Valon Behrami

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by jasonlohkh, Mar 15, 2005.

1. jasonlohkh

jasonlohkh New Member

<a class="postlink" href="http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=262885&cpid=8&CLID=3&lid=&title=English+clubs+in+for+Behrami&channel=Premiership" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://skysports.planetfootball.com/lis ... remiership</a>

Anyone heard of him before?

2. asajoseph

asajoseph New Member Elite

I've heard the name - I think we were linked with him in the past. What position does he play, because this is really key with regards to other often linked players? And is he REALLY of the calibre of player that we're looking for? That said, Wenger has had cracking success taking youngsters from lower divisions before.

3. Mostarac

Mostarac New Member Trusted

Apparently, he plays mostly as a offensive midfielder for Verona.

4. asajoseph

asajoseph New Member Elite

left, right or centre?

5. Ratinho

Ratinho New Member

Heard good things on some other forums, but is anyone else starting to despise the word, 'youngster'? :roll:

6. GoonerGurjit

GoonerGurjit New Member Elite

He sounds like an interesting prospect.

7. lowerman

lowerman New Member

Ive heard hes already signed by Juve and will play on loan for Palermo next season.
    Hes definetely a prospect.

He plays with Senderos in the Swiss under 21 team.

8. Mostarac

I think that he plays just behind the strikers at Verona, but he can also play as a defensive midfielder(centre).

9. lowerman

lowerman New Member

No, not exactly.
    He plays in right midfield. Hes a winger type of player.

10. vigante

vigante New Member

i had a close look at this player almost a year now. Everything you need from a player. Speed, body balance, ball fighter, shoot, team-work, passing,,, should a say more?
    Been great this season in lazio and he's in first-team of Switzerland to World Cup.
    A very good player who will develop amazingly fast.

11. maradonad2g

maradonad2g New Member

from what ive seen him he's pretty good would be a intresting option

12. jackieloey

jackieloey New Member

who's this guy?

13. vigante

vigante New Member

well i cant tell you any other way, once you dont see a single game of italian football per week. See a game of Lazio and you will see for yourself the power of this guy

14. Guillermo

Guillermo New Member

Surely you could elaborate a little further? Position, age, mother's maiden name?

15. maradonad2g

maradonad2g New Member

he's bout 20/21 i think, he's a winger from what ive seen. scored against turkey for switzerland in there world cup qualifier

16. brianfrance

brianfrance New Member Elite

lazio bought the 50% of behrami's rights remaining for quite a lot of money, and just a few weeks ago. It even was the most expensive transfer for a swiss player. I can't see them selling him in the summer.

17. vigante

vigante New Member

Well, he also made it clear before he joined lazio that a move to premiership is a dream come true.
    Becouse of Wenger going only on young talents i think this would be the right choice and he would fit perfectly

Yes brianfrace your right, but if we had a little chance of signing him a think we should waste the opportunity

18. dEATHgOD

dEATHgOD New Member

what are the positions the guy can play in??

19. Reyes(9)

Reyes(9) New Member

An excellent forward he's young and strong and an excellent finisher ..i think we've been linked with him some while before ..

20. Mostarac

Behrami is not too bad, he was not all that to begin with this season with Lazio, but as he has been given more time to impress by Delio Rossi, his developement has gone up aswell. He was very impressive for Hellas Verona last year in Serie B, he is the only reason for them pushing for a play-off place last year. Lazio recently bought 100% of his sporting rights from Genoa, and the rumours say that Behrami is to be sold this summer(Milan are interested). If I was Wenger I would wait another season for him to develop, and then take a closer look at him.