...

Isnt saying 'he couldnt catch him' saying that 'he's slower than him' ???

I dont know why on earth you'v started personal insults but i guess people like you have no other option. :wink:

I find it very amusing that everyone who disagrees with you 'doesnt know what they'r talking about' and should 'shut it' because they dont know '**** about ****' :lol:

And yes, compared to the likes of Henry, Cordoba and Carlos back in his day - he is not quick.

patrick42uk

Established Member
is he not left footed? yesterday he scored a left footed free-kick against milan. potential to be better than stoichkov? we pay youngsters too much respect these days.

seanconvey66

he sounds and looks really good, and i think we're crying out for a real centre forward who lurks around the penalty box they would score a bag of goals for us!!!!

AFCG7

Established Member
Comparisons with Stoichkov are off base people..get a handle on the enthusiasm a bit. He's not blessed with the greatest amount of pace but he's quick enough.He can shoot with either foot but his left is more lethal.He's strong and direct and good in the air.He's different to Reyes and Henry who both drop deep and pull to the left.Bojinov plays in the RF position or straight down the middle like an old fashioned CF for Lecce. Zeman has rotated his positioning this season depending on the opposition , sometimes Babu plays on the right forward channel instead of him.He would create the added threat from the right that we are missing at the moment.
If we are to get this kid we must go for him now..like tomorrow..not next week or near the end of the window like we did with Reyes.
£11 million is the buyout clause, we wont have a better chance to sign him.

JazzG

Established Member
He should not be compared to Stoichkov, not really fair as Stoichkov was a ****ing legend. I still remember his performances for Bulgaria and Barca, what a player he was. Him and Romario taking the mancs apart at the nou camp is one of the best footballing performances I have ever seen.

Anyway onto this lad, people are saying he is more of a traditional centre forward, so that makes me think we won't sign him. Wenger has said before that he won't buy a player like that because it encourages the team to start playing route 1 footy! But I'd like to see a player like that encorporated into our side because in Europe we need someone like that. At times I think we try to pass the ball into the net and it gets very annoying, for example against man utd at old trafford our players just refused to shoot but were always looking to pass. I was tearing my hair out!

malagar

Yes we need a centerforward for gods sake . I think that this may be the missing link in europe and in those game we draw against smaller premiership sides.
A centerman could crack those defences .
This matter is the only thing in which I dont Agree with Wenger and his wengerball .
A straightforward striker is a must - may it be Bojinov or someone else .

Mostarac

Established Member
Why do you think that we will not buy Bojinov? Nobody thought that we would buy Reyes either last year.

JazzG

Established Member
Because of his style, Wenger has said he doesn't like the traditional centre forwards because it encourages his team to play the long ball. From what I'm reading here he is that type of striker. With Reyes he was exactly what the type of player Wenger likes but the price was something that I thought would stop us, if Bojinov is the type everyone here is saying I personally would like to see him here but not sure Wenger would buy him.

Mark

Established Member
I think Bojinov has the ability to vary his game a bit and while he may be better at the traditional cente forward role, I'm sure under Wenger he could become a more versatile player, but still give us the Plan B we seem to lack. I really hope we sign him, but I doubt we will.

Top Bottom