• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Victor Moses

lee1001

Established Member
Yer, Arshavin was signed at the very last minute.

Every day there is a new quote from Wenger: We are not close to signing a Striker. I think we are closer than he is letting on.

Asterix

Established Member
Viking said:
Am I the only one who rather likes transfer windows, even if we don't buy anyone? :(

No, I do too. I always have this little glimmer of hope, even though I know I'm going to be largely disappointed.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
We won't sign a striker. I would be surprised if we didn't sign a defender though. But perhaps that opportunity passed with Smalling.

xcdude24

Established Member
Evening Standard said that West Brom made a 1.5 million pound bid for him, but we're still in the running.

Kain

Established Member
This lad deffinatly has a bright future ahead of him but is nowhere near starting material for a top 4 team. Will be very interesting seeing where he ends up and under what type of deal.

Asterix

Established Member
Hope he goes to Forest and helps them stay in the Premier League. It's be great to have Forest and Newcastle back in the PL. Leeds too.

M+D

Established Member
If the £1.5m figure is accurate then someone is going to be getting a fantastic deal, he can go very far in his career if he is developed well.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Asterix said:
Hope he goes to Forest and helps them stay in the Premier League. It's be great to have Forest and Newcastle back in the PL. Leeds too.

Seconded without the Leeds part (horrible fans)!

Glovegun

Established Member
I wouldnt be surprised if we make a late move for him. Similar to Ramsey and Smalling in that he's a fantastic talent, and you have the choice between picking him up now for peanuts when you dont really need him, or spending £15m + on him later in his career.

Micke

Have you seen much of him Glovegun? I haven't. What's he like? I get the feeling (from what I've read) that he's a poacher, playing off the shoulders of the defenders, and that he's fast and strong.

Goonereagle

For the price that is bein' banded around we should jump in and maybe loan him back to Palace if we don't need him just yet. All involved would be happy. Especially moi.

Goonereagle

Micke said:
I'll have to check the lad out to see what all the fuss is about.
DOn't believe the hype. The guy has talent but he ain't anythin' we haven't seen before. Rumours of Real and Barca bein' interested have blown this thing out of its depth. His last two months have no doubt been his best. I'm surprised Darren Ambrose hasn't had a lot of speculation about him as he went on that great run of like 6 or 7 goals in as many consecutive games.

Glovegun

Established Member
Micke said:
Have you seen much of him Glovegun? I haven't. What's he like? I get the feeling (from what I've read) that he's a poacher, playing off the shoulders of the defenders, and that he's fast and strong.

Fairly good desciption mate! Good technical ability too.

Proof

Established Member
^Indeed, it's an interesting move for young Victor.

Moses completes Wigan switch

"The striker has signed a three-and-a-half year deal with the Premier League side after passing a medical this morning at the DW Stadium," Palace announced in a statement.

<a class="postlink" href="http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/01022010/58/premier-league-moses-completes-wigan-switch.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/01022010/ ... witch.html</a>

Charisma

ARSENAL are set to hijack Chelsea and Liverpool’s scrap for Victor Moses – if contract rebel Theo Walcott refuses to commit to them long term.

Wigan playmaker Moses, 21, is one of the Premier League’s hottest properties, following a brilliant last campaign when he was central to his team’s miraculous survival.

But Wigan have resisted all bids for the player – who is out of contract next summer – and owner Dave Whelan has slapped a £12million price-tag on his head.

Now Arsène Wenger is ready to emerge as a rival in the race as doubts about Walcott’s future grow.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/261006/Weng-s-gunner-go-for-12m-Mo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/vie ... or-12m-Mo/</a>

I don't think Victor Moses is a bad player however on current ability, I don't think he's good enough to replace Theo. If Theo decides on leaving, I would prefer that we look at someone like Hatem Ben Arfa to replace him.

Top Bottom