Vicente Guaita

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by arshy9, Aug 19, 2013.

1. jones

jones Not German FFS Trusted

Reckon if we're really interested we could get him for significantly less than 10m, even though I thought Diego Alves would be the one they would sell because of his slightly higher profile.

Guaita is not second choice by the way, Valencia just rotate their keepers far more often than any other club. Diego Alves started more league games, but Guaita was clearly first choice in the Copa and Champions League.

2. Arai

Arai Moderator Moderator

From SSN:

Wow!

Begovic is better option.

3. Hunta

Hunta NOT In A Caravan Trusted

Oh dear...
    <a class="postlink" href="http://www.marca.com/2013/08/21/futbol/equipos/valencia/1377075935.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.marca.com/2013/08/21/futbol/ ... 75935.html</a>"

4. MDGoonah41

MDGoonah41 New Member

5. CurryFlavoured

CurryFlavoured Well-Known Member

£25m for a 26 year old keeper who currently sits on Valencia's bench and has never been a consistent starter for them? No thanks. People say Wenger has a bad record with GKs but it is hardly rocket science in this situation, Begovic is a far better keeper than Sneezy which is clear for all to see.

6. Yaya

Yaya New Member Trusted

Don't think there's anything wrong with offering 4 to 5mill as an opening bid for a keeper that is predominantly a backup. Goalkeepers rarely go for huge transfer fees.

7. goonerwarsh

goonerwarsh Well-Known Member Trusted

Some of the prices being banded about for players this summer is just ridiculous. You barely have to be able to kick a ball and you're worth £20 million.

I think you're right, if this guy can't even get in the first team then he straight up isn't worth £25 million.

8. Kroket

Kroket Trusty and Sensible Trusted

I agree completely. At this point we're just seeing clubs and media take advantage of the frustration at our lack of spending so far. It's been said countless times before, but lowballing is something every capable negotiator will do when opening talks. But then you get slimy ****s like Pardew who mouth off in public about 'derisory' offers, hoping to put even more pressure on Arsenal to overpay, and it looks like Valencia want to use the same tactic.

Then again, it's our own fault for leaving it so late I guess.

9. GoonerBoy19

GoonerBoy19 Well-Known Member

This is what happens when you go and announce that you have a 70mn war-chest and still don't sign anyone until final 2 weeks of window. They know we are desperate so will try to squeeze maximum out of it.

10. Yaya

Yaya New Member Trusted

Exactly, which is why we're not in excellent position. Gazidis is an idiot for announcing publicly we have some serious money to spend.

11. Sydney Gooner

Sydney Gooner New Member

Its common knowledge that we are in great financial shape. We've been sitting on the highest cash reserves in the country for some time now. So there is nothing idiotic about Gazidis coming out and announcing to the public our new era of financial fire power.

12. MDGoonah41

MDGoonah41 New Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

13. caldeltatrojan

caldeltatrojan New Member

Right it's not the knowledge of the funds, it's that everyone knows we are pushovers. If AW thinks the player is worth less than their valuation, we are going away.

14. MDGoonah41

MDGoonah41 New Member

opening bid of 15m.

really.

just kill me.

15. Jaded

Jaded Active Member

Richard Law apparently has brief interview with Cadena Ser and confirm the interest of Arsenal for Guaita. They already started with initial asking, and will follow with a bid in coming days and believe that Valencia is willing to negotiate from the 30 million asking price.

Personally, anything above 10mil for Guaita is madness.

16. DontPushMe

DontPushMe New Member

I don't understand, do you think that's too much or too little? 15 seems like what he'd go for. Hes their 2nd choice there is no way they're getting 25, but hes a talent and we're in a bind so somewhere in the mid teens seems about right.

17. MDGoonah41

MDGoonah41 New Member

how many FIRST choice goalkeepers go for £15m or more? none?

mignolet went for £9m i believe, he was one of the 3 best keepers in the premier league last year and an established starter.

this guy is talented, but isnt an established first choice and doesnt have an international reputation.

£6-7m seems realistic. £25m? casillas would cost less. its madness

18. Arai

Arai Moderator Moderator

What I can remember that a record signing for a goalkeeper in EPL was Craig Gordon of Sunderland at the price £9M. Purchasing a goalkeeper that more than £10M is questionable unless that guy can be good as Buffon..;)

Lets sign Casillas on loan...:|

19. trunks206

trunks206 New Member

Thats not what their president thinks...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfers-vicente-guaita-bid-2202270" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... id-2202270</a>

20. Arai

Arai Moderator Moderator

I can see them putting such high price indicating that the player is not for sale.

Another thing in this inflated transfer market, a water boy fee can be expensive too...;)