Vicente Guaita

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by arshy9, Aug 19, 2013.

1. arshy9

arshy9 Member

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.superdeporte.es/valencia/2013/08/19/arsenal-viene-guaita/204347.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.superdeporte.es/valencia/201 ... 04347.html</a>

via Google translate.

Never heard of him.Seriously,wouldn't Begovic make sense ?

2. Hunta

Hunta NOT In A Caravan Trusted

I recognize him but can't remember if he's good or not, that makes it 6 rumors today eh?

3. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

I think he was Valencia 1st choice keeper until last season when he lost his spot to Diego Alves.

Meh looks this deal make much sense wenger will never make 15M for Begovic.

4. arshy9

arshy9 Member

They say that Valencia has two very good GK's and one of them wants out because of playing time.

:lol: He probably knows that he benches Szczeny upon arrival.

I'm only reading good remarks about him and how good he is.Hopefully,if we sign him,he doesn't turn out to be like Almunia.

5. Buhry

Buhry New Member

Signing Valencia's 2nd keeper wtf. Mannone replacement?

We should sign someone to bench Szczesny, he really is not very good.

6. Gervais

Gervais Well-Known Member

Signed him on FIFA11 once as cover for Mandanda.

That's all I know about him :lol:

7. ferrarif50hunt

ferrarif50hunt Well-Known Member

Begovic is sitting in his house somewhere in Stoke waiting for a phonecall. What is this sh*t?

8. Floating

Floating New Member Trusted

BEGOVIC.

9. Dial Square 1886

Dial Square 1886 Active Member

10. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

BEGOVIC.

But this guy isn't so bad from what I've seen, which is little, though.

11. arshy9

arshy9 Member

:lol: What a coincidence .

They say he's at least 3 times as good as our no.1 .

I say if we sign him it's best to reserve judgment before raging.

Szcszeny isn't no.1 material.

12. mo50

mo50 Active Member Elite

Just like Gustavo and Higuain, Begovic makes too much sense for it to happen.

13. arshy9

arshy9 Member

Remember that just because you're no.2 doesn't mean you're bad.eg.see Madrid and Casillas.Or MU and Lindegaard....etc

14. Buhry

Buhry New Member

This, just bid for Begovic ffs. We could probably get him for around 15 million which would be a great signing. We haven't had a proper keeper since Lehmann in 2006, step up Wenger.

15. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

a Note: superdeporte is Local sport newspaper in Valencia so this deal could have legs.

16. MDGoonah41

MDGoonah41 New Member

another link. what a day.

dont know anything about this guy, i assume he blows. begovic will cost close to £10m. wenger will never pay that for a keeper.

17. jones

jones Not German FFS Trusted

Think my first post on A-M in the lobby was about Guaita, bit random.

Far better than Szczesny, had a patchy last season because of the lack of continuity between Valencia's goal posts, but very talented keeper overall, was world class for a good part of 11/12, including a stellar performance against Real in a goalless draw at the Bernabeu that even made him a candidate for the Spanish NT. We would do very well to sign either of him or Diego Alves from Valencia, both shouldn't be too expensive and would probably cost even less than Begovic.

18. GUNNERS4L1FE

GUNNERS4L1FE Well-Known Member

Guaita is a good goalkeeper tbf, a definite upgrade on what we have. He was linked with Barcelona earlier on in the year.

19. arshy9

arshy9 Member

Ah @Jones gives his good input.

20. Bigbludfire

Bigbludfire Well-Known Member

Guaita's one of the best keepers in La Liga, even to the extent that Barcelona were heavily following him and were going to get him if Valdes left any sooner. He'd be a definite upgrade, no doubt about it