Vicente Guaita

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by arshy9, Aug 19, 2013.

1. thedon5

thedon5 New Member

de Gea cost £17.8 m. They are probably hoping for around that. They are idiots.

I'd be happy if we got him for £8-9 m.

2. jmsmtthw28

jmsmtthw28 Well-Known Member Trusted

I rate Guaita very highly but Wenger wont spend big bucks on a keeper just yet imo

3. k24bfan

k24bfan New Member

Begovic better and Valencia deluded they need to payments to the government in September will have to sell players to fund that. They don't even pay players on time. Lots of issues in the club but President is standing strong(since fans would be all over him otherwise). I say we hold out we can get him for 6 million or lower.

4. Anzac

Anzac Active Member

didn't we walk away from Mignolet & Begovic when initial indications were that their clubs wanted 15m in June?

5. Cudareli

Cudareli Antonio Valencia stan

Still struggling to get my head around this.

I don't know whether it's the fact that Valencia, a team in all sorts of financial trouble, are demanding an outrageous fee for their second choice goalkeeper or whether it's because we are looking to sign yet another keeper with 'potential' to add to the other 2 that we already have.

Goalkeepers need to be treated differently to outfield players. It's very rare that one comes through the youth system and earns the number one jersey (Casillas aside). From the ages of about 20 - 26, goalkeepers need to be playing regularly and gaining experience. Let another smaller club worry about giving them a chance to learn from their mistakes, we should be taking them on after this point.

6. MDGoonah41

MDGoonah41 New Member

7. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Gianluca di Marzio said this? then its true cuz Gianluca has been really spot on for everything this summer.

8. Floating

Floating New Member Trusted

Yeah it was di Marzio

Gianluca Di Marzio ‏@dimarzio 34m
    #guaita: @Arsenal made a bid for @valenciacf goalkeeper: if accepted, the spanish club could join @EmilianoViviano from @palermocalcioit

9. Buhry

Buhry New Member

Orly? Seems wierd considering Wenger's recent comments in support of Szczesny.

I'm all for it though as I don't rate Szczesny. I don't understand why we can't just bid for Begovic though :roll:

10. redwhiteAustrian

redwhiteAustrian Tu Felix Austria Administrator

Wenger did say during this very press conference, that he's been looking for a #3 GK this summer, because our current #3 has no top flight experience whatsoever. I can perfectly understand if we go for a third GK.

11. Bigbludfire

Bigbludfire Well-Known Member

Guaita is a good keeper but not a next level keeper, what's the point? He won't be cheap and he isn't worth the investment compared to Begovic

12. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

He believes WS will be the next level goalkeeper in time obviously. So with that, signing Begovic - a relatively young goalkeeper - indicates a lack of faith in WS.

13. Bigbludfire

Bigbludfire Well-Known Member

Yeah I know that but to be honest I'm sick of beating around the bush with our squad. Guaita would be a few years older and would hinder WS nearly as much as Begovic would.