• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Victor Moses

IBL

Established Member
loosely linked to this Crystal Palace player in the star and there was a report on SSN where they showed some clips, looked quite nippy and strong with an eye for a goal. Anyone know any more on this chap?

Del Boy

Established Member
Good player but Wenger dismissed it a few weeks ago:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-discusses-cole-and-moses-rumours" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... es-rumours</a>

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
could be another Ashley young but I see Moses as slightly more talented at the same age.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Arsenal favourites to sign teenage sensation Victor Moses from Crystal Palace

Arsenal have emerged as favourites to sign Crystal Palace’s Victor Moses.

While City could offer Moses more money, Wenger’s record of developing young players makes Arsenal the preferred destination.

With Jack Wilshere, Fran Merida, Kieran Gibbs and Aaron Ramsey, Wenger has assembled a group of players that could dominate English football over the next 10 years. Moses would complement that group perfectly.

Moses has largely played as a left winger for Palace but can play in any of the forward roles. He was born in Nigeria but moved to England at the age of 11 after his parents were murdered in racial violence.

He joined Crystal Palace’s academy soon after arriving in England but with the club in severe financial trouble they want to sell their prize asset before the window shuts. City have reportedly had a £2 million offer rejected this week, with Palace holding out for £3 million.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/arsenal/7064117/Arsenal-favourites-to-sign-teenage-sensation-Victor-Moses-from-Crystal-Palace.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leag ... alace.html</a>?

Kraig

Established Member
A big talent who has looked class since he burst through. For 3 million he's worth a punt for sure!

KY

Established Member
Don't want this signing. The way he's been singing about barcelona now, it's bound to be cristiano ronaldo situation eventually.

scytheavatar

Established Member
KY said:
Don't want this signing. The way he's been singing about barcelona now, it's bound to be cristiano ronaldo situation eventually.

What is he singing about Barcelona? All I could find is: <a class="postlink" href="http://goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2010/01/18/1751235/crystal-palace-teen-victor-moses-keen-on-barcelona-switch" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2010/0 ... ona-switch</a>

"When I saw that it said Barcelona ... Barcelona? Going to Spain? But I have to think of myself, and it is a great club. Whatever happens, I want to play in the elite,"

And I interpret it as him being reluctant to play in Spain and will only go there if no big English club wants him.

KY

Established Member
wasn't it reported (last week or two weeks ago) that he was keen on a move to barcelona somewhere? I distinctly remember glancing it though i didn't read any further...Wasn't really interested...

Glovegun

Established Member
The BBC, very loosely it must be admitted, have mentioned that we have taken a look at Beckford.

scytheavatar

Established Member
KY said:
wasn't it reported (last week or two weeks ago) that he was keen on a move to barcelona somewhere? I distinctly remember glancing it though i didn't read any further...Wasn't really interested...

Just because he is keen on a move to barcelona doesn't mean he wouldn't be more keen on a move to us.... like I said his quotes imply that he isn't that keen on moving overseas.

Timleaf

Established Member
KY said:

Championship player in "I'm happy to be linked with Barcelona" shocker. :p

Goonereagle

Got a long throw on him. We should sign him now then out-Stoke Stoke. Moses to Bendy all game.

"All we do is throw the ball, allll we do is throw the ball!" ;)

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
patrick42uk said:
Read there were doubts over his age.
There always seem to be doubts about the age of African players alors? However he did come to England at age 11(if Wiki is to be believed)and if there is any skulduggery, it's usually around 16 when they would be eligible for those youth tournaments. So I would be less worried in this case.

qs

Established Member
kofigunner said:
patrick42uk said:
Read there were doubts over his age.
There always seem to be doubts about the age of African players alors? However he did come to England at age 11(if Wiki is to be believed)and if there is any skulduggery, it's usually around 16 when they would be eligible for those youth tournaments. So I would be less worried in this case.

Its not just that he's African though, its more to do with him being in an orphan.

GUNNERS4L1FE

Established Member
He used to go to my school, but the age doubts we only that he should of been a year higher than he actually was.

Top Bottom