• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Valeri Bojinov

Adam

Established Member
I don't see what is all so special about him. His speed isn't outstanding, nor is his technique, vision. His dribbling isn't outstanding, but he is fairly strong and has a good left foot.

Mind, not a left foot like Van Persie's. He seems to lack the qualities that we show in our team.

Mutu scored alot of goals in Italy - and what was he like in England?

Gurgen

Established Member
I've seen him play. He's very direct, but pretty technical too. He has a powerful left foot and can shoot with both, though the sting is in his left. He likes to shoot alot as well, is reasonably fast and has good (not great) vision. He is also an excellent finisher and strong in the air. The best thing about him is that he is very composed (unlike Rooney for instance). A great prospect if you ask me, but we don't need him, as we got enough striking potential.
We need defensive cover.

JazzG

Established Member
Adam said:
I don't see what is all so special about him. His speed isn't outstanding, nor is his technique, vision. His dribbling isn't outstanding, but he is fairly strong and has a good left foot.

Mind, not a left foot like Van Persie's. He seems to lack the qualities that we show in our team.

Mutu actually did quite well here when he first came over, then the whole lifestyle thing kicked in and he went off the boil.

He is often said to be similar to Adriano, I tell you I wouldn't mind a player like him here! His main assets are his pace, power and good shot, technically he is very good as well though. I think instead of always looking for players with vision and great technique we need abit of a power house upfront, when things aren't going right those type of players come in very handy!

Mark

Established Member
Adam said:
You have a point. Some players just don't work well in certain leagues. Maybe he Bojinov won't make it in the Prem either.

That doesn't mean he isn't a good player though, as this guy clearly is, as is Mutu in my opinion.

Mostarac

Established Member
Another assist by Bojinov today. If we do not buy Bojinov, then I hope that Wenger will go for either S.Kalou(probably) or Torres(unlikely to happen).

jasonlohkh

Mostarac said:
Another assist by Bojinov today. If we do not buy Bojinov, then I hope that Wenger will go for either S.Kalou(probably) or Torres(unlikely to happen).

But chelsea is interested with S.Kalou

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
The one problem I can see with Bojinov is that if he became Henry's first choice partner, Henry would have to significantly adapt his game to become the creative foil of the partnership. To an extent Henry has done that, but he is used to having a naturally creative player next to him like Bergkamp or Reyes. Who can say?

I do think he is a very valuable player to have when our normal game is stalling, and we need some extra physical presence and directness up front ie. against teams like Man United.

efurze

Gazza Martinez said:
The one problem I can see with Bojinov is that if he became Henry's first choice partner, Henry would have to significantly adapt his game to become the creative foil of the partnership.

That would be just like his partnership with Trezeguet for France, which has been great. He likes playing that role. Henry is a very creative player, I think he likes creating assists as much as scoring. He's definitely much more creative Reyes, who hasn't shown much in that department yet.

Ratinho

Established Member
Henry is already a creative foil, but many times there is no-one alongside him to finish his creations, as he often (much like all the players) looks to square the ball when in a good position, and only really goes to finish if that's the only option. Simplist and most effective way of attacking. An out and out striker has been needed for a while now at Arsenal, and hopefully the Jeffers debacle hasn't put Wenger off.

And Kalou is signing for Chelsea, so that's out the window. Mind you, we were never really linked outside of some imagination in here. :roll:

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
Bojinov scored the winner for Lecce again today. Very good goal apparently. He's shown consistency at a high level, so he could be a very sound investment in the summer. Providing we sort out our defence first, ofcourse.

pimple

It is all over Russian TV that Bojinov has been signed by MSI/Chelsea and is moving to CSKA Moscow. It's said that he is reluctant to move to CSKA but the opportunity to play for Chelsea convinced him.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom