• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Van Parsie and Reyes

Andrew

Gilberto was behind to begin with. Van Persie had a more forward position and didn't need to sprint as he was in the right spot, also seemed cautious of off-side. Gilberto was further behind but was just so determined to get there. I don't think Van Persie has the pace of Henry or Reyes but neither him or Gilberto are slow either.

arghhhh

Andrew said:
Neither... Clichy. He was amazing today. He will become a great left winger given the chance. Reyes obviously needs to play up front in the centre to be most effective. As far as I'm concerned Van Persie has to work his way into the team.

i agree that , he is a monster

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
USArsenal said:
was it me or did anyone see Gilberto out-sprint RvP in order to get his goal? RvP was about 10 yards ahead of him, then all of a sudden, you see Gilberto in a dead sprint to get the goal....

is Gilberto that fast, or was RvP just not running that hard? he cant be THAT much faster.....
Gilberto is actually quite fast. I remember first realising that in the match against Leeds last season, when Henry scored 4 goals. He was phenomenal in that match.

KingReyes

Established Member
USArsenal said:
was it me or did anyone see Gilberto out-sprint RvP in order to get his goal? RvP was about 10 yards ahead of him, then all of a sudden, you see Gilberto in a dead sprint to get the goal....

is Gilberto that fast, or was RvP just not running that hard? he cant be THAT much faster.....

Gilberto was indeed fast, he had to sprint more obviously as he was in midfield where RVP was already in a close position and didn't need to run as fast as he would have fallen offside.

Henry IV

Reyes was magical. RVP wasn't as good but he can head the ball, given a half-decent cross. Arsenal need that. Gilberto impressed. He's far better than he gets credit for I think.

AFCG7

Established Member
RVP isnt that quick.. we have been spoiled by the pace of Henry Reyes Cole and Clichy .. maybe he wont need to be that quick..its about being in the right place at the right time, and i think he has the quality to do just that

Mark

Established Member
Van Persie is not about pace. He is not really a winger. He is more of a Bergkamp player. He will always look up and try and pick out the right pass, and also get himself into the box when necessary.

JazzG

Established Member
Mark said:
Van Persie is not about pace. He is not really a winger. He is more of a Bergkamp player. He will always look up and try and pick out the right pass, and also get himself into the box when necessary.

Spot on, he doesn't need to use his pace, he is more clever than most when on the ball. Notice in the match and try to remember how many times he lost the ball, he always seems to keep it under control and isn't always looking for the hollywood pass. A lot of similarities to Bergkamp.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
JazzG said:
Mark said:

Spot on, he doesn't need to use his pace, he is more clever than most when on the ball. Notice in the match and try to remember how many times he lost the ball, he always seems to keep it under control and isn't always looking for the hollywood pass. A lot of similarities to Bergkamp.
You could also see that he didn't run with the ball at the defenders. He pulls players out in order to free others.

calvinngai88

*Loyan* said:
JazzG said:
Mark said:

You could also see that he didn't run with the ball at the defenders. He pulls players out in order to free others.

Agree. More of a team player, rather than one who recklessly keeps passing back to initiate an attack. RVP can dribble, not with his pace, but technique. Will be an addition of a goal-threaning shot outside the penalty box and also inside with his good headers. :)

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
calvinngai88 said:
*Loyan* said:
JazzG said:
Mark said:

Agree. More of a team player, rather than one who recklessly keeps passing back to initiate an attack. RVP can dribble, not with his pace, but technique. Will be an addition of a goal-threaning shot outside the penalty box and also inside with his good headers. :)
Yeah. I've noticed like other teams our midfielders hardly like shooting from outside the box. They want to walk the ball in the net. And when they do shoot its a curler. I'd like to see more rockets from our midfield but maybe I' being a bit too selfish. Hopefully Cesc and RvP will change this. Not sure if Flamini has a venemous shot on him as well.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom