• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Van Persie

Arnie

Does anyone else feel he doesn't pass when he is supposed to? He keeps the ball well, but some times for too long. He will have to learn that there is no i in team. Time is on his side.

James

Established Member
You've answered your own question there really.

He has plenty of time to fit in, hence the reason Arsène is slowly bringing him into the side

sabret00the

Established Member
you should've posted this in the RVP thread, but still, it's due to him only getting limited chances he plays like he'll never get another chance again, he's gotta learn to trust his instincts more too

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
He'll learn when and how release the ball in time. You have to remember that at Feyenoord pretty much all of their creativity came from van Persie, and he had to make things happen on his own or initiate moves. Sort of like how Man U rely on C. Ronaldo. It will be a big learning experience to be in a team that relies on a quick release of the ball and where other players are just as capable of creating chances as he is.

MightyArsenal

Jol reckons van persie is the best recent talent out of holland excluding robben who who said was the next johan cruyff :shock:

I only wish reyes could keep his balance like robben when hes being tackled.

sabret00the

Established Member
MightyArsenal said:
Jol reckons van persie is the best recent talent out of holland excluding robben who who said was the next johan cruyff :shock:

I only wish reyes could keep his balance like robben when hes being tackled.
give him two weeks off and he'll start too, he's still bound to have sore ankles.

hesham

Established Member
this guy is F**king class . give him a go wenger .. he could be my favorite within a couple of seasons

kanuuu

Established Member
I agree he holds onto the ball for too long, but it'll take time to play like the rest of the arsenal team.

JazzG

Established Member
He does hold onto the ball too long, possibly because the pace of this league higher that the dutch league. I'm sure though as he gets more first team action that will change.

MightyArsenal said:

Not the only dutch person who thinks of him highly. Van Bastan believes he could be the most gifted player in Holland and Cruyff himself thinks RvP along with Robben and Sneijder are the best talents of the current youth players coming out of Holland. The boy is supremely gifted but the mentally needs some fine tuning.

patrick42uk

Established Member
van basten first stated rvp is the biggest talent. but about 2 weeks ago he seems to have done an about turn and reckons robben could become the best player in the world. its just opinions.

malagar

I would say on the example of the last carlinggame that he holds to the ball that much because he didnt have nowhere to pass too.
You cant give passes if your team mates dont run themselves free .

JazzG

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
van basten first stated rvp is the biggest talent. but about 2 weeks ago he seems to have done an about turn and reckons robben could become the best player in the world. its just opinions.

Just because Van Persie is the most talented it doesn't mean he will go on and become the best. I remember (think it was Van Basten or might of been Cryuff) when comparing the two noted that mentally Robben is much stronger than Van Persie so that is why he is better than him right now and may become a better player.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/football/articles/10491552?source=Daily%20Mail

Among his admirers is Marco van Basten. 'Robin is perhaps the most gifted and talented player in Holland,' said the legendary former Holland striker. 'But he has to work on his physique because it seems every time he makes a play in a match he has to rest for three or four minutes afterwards.'

Interesting point there from Van Basten, maybe RvP has more developing to do but I haven't seen signs of him getting tired early whenever I've seen him.

Gooner83

I think hes just a bit arrogant but not in a bad way, he wants to impress and do it all but sometimes you need some linkup play.

I haven't seen him doing this one man show in the league games hes appeared so maybe he thought the carling cup was below him.... which it is if hes going to become a big star here.

I must admit i love his never say die attitude and could already teach some of our boys a thing or two.

Bouchra

JazzG said:
patrick42uk said:

Just because Van Persie is the most talented it doesn't mean he will go on and become the best. I remember (think it was Van Basten or might of been Cryuff) when comparing the two noted that mentally Robben is much stronger than Van Persie so that is why he is better than him right now and may become a better player.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/football/articles/10491552?source=Daily%20Mail

Among his admirers is Marco van Basten. 'Robin is perhaps the most gifted and talented player in Holland,' said the legendary former Holland striker. 'But he has to work on his physique because it seems every time he makes a play in a match he has to rest for three or four minutes afterwards.'

Interesting point there from Van Basten, maybe RvP has more developing to do but I haven't seen signs of him getting tired early whenever I've seen him.

That was what van Basten said last year, but Robin improved a lot, I can see it, he is more muscular now. And his lifestyle is way better now...

Passing the ball more is just something that will come, he needs time en experience for that. In Holland it's different and also last year when he played at Feyenoord he was the best player there, so whenever he passed the ball it went wrong... But it will come I'm sure about that.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom